Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 08:06 PM

21 posts, read 27,895 times

Advertisements

What I would like to know “honestly” is if less attractive males who consider other males more attractive automatically dislike or don’t attempt to build a friendship with the other more sexually attractive male because they may consider them competition? Even though that other more attractive male may have a partner. If no, how about less attractive males who are not confident at all, how do they perceive the more aesthetically appealing male. When replying, please classify yourself as either being attractive or unattractive, confident or unconfident. Does anyone believe that a person may dislike another of the same sex automatically because of their superior looks? not accounting for personality. Tell me your experience...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 12:42 AM

by the way, i know this question sounds really really gay... I'am NOT gay..

Old 01-16-2011, 12:54 AM

570 posts, read 882,207 times
men don't care about the looks of their friends, unless they are looking for friends to go bar /club hopping with, a wing man, etc..

However, it is not a good idea for a man who has trouble getting ladies, to always hang out with superior looking friends at parties/etc.. b.c the women always tend to go for the socially dominant handsome guy, even if its 10 women to 1 guy there.

I found that when I was with one group of friends, a group where I was more of the leader, and was more respected, women would hook up with me. Where as, with another group of better looking guys, and more socially dominant, I never would get anything, except for a rare occasion of a left over.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:10 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,235 times
Since few men are biting...

My husband considers himself above average and confident. He thinks a better looking guy is "attractive" and has "admiration" for their looks, even if they are in competition for the same girl.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:21 AM

570 posts, read 882,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Since few men are biting...

My husband considers himself above average and confident. He thinks a better looking guy is "attractive" and has "admiration" for their looks, even if they are in competition for the same girl.
your husband is still chasing girls, and you're telling us about it?

Old 01-16-2011, 02:11 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
your husband is still chasing girls, and you're telling us about it?
He is speaking from historical and hypothetical point of view... LOL.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:16 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
I don't give a rip about pretty boys or those who are better looking in me. I am confident in who I am and in what I can do and what I know. And honestly its something I don't even think about.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:19 AM

146 posts, read 267,800 times
... And let's not forget there are plenty of movies which feature a scene in which the hot guy and his plain male companion go out on the town together, and meet two girls who they pair off with according to levels of attractiveness.

Surely this has happened in real life to at least one guy and his mate.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:09 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
People can like or dislike for any reason. It's a small person who gets jealous though. lol.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:05 AM

Thank you for the comments people, I agree. I have a friend who is constantly telling me this, “how he can’t get a job because of this." Lol, ridiculous!!! I almost started to believe him. I’ am sure it happens sometimes, but I’ am glad to know that most people think like me. Maybe it’s just the great fellas from city-data.com. lol. Can’t wait to show him these responses. Now, how do you delete this dumb thread? Unless, I find someone who can admit they have done this at least once. ANYONE?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships