Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2016, 08:09 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was recently called a "bully", can anyone here really say I'm a bully??? I'm a lot of things, but bully isn't one of them.
Nah I would not say you are a bully. Clash of the generations sometimes? Yes. Bully? Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 08:16 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Nah I would not say you are a bully. Clash of the generations sometimes? Yes. Bully? Nope.
True, definitely had some issues with the younger set, but I don't know if you saw it,but a while back I was talking with r00123 and was basically telling him that I'm going to try and resist picking on the younger generation because Ive basically accepted that times change and attitudes and views modify. Once I accepted this my attitude mellowed out. I'm sure my dad's generation thought the same stuff about mine. It's just how things go.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:26 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Took me 2.5 hours to drive from Windsor to home. Border patrol was the easy part. The traffic on 96 west was just insane though.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:31 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I worked as an Exec. Asst. in an office where Friday (only) we had the privilege of getting to wear jeans - the people made such a big to-do about it. We still had to wear hose though, no open toed shoes, no mules, no sling backs, no sports shoes or capris, just ridiculous. I transferred to a different dept. on a different floor where they didn't really have as structured rules for dress. I refuse to work in another corporate office environment, I did my time and took my lumps.
Lol, omg.

Quote:
True, definitely had some issues with the younger set, but I don't know if you saw it,but a while back I was talking with r00123 and was basically telling him that I'm going to try and resist picking on the younger generation because Ive basically accepted that times change and attitudes and views modify. Once I accepted this my attitude mellowed out. I'm sure my dad's generation thought the same stuff about mine. It's just how things go.
Yeah, it correlates to teenagers fighting against the parent; the beginning of the separation, moving toward adulthood. Every generation has to buck the previous one in some way, make it their own. lol

Old 06-17-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Took me 2.5 hours to drive from Windsor to home. Border patrol was the easy part. The traffic on 96 west was just insane though.
Were you having a beer with Mags?

Old 06-17-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Were you having a beer with Mags?
Corporate meeting for all the new hires at one of the hotels.

The nearest available conference room large enough to support all of us (153 people) was in Canada.

We were repeatedly informed to bring our passports.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:39 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Yeah, it correlates to teenagers fighting against the parent; the beginning of the separation, moving toward adulthood. Every generation has to buck the previous one in some way, make it their own. lol
Definitely. We've been binge-watching The Wonder Years and talking about how my father-in-law's generation were once the idealistic hippies, but now they're just like the mom and dad on the show (speaking in generalities, of course), and how before we know it, we'll be the curmudgeons bickering with our idealistic children. Well, except for the oldest kid; he's conducted himself like a 50-year-old man since he was born.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Corporate meeting for all the new hires at one of the hotels.
I was just about to answer the rest of your post, but you already deleted it. You're quick. lol So I'll just ask, how did it go?

Old 06-17-2016, 08:41 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
That's how Seinfeld is, we quote lines from that show all day. Puffy shirt and man hands are just a few things off the top of my head. Lol
Yup. Every day for lunch I have a Big Salad; it's a ritual of sorts. And whenever I sit down to eat I say to myself "We don't have 'Big Bowls'."

Old 06-17-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
I was just about to answer the rest of your post, but you already deleted it. You're quick. lol So I'll just ask, how did it go?
The HR lady won't forget my uniquely long name .

Its an awesome environment. These people are really smart technical experts, and I can learn a lot here. Also, I'm supposed to start managing a bunch of people after 90 days of training, some of who will be older than me. We'll see how that goes. I'm up for the challenge either way.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 06-17-2016 at 08:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships