Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:18 PM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times

Advertisements

I recently saw this music video, probably one of the most whimsical things ever.

YouTube - Chris Cagle - What A Beautiful Day

They just basically meet on the sidewalk one day and the next day they were having lunch. I guess music is just as fictious as movies. There's also a song/video called "Somebody" by Reba McEntire where the guy makes small talk with the waitress at a diner every week and they eventually get together. The video is also kind of fun.

In my local newspaper's weddings section, obviously most couples are introduced by friends/family, or met at work or school. Some are high school sweethearts. But there are also a few every now or then who would meet at a football game tailgate or in one case a random meeting at a mass transit station where they started talking on the platform. This past summer I was working at a restaurant and one of my coworkers met her boyfriend when he was eating dinner...it was a busy night but they talked a lot...when he signed his check the guy put his AIM screenname down...the girl actually wrote her own on the customer copy...and thats how it.

Has something like this ever happend with anyone here? Like the girl who goes to the fitness center a lot of the same times you do? That cute checkout girl at Wal-Mart? Or the girl you see at the library a lot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 01:00 AM

3,871 posts, read 17,098,015 times
Yes!
I was working in Tokyo in my early 30s. Bruce Lee's "Enter The Dragon" was playing at the movie in Shibuya station where I had to change commuter trains to go home, and I was going to see it at least three times a week after work. Crazy about it.

So one evening after I came out from the movie and was waiting at the corner for the light to change so I could walk across the street, an unusually tall male standing beside me asked me if I'd just seen "Enter The Dragon". We chatted, and I noticed clearly that he didn't exactly look Japanese. Sort of, but not exactly. He invited me to go to a tea room. (A tea room is where you order tea, cocoa, coffee, soda at pristine sit-down little tables and have pristine little quiet conversations.) I didn't normally do that sort of thing, but Japanese men were not threatening and this man's energy/aura seemed okay to me. And so we had our first date then and there.

We dated four or five times in a couple of months. Until one day, a terrorist Korean organization in broad daylight in downtown Tokyo kidnapped a Japanese government official. Guess who was one of the kidnappers?? Gee, and I never saw or heard from him again! The spy who was marking time... Hahahaha!!!

Last edited by allforcats; 09-23-2008 at 01:09 AM..

Old 09-23-2008, 06:24 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,934,612 times
I went into a shop to order flowers for my Mom for her birthday. I chatted with the clerk as he helped me put together an order. As I was paying I said, "Should I pick you up at 8 or 9 tomorrow night?" He was suprised, but agreed to go out with me. We didn't date for long, but it was nice.

A guy I went out a few times with said hi to me as I was walking by an outdoor cafe. He thought he knew me from his work building, but I sat down for a coffee with him and we wound up going out a few times.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:28 AM

650 posts, read 2,178,887 times
I met my husband when I was 18 and working at Subway. He came in to visit a co-worker of mine, and even though I had no interest in him, he kept coming back until I would agree to go out with him. He finally wore me down!

After 10 years of marriage and 4 kids, I'd say that things worked out well!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:24 AM

1,222 posts, read 3,829,488 times
Default Emergency Room Waiting Area?!

I went to the emergency room with a bad ear infection. The waiting room was crowded and I was feeling blah and impatient. I noticed a fine looking man sitting across from me and we began talking. Long story short, we dated a year and he turned out to be an ex con and an abuser!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:27 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
That's how I ended up meeting most of the guys I dated, I had this wierd thing about not dating any of my guy friends, I met my husband that way too randomly one night at Dairy Queen lol.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:34 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Its happend so many times for me that I dont think I can remember all of them. A few that I do remember are:

Met and dated a few I met at local Coffee Shops (Starbucks, Priscillas)
Dated chick I met at dog park
Dated a couple chicks I met at a bookstore
Dated a few girls I met at the gym
Dated a girl I met at Disneyland
Dated and married a girl who was a hostess at a fancy LA Restaraunt (wife #1)
Dated and married a girl I met at a work cafeteria (current wife)
Dated a girl who I met who was driving in the car next to me.

There's more but I cant remember.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Its happend so many times for me that I dont think I can remember all of them. A few that I do remember are:

Met and dated a few I met at local Coffee Shops (Starbucks, Priscillas)
Dated chick I met at dog park
Dated a couple chicks I met at a bookstore
Dated a few girls I met at the gym
Dated a girl I met at Disneyland
Dated and married a girl who was a hostess at a fancy LA Restaraunt (wife #1)
Dated and married a girl I met at a work cafeteria (current wife)
Dated a girl who I met who was driving in the car next to me.

There's more but I cant remember.
Wow......look at you....

um, hopefully those aren't in order

Old 09-23-2008, 08:22 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Wow......look at you....

um, hopefully those aren't in order
LOL. They arent.

Because Im so cute its easy for me to meet chicks.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
LOL. They arent.

Because Im so cute its easy for me to meet chicks.
I'm sure your adorable.....just not more so than myself Kiddin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships