Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 05:29 PM

3,373 posts, read 1,962,433 times

Advertisements

It takes a lot of work to keep white clean and looking good so I think if I was in the market and walked into a home like this, I would feel that the homeowner put a lot of care into the upkeep of the house. That would be a plus for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2024, 05:39 PM

6,470 posts, read 10,332,410 times
I see nothing wrong with those photos and the white walls. When I bought my home, it was almost 100% white and I selectively painted as I saw fit. In this case, I think most potential buyers would as well.

Old 04-10-2024, 05:46 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
I couldn't live that way, but I do find it soothing to look at with the little pops of color here and there.
More importantly, I find it very easy to visualize my own color scheme in that neutral space.
Harder to visualize MY ideas when a space already has a color scheme going that isn't neutral.

Old 04-10-2024, 06:15 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
What color scheme? There is no color scheme.

I would never decorate my house like this, it would make me feel like I couldn't even sit on my own furniture or touch anything. But when we bought our house, it had been a foreclosure and the bank had everything freshly painted white. I didn't love the white walls, but when we found a few tiny missed spots that showed what the colors HAD been (one bedroom was purple, one was acid green), I was just as glad for white.

We've since adjusted it to our taste. As already stated, white is easy to paint over.
I know what you mean! All white items make me feel the same way! Even viewing the place would have me worrying about inadvertently touching something and leaving so much as a smudge

In your case, it was good that the house had been painted white. It made it easier for you to add colors that you like.

Old 04-10-2024, 06:18 PM

9,110 posts, read 6,155,520 times
Lots of digital editing.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the furniture and accessories are purely digital.

Old 04-10-2024, 06:24 PM

577 posts, read 662,642 times
All white like this are becoming very popular in my area. Most newly updated/constructed have the white walls, floors and cabinets. Some use grey cabinets or tile and/or counters that have the grey veins running through that provide the only color.

Old 04-10-2024, 07:02 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigW View Post
All white like this are becoming very popular in my area. Most newly updated/constructed have the white walls, floors and cabinets. Some use grey cabinets or tile and/or counters that have the grey veins running through that provide the only color.
That fad will last just long enough for people to get tired of having to keep every surface and object in their house spotless, all the time. I guess if you have live-in staff, it could work...

Old 04-10-2024, 07:59 PM

1,824 posts, read 794,851 times
I don't know how they keep it so clean, no kids or pets, I guess. But I'm envisioning my ungraceful self with a glass of red wine...

Old 04-10-2024, 08:06 PM

2,857 posts, read 1,802,529 times
Eggshell, soft white I prefer; when I moved into my new modular home, the white you see in the photo is like what is in my home. Have a few pictures hung in each room. Clean, they still are, maybe living by myself, my neighbor too has the same white walls, clean after 5, 6 years.

IF I do move, as others have Posted, potential buyers can envision their own colors. Have looked at homes for sale, first thing I notice, especially blue, peach, I would change if I chose that home to purchase.

Off topic ? Told to remove family photos, so you can envision yourself living there, not living in someone else's home ?

Old 04-10-2024, 08:29 PM

2,040 posts, read 990,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Lots of digital editing.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the furniture and accessories are purely digital.
Agreed. I analyze a lot of real estate ads and this looks like a typical stage, complete with the fake wide screen TV. Usually the screen has an action shot of a downhill skier or a boat on lake, not a shot of the condo building or the house for sale.

OP, go check it out in person and see how it compares to the glamour shots on the listing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate