Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 01:26 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpranger467 View Post
His Drop Ins included walking around my property when we were inside the house (we would see him walking past the windows). It struck us more as odd than anything, then moved to being kinda rude.
OP, if he's walking around the perimeter of your house on your property, can't you put up a fence separating the front from the back, so he couldn't get into the back yard, or even the side yards? Or is the property too big to fence in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2023, 05:28 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, if he's walking around the perimeter of your house on your property, can't you put up a fence separating the front from the back, so he couldn't get into the back yard, or even the side yards? Or is the property too big to fence in?
It’s over. The OP said they miss the city and are already house shopping, serious, moving,mits over for country living.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/real...y-dilemma.html

Old 09-21-2023, 06:36 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpranger467 View Post
Were pretty new to living in a rural area (we're on a long skinny 3 acres). Our neighbors wander over unannounced when I'm out in the yard doing things (I also had a friend doing the same for a bit) I'm told by workmates that thats how people are in the country. Coming from the city I find it kinda rude to come over with no call-text etc- but dont want to be mean to my neighbor by saying something (I've tried to get my point across by joke but not working).

It's not an either/or, be mean or say nothing. Say in a friendly way, "Listen, I have to concentrate on this now, but can I stop by to chat tomorrow?"

Old 09-22-2023, 12:13 AM

565 posts, read 470,434 times
City people and their problems. lpranger467, I visualize you looking like Woody Allen. How many episodes of Seinfeld were you on? lmao

Old 10-05-2023, 06:21 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
It's interesting how you're trying to dispel any negative stereotypes about people living in rural areas while negatively stereotyping "city people". People living in urban areas aren't somehow inherently bad while rural people are inherently good.

A few years back, my mom went on a mission trip to the Kentucky Appalachians and she was shocked by the way of life there. Sure she met some great people BUT there were also some truly terrible people living there. She worked with a women's shelter and the stories of incest, rape, alcoholism in the region was mind-blowing! I've lived in a major metro my whole life and there are plenty of good people here too.
If you went to a woman's shelter in a big city you don't think you would hear the same stories?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living