Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2016, 08:53 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Definitely. We've been binge-watching The Wonder Years and talking about how my father-in-law's generation were once the idealistic hippies, but now they're just like the mom and dad on the show (speaking in generalities, of course), and how before we know it, we'll be the curmudgeons bickering with our idealistic children. Well, except for the oldest kid; he's conducted himself like a 50-year-old man since he was born.
Haha, I watched that show when it came out.

Lol, yep. I've known Chowhound since he was 22, so it's pretty funny to see him shaking his virtual fist at "the younger generation."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 08:53 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Corporate meeting for all the new hires at one of the hotels.

The nearest available conference room large enough to support all of us (153 people) was in Canada.

We were repeatedly informed to bring our passports.
Did you have a chance to stop by the Ballet before heading home? Hope they repeatedly informed you to bring plenty of singles too.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:55 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Haha, I watched that show when it came out.

Lol, yep. I've known Chowhound since he was 22, so it's pretty funny to see him shaking his virtual fist at "the younger generation."
As long as he's not shaking his actual fists at the neighborhood kids, shouting, 'get off my lawn!'

Old 06-17-2016, 09:00 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Did you have a chance to stop by the Ballet before heading home? Hope they repeatedly informed you to bring plenty of singles too.
I'm single, but not ready to mingle through Ballet. Perhaps a Bollywood rain dance would be more apt .

Some of my co-worker have their fiancees working in the same building. So, how would you guys react to that.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 06-17-2016 at 09:12 PM..

Old 06-17-2016, 09:05 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
The HR lady won't forget my uniquely long name .

Its an awesome environment. These people are really smart technical experts, and I can learn a lot here. Also, I'm supposed to start managing a bunch of people after 90 days of training, some of who will be older than me. We'll see how that goes. I'm up for the challenge either way.
Sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
As long as he's not shaking his actual fists at the neighborhood kids, shouting, 'get off my lawn!'
That was my first visual.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:12 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,040 times
Today was the second time that I stopped at at the same car repair shop. And for the second time, I was told there was no one available to listen for the noise in my car. Well, my gender doesn't make me stupid, so I'm spending nearly $400 elsewhere, because I won't be jerked around - and that place isn't the only one in town.

Old 06-18-2016, 02:00 PM

52,259 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Today was the second time that I stopped at at the same car repair shop. And for the second time, I was told there was no one available to listen for the noise in my car. Well, my gender doesn't make me stupid, so I'm spending nearly $400 elsewhere, because I won't be jerked around - and that place isn't the only one in town.
A year or so ago we had some work done on our kitchen a small job nothing major and when I was calling contactors to get bids I couldn't get anyone to call back. I called 4 or 5 people, finally got someone to come out and give us a bid. I remember thinking so much for this supposedly bad economy, I mean if they've got so much business they can't be bothered to even call you back then screw them. Lol

Old 06-18-2016, 04:51 PM

Got my PC back, nice to be on a real keyboard again, typing on a tablet is rough. LOL, my life is so rough. Tablets are nice for quickie access to the web and browsing and maybe short quick typing such as typing a search for Bing, but for CD arguing, naw, not as much.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:44 PM

Someone took the time to write a smooth jazz song for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HSu7sQ0LA4

Old 06-19-2016, 03:53 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
A year or so ago we had some work done on our kitchen a small job nothing major and when I was calling contactors to get bids I couldn't get anyone to call back. I called 4 or 5 people, finally got someone to come out and give us a bid. I remember thinking so much for this supposedly bad economy, I mean if they've got so much business they can't be bothered to even call you back then screw them. Lol
I've had a real time of hiring help. So-called handyman guys don't seem to want to work unless the project is $10K or more. I thought a handyman was for odd jobs. Turns out THEY are the odd jobs. LOL

Then the car thing. Is there some "rule" not to get in the car with a customer to hear noises? Does thinking people still do that make me a dinosaur? The last auto shop said they would drive it themselves. I asked if there was rumor around town not to get in a car that I was driving (LOL trying to light of the topic) and he said, "It's just protocol." Huh?

Believe me, if I thought I could do it myself, I would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships