Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 10:11 PM

3,277 posts, read 3,538,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I started riding motorcycles (dirt bikes) when I was 10. I had a '06 Harley Davidson "Street Bob" until last summer. I sold it when I realized my 401K took a dump! My bike.....my bike.....my bike! LOL...........
That sucks. Hang in for a bit, another dip is coming, afterward, you will have a great opportunity to get a steal on a bike... kinda of an "eye before the storm" sale. If you catch me drift...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 11:57 PM

37,183 posts, read 42,370,615 times
Maybe you can be that single friend that all you coupled friends want to set up with someone. Take advantage of that!

Old 01-09-2010, 05:57 AM

943 posts, read 3,340,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Maybe you can be that single friend that all you coupled friends want to set up with someone. Take advantage of that!
The problem with that is that all the decent ones are probably taken or they slept with them one time or another...I'll give it a shot though.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:16 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,275,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
The problem with that is that all the decent ones are probably taken or they slept with them one time or another...I'll give it a shot though.
Not all of them? Look harder and don't assume anything. See my thread. There is probably a single, available one, less than a few miles away from you?

Old 01-09-2010, 08:29 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,795,707 times
I have a good friend who's almost 26. She has a 6 year old, a 1 year old, a super-controlling boyfriend, no job, and no money. She hates living here, but if she moves the father of her 6 year old will cause her all kinds of grief, and her current boyfriend gives her a curfew of 9:30, yet if she dumps him she'll have nowhere to live. There are many things worse than being single, and some of those things even involve relationships. Not necessarily healthy relationships, but relationships nonetheless.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,179,250 times
youre 26 dawg, live it up!

Old 01-09-2010, 10:58 AM

2,964 posts, read 2,915,914 times
All I have to say is your mid and late twenties, even early thirties are the very prime of your life. You're absolutely free of obligation and have money to go anywhere...do anything.

I almost feel sorry, actually I do, for my friends who settled down way to early. Of course they try to push those of us still single to settle down also...what?! Screw that, that's your life...I just learned to paraglide in Mexico. If being "settled down" is all it is cracked up to be, then why are you always interested in MY life?

PS: Sturgis is simply out of control. No where else can you get a picture with a 70yo woman that swings her saggy **** around like nunchucks. Here's to you! And that's the only thing I can say that was really PG-13. HAHA...I knew mama AFTER she was mama...in a string bikini...in Tijuana...

Last edited by HansProof; 01-09-2010 at 11:18 AM..

Old 01-09-2010, 11:07 AM
miu

17,721 posts, read 40,277,302 times
Default Soon to be 26 (in a month)

Quote:
and nearly all of my friends/associates are in love, getting married and having children and I barely have someone to call my own and it's really starting to get to me . I'm usually out and about having fun and living my life but I'm honestly tired of being single..

How do you deal with these type of feelings?
Get out and do more group activities. Do a sport, go to the gym. Volunteer. Get a dog or cat. Basically, all you are missing out of your life is having a regular sexual partner.

Are all your friends and acquaintances happy in their love relationships? Make a mental list of all the unhappy couples. Make sure that once you do find a regular girlfriend, she's really compatible for you. Don't compromise your choice of female companionship just to have a steady girlfriend. Being with the wrong romantic partner is much worse than being alone and single.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:56 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,451,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersgrl1969 View Post
Come over to my house and stay a week..I've got a husband who likes to play noisy video games, a sulky teenage son, two whiny preschoolers, a crying baby, 5 annoying cats, and a huge German Shepherd that gets in everyone's way. There's almost constant noise and chaos. By your visit's end you'll vow to stay single forever!
at least you have a husband & kids though...I'd kill for your situation over a life of solitude any day.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:56 PM

728 posts, read 1,681,632 times
Quote:
and nearly all of my friends/associates are in love, getting married and having children and I barely have someone to call my own and it's really starting to get to me . I'm usually out and about having fun and living my life but I'm honestly tired of being single..

How do you deal with these type of feelings?
My advice, and this is from someone who is 38 and can remember being in my mid twenties...take it easy on yourself!! When I see posts like yours, it reminds me why I think being twenty something is the most overrated part of one's life. OK, I'll draw some slack for that, but IMO, the twenties are cursed with turbulence and leftover angst from surviving puberty and high school. The only thing I miss from being 26 is a more efficient metabolism.
Anyways, as many will probably attest to, life can literally change at the blink of an eye. An example...I was single and enlisted in the US Army at 32. Six years later, I have a wife, mortgage payment, witnessed the birth of my daughter, worked a stable job for nearly seven years. Do you think I seen this coming at 32? Not a chance.
Enjoy life and enjoy your youth. You can and will find someone. When you do, and if you commit, be prepared for some very profound life changes. Good luck...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships