Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2024, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,269 times

Advertisements

Had a few dates that went well, she's super attractive, laid back, likes to be active BUT there's things that I feel could impact us

She's 5 years younger and still likes to go to bars and that which I'm over

Loves traveling to concerts which I'm not big on. Lives a hour away. How often would we really see each other?

Are we really going to drive a hour on a weekday to see each other when we have to drive back for work? (Meeting halfway wouldn't work as it's nothing but small towns and farm land)

She's super attractive sweet and chill and I'm into her but do I really wanna date someone I would have to travel a hour away to see on a weekend and be away from my own place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2024, 01:44 PM

5,213 posts, read 3,009,200 times
My experience is that if you have to question if you want to date someone then you shouldnt date them.

Old 01-05-2024, 03:44 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
I’m going to vote pass on this one. It seems like you’re content to be a homebody and she likes to be out there on the town. Add in the hour drive which will likely limit time together and I arrive it this ain’t probably worth it.

Old 01-05-2024, 03:51 PM

5,654 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
My experience is that if you have to question if you want to date someone then you shouldnt date them.
I mean...OP, you've already talked yourself out of it.

It's kind of funny...in this forum, we have a thread about a woman who's wondering if she can make it work with a guy in Hawaii, and she's from Chicago.

You're doubting it can work, and you're an hour apart. lol

Edited to add: I'm not trying to make fun of you or anything. I just really thought it was kind of humorous...similar subject matter, but the distance is vastly different. lol

Old 01-05-2024, 04:11 PM

6,849 posts, read 4,847,655 times
If you have to think about it, it's not worthwhile. If you are really into someone an hour each way shouldn't be a big deal.

You don't like the concerts and going to bars. That would be a bigger issue my opinion. Don't drag it out, stop dating her now. Don't invest the time. Move on.

Old 01-05-2024, 04:24 PM

867 posts, read 456,506 times
Welp, if your not even willing to get around a few small things like an hour away and bla bla,l mean people make real stuff work from different countries, an hour ??? Your obviously not into her enough so don't waste any more of her time l'd say.

Old 01-05-2024, 06:34 PM

76 posts, read 49,803 times
Partner, this is not meant as a personal attack so much as my natural reaction when reading what you wrote. It sounds like you are maybe 29-32 year old range so comparable to my sons.

So...too much soy or what? Seriously dude, you are not willing to drive and hour each way for a night of trim with woman you describe as "5 years younger" and "super attractive"? There is something seriously wrong with the visceral male side of you. You need to get your testosterone checked, layoff the soy, and get your mind right by lying off the woke ideology and learn to objectify women like God intended.

You are likely on the edge of prime male reproductive years. It is not just women who have a bio clocks; where a woman's bio clock is driven primarily by age, men's are a bit more nuanced and usually tied to job related financial security, the final trigger is usually a younger woman in her full reproductive prime. So the fact you are not crawling over broken glass to "get there" indicates an issue.

You don't have to marry the filly but at minimum why not treat her like the party girl she is while you look for a more tame option for the long term? If you are not ponying up to her some guy from the club or concert will be, so it is not exactly usury as much as not letting a natural resource go to waste.

My point is, if you are single 30 something male in good health and vigor you should be amorous and energized at the thought of a woman "5 years younger" and "super attractive" not worrying about getting up for work the next morning. There is something very wrong here. And recall, I say this as a man with multiple sons near your assumed age range.

Last edited by PossumMan; 01-05-2024 at 07:41 PM..

Old 01-05-2024, 06:58 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,637,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossumMan View Post
Partner, this is not meant as a personal attack so much as my natural reaction when reading what you wrote. It sounds like you are maybe 29-32 year old range so comparable to my sons.

So...too much soy or what? Seriously dude, you are not willing to drive and hour each way for a night of trim with woman you describe as "5 years younger" and "super attractive"? There is something seriously wrong with the visceral male side of you. You need to get your testosterone checked, layoff the soy, and get your mind right by lying off the woke ideology and learn to objectify women like God intended.

You are likely on the edge of prime male reproductive years. It is not just women who have a bio clocks; where a woman's bio clock is driven primarily by age, men's are a bit more nuanced and usually tied to job related financial security, the final trigger is usually a younger woman in her full reproductive prime. So the fact you are not crawling over broken glass to "get there" indicates an issue.

You don't have to marry the filly but at minimum why not treat her like the party girl she is while you look for a more tame option for the long term? If you are not ponying up to her some guy from the club or concert will be, so it is not exactly usury as much as letting a natural resource go to waste.

My point is, if you are single 30 something male in good health and vigor you should be amorous and energized at the thought of a woman "5 years younger" and "super attractive" not worrying about getting up for work the next morning. There is something very wrong here. And recall, I say this as a man with multiple son' near your assumed age range.
PossumMan you crack me up

How nice to see a little high T and humor on this often dreary forum.

Old 01-06-2024, 02:42 AM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkplugbob View Post
Had a few dates that went well, she's super attractive, laid back, likes to be active BUT there's things that I feel could impact us

She's 5 years younger and still likes to go to bars and that which I'm over

Loves traveling to concerts which I'm not big on. Lives a hour away. How often would we really see each other?

Are we really going to drive a hour on a weekday to see each other when we have to drive back for work? (Meeting halfway wouldn't work as it's nothing but small towns and farm land)

She's super attractive sweet and chill and I'm into her but do I really wanna date someone I would have to travel a hour away to see on a weekend and be away from my own place?
It's very obvious that you aren't THAT MUCH into her.
It won't work.

Old 01-06-2024, 07:49 AM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Yeah agree with above.

It's funny how he titles it "can't decide if" when in fact it's more like he's already decided he doesn't want to date her anymore and at this point is not looking for advice but just emotional support from the forum to ditch this one.

5 years younger? Lives an hour away? Likes concerts?

Son, countless people have overcome things far worse than these minor potential issues in order to date and become steady and maybe go onto marriage.

If the OP was truly into this girl, those issues would be such a non-factor to him. He's just rehearsing which excuses would sound the best and safest to cut ties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships