Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:47 AM

5,118 posts, read 16,592,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.
~Anonymous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 05:14 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
eggalegga - that made me smile. My husband and I will have hearts composed of cats, dogs, and a one-armed preying mantis.

Yes - I cried when I found that the mantis fell into his water dish and drowned. He was a rescue. He could not fend for himself and we would catch flies for him. That's me, lover of all creatures great and small!

Old 12-28-2012, 01:08 AM

2,222 posts, read 3,599,312 times
I laughed after I got head butted square in the nose by a big horse. I had fun the time I almost got my neck snapped playing rugby. I sank down and bawled like a child the moment I realized the time had come to put the dog I'd loved for 15 years, who'd seen me grown from a little boy into a big burly 20-something, to sleep for the last time ...

Old 12-31-2012, 02:51 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times
I believe 1 Corinthians 13 has it right. It's all about Love.
Only Love can conquer death.
Knowledge, wisdom, the way we see the world, all of them are imperfect and far less true than Love is.. gifts of prophecy, knowledge of mysteries, even Faith to move mountains is to be NOTHING without Love.
Jesus said not one sparrow would fall to the ground without the Father knowing. He said a good shepherd would save his sheep from falling into the pit, if it happened on the Sabbath day.. the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.. so much for some "rules" (and theological mumbo-jumbo!)
"Ask, and ye shall receive".. R.I.P. Bootsie, I will always love you and ask of God that we are with one another again in His Presence,
and yes, that we know who we are when it happens, because what were we but Love ? Nothing. Nothing, but LOVE. When I prayed beside the bed with you, you seemed especially knowing, and happy that I was praying for you. Now you lay in rest, after dying in my arms, upon waking.
"Thou shalt see thyself that all manner of thing shall be well." was revealed to the mystic Blessed Julian of Norwich, who lived with no companion as an anchoress, but a single cat.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:40 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times
More of my personal thoughts, after losing my precious Bootsie:

I believe they will be there if we ask Jesus for it to be.
We don't need to ask after we are in Eternal Life, either,
whence we may or may not forget, but only to ask now,
because He will remember for us.
Jesus will not deny requests, made with Love, that are of the "good",
and certainly the Father said animals were "good".
Love trumps over our faulted perceptions of theology (1 Corinthians 13).
Jesus said it was better to save a falling sheep on the Sabbath
than to follow cold "rules" (Matthew 12:11-12).
We must trust in Jesus in order to receive His favor.
"all things are possible" (Mark 10:27)

and here is one of the best scripture-based links I've found:
Will My Pet Go To Heaven

Old 03-21-2013, 07:09 AM

6 posts, read 9,021 times
rainbow has 7 Color as same as in our life has Seven lifes

Old 05-01-2013, 06:19 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,457,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
I laughed after I got head butted square in the nose by a big horse. I had fun the time I almost got my neck snapped playing rugby. I sank down and bawled like a child the moment I realized the time had come to put the dog I'd loved for 15 years, who'd seen me grown from a little boy into a big burly 20-something, to sleep for the last time ...
i feel you bro

Old 05-01-2013, 06:36 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,688,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
I believe 1 Corinthians 13 has it right. It's all about Love.
Only Love can conquer death.
Knowledge, wisdom, the way we see the world, all of them are imperfect and far less true than Love is.. gifts of prophecy, knowledge of mysteries, even Faith to move mountains is to be NOTHING without Love.
Jesus said not one sparrow would fall to the ground without the Father knowing. He said a good shepherd would save his sheep from falling into the pit, if it happened on the Sabbath day.. the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.. so much for some "rules" (and theological mumbo-jumbo!)
"Ask, and ye shall receive".. R.I.P. Bootsie, I will always love you and ask of God that we are with one another again in His Presence,
and yes, that we know who we are when it happens, because what were we but Love ? Nothing. Nothing, but LOVE. When I prayed beside the bed with you, you seemed especially knowing, and happy that I was praying for you. Now you lay in rest, after dying in my arms, upon waking.
"Thou shalt see thyself that all manner of thing shall be well." was revealed to the mystic Blessed Julian of Norwich, who lived with no companion as an anchoress, but a single cat.
I prayed to her for my dog Angel, and she did live a happy life for 2 more years.
Also, ask I did for an Angel feather, silly, but that day I did find one.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:43 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,688,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Here is something I got that was on an email regarding animal rescue. I just love this

An Indian legend says: " When a human dies there is a bridge they must cross to enter into Heaven. At the head of the bridge waits every animal that human encountered during their lifetime. The animals, based on what they know of this person, decide which humans may cross the bridge...and which are turned away."
I do agree, treat them well and with love and kindness since they may be with ST Peter
to let us in. Thanks

Old 10-26-2013, 11:05 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
My little Tammy died today. She was only eight. I had her for 4 years. She was a rescue cat.
I am totally wrecked and I keep reminding myself of the words of Kahlil Gibran:

"The selfsame well from which springeth our joy so springeth our sorrow."

We can bear the same amounts of joy and sorrow. I'll keep reminding myself of that. Tammy gave such joy and love. I miss her joyous little spirit in this house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge