Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 07:20 PM

1,058 posts, read 679,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Sweet, hope they help. I've been meaning to put one out about strategies to get an offer accepted. Which one are you watching at the moment?

It's hard to advise without all the info. Is the roof at the end of the life expectancy, because it's a 3 tab 15 year shingle? Is it a 30 year 3 tab with some life left? Usually the home inspector will say the roof has some wear and should be inspected by a roofer. I guess w/o having more info, I'd say call a roofer and get an opinion. If there is weather damage, it's pretty common for the seller to put an insurance claim in. All repairs are negotiable (so you aren't required to replace/repair a leaking roof), but you have to ask yourself, if the roof does need to be replaced would the next buyer be willing to accept it "As-Is" or would you be better working it out with the existing buyer.

Whatever happens, good luck with your sale!
I watched several actually. They all just started playing. I would never advise anyone to file an insurance claim unless it was a catastrophe. That's is what insurance is for. I would lose my claim free discount as well as risk my chances being limited to obtaining good insurance on my new house. I have a roofer coming hopefully after the holiday to repair the patch. It's a 3o year arch, it still has some life left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals