Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2022, 11:57 AM

3 posts, read 1,805 times

Advertisements

I may be coming to the area for work in May and was trying to get an idea of what cell coverage is like in the Black Hills, and more in the area of Wind Cave Nat Park.

I have Verizon, and the maps I've checked show pretty good coverage, but wanted to get a better idea of what it's like. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2022, 12:30 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,107,463 times
The in-laws lived in Piedmont and had great Verizon coverage at their home. We could always get good coverage when we'd come and visit 2 - 4 times a year. I never paid attention to my cell phone at Wind Cave, but always had good coverage in Sturgis, Hermosa, Hill City and throughout Rapid.

Old 04-10-2022, 09:32 AM

249 posts, read 242,075 times
I would call the Verizon coverage is "pretty good". If you drop a call, just drive to the other side of the hill and you should be able to pick it up.

Old 05-13-2022, 09:27 PM

414 posts, read 972,948 times
I had Verizon for 20 years in Florida and Nevada. Then I moved here and noticed a lot of contractors carry two cell phones, one for Verizon and the other was ATT. I asked them about it and they said neither service gives total coverage for the Black Hills so they had two. My Verizon did not work well at the house I bought so I ended up switching to ATT. If you are planning on driving around it is iffy if your cell phone will work. You might notice people parked just at the entry of a canyon. They are making a last minute cell call before going into the canyon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City