Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 05:06 PM

266 posts, read 706,623 times

Advertisements

yep there is something wrong with someone who doesnt like dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 03:46 AM

12 posts, read 28,191 times
the rainbow bridge is absolutely real. Here's what happened to me. Three years ago, I had to put down my 9 year old Basset...she had cancer and I was keeping her alive to spare myself the pain, struggling with the decision. The prednisone she was taking was beginning to lose its effect but I still couldn't bear the thought of her death. She appeared to me in my dreams one night and made me promise to let her go. She told me ( in a human voice) that she would hang on for as long as she could, but that I must keep my promise. She said she didn't fear dying, but that she was in a lot of pain. Two weeks later, in waking life, she approached me with an unmistakeable appeal that IT WAS TIME to let her go. I had promised. I kept the promise. The night after I held her in my arms while she passed away, she appeared in my dreams again to say THANK YOU and to ask me to give her a bath (she loved baths and I had told her the day before she died that I was going to bathe her). I told her that she could swim now in the lake at the Rainbow bridge and to wait for me there

Old 05-03-2009, 07:31 AM

2 posts, read 5,735 times
Default rainbow bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I know it sounds wonderful, but right now if anyone can share any stories of how it's real, I would really appreciate it.

I put my beloved dog to sleep on Saturday and the cremation service was yesterday. He was groomed and placed in a blue bed with a blue blanket and looked angelic. I kissed him and told him how much I loved him and then, well, you know.

Anyway, I am devastated and heartbroken. I had one dog die tragically three years ago, but my Teddy got me through it. Now this house feels like a morgue. I have zero interest in even cleaning it or taking care of myself. Something disturbing happened at 4 a.m. last night and now I'm afraid to sleep, even though I am exhausted. I think I may be losing it. I am supposed to start a new job this Monday and it feels like why even bother.

Anyway, I would really appreciate input about the Rainbow Bridge. I had hoped Teddy's spirit would stay with me for awhile, but I told him to go to the Rainbow Bridge.
Yes, I believe the rainbow bridge exists. The Bible tells us animals will be in heaven. It's up to us to get to heaven. All my beloved pets who have crossed over will be there waiting on me. Not a day goes by that I do not think of them. I will see them soon. Your Teddy is always with you. Just know this.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:25 PM

2 posts, read 7,040 times
my sweet beloved doberman pinscher who didnt have a mean bone in her body....passed away on monday may 11th/2009/
she ate her dinner of foods that she loved & in less than an hour my rain girl was gone.
i think a heart attack.
she was born in 1998.
she lived over 11 years.
she was a beautiful black & tan.
she loved children & playing with everyone & her animal friends too.
she loved to have photos taken of her.
iam so sorry for the loss of anyones dog or cats.
5 yrs ago i lost my mother to alzheimers.
4 years ago i lost my jack russell rufus who was killed by 50 yellow jacket bees.
and each thing i never thought id survive!
i was so very depressed.
i wanted to die myself.
and now again death is here ..my dog rain died.
iam in a very dark sad place.
its hard to lose the ones we love.
but after my rufus died 4 yrs ago i got zoe ...she is a white fuzzy jack russell & she is so sweet!
she is a shadow with me everywhere.
time does heal the pain .
another animal or person to love also helps.
i think GOD wants us to keep loving others.
but right now iam thinking...never again do i want another doberman!
it hurts so badly!
i have 3 other dogs now and all i can think about is when they die & how a part of me will also die with them!
but we have survival instinct & must go on and must love again....
and yes i believe that animals will be with us in heaven.
when GOD saved noah & his animals he made a covenant between both man & animals.
and the rainbow is a sign
now i end this remembering my mom: VIOLET ARLENE HOUSAND...2/11/32-11/12/2003.
AND RUFUS: 0CTOBER 2003-FALL 2004.
AND TO RAIN....MY DOBE..11/1998-5/11/2009.
and to all animals that i have known & loved my entire life!
till we all meet again...
i love you!
maria lawson.
Moderator cut: personal inforrmation
if anyone grieving wants to write ....iam sad.
we all need each other.

Last edited by leorah; 05-13-2009 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: removed personal information

Old 05-13-2009, 01:37 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,134,001 times
marialawson,
Oh I do feel your pain so well. I lost my parrot (27years) three years ago, My beloved Dad two years ago, and last year I lost my little soulmate Nugget, a chi/minpin mix at the early age of 5. And that was a crushing blow as she sustained me and made me smile again after those other two painful losses. It seems the hurt will never end. But, you have other furry friends who need you too, just as I do. You will move on, though it may not seem like it now, but you will. Baby steps. Just hang on. My deepest sympathy in the lost of your beautiful doberman.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:49 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
I would like to think all of my pet ratties, and yes, they are like little dogs, are up there. I loved them all, and lost the last of 3 sisters last year. She would give me licks, just like a dog, and responded to words. She was a bright star. I had to put her to sleep, she was dying.
I felt like I lost a friend. I adopted a little baby girl rat who was alone at the pet store. She has turned out to be a sweetie too. I am glad I gave her a home. I am like her mom!

Old 05-21-2009, 08:50 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
I won't listen to it, when people say animals don't go to heaven. If that's true, then I don't want to go there.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:41 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
Our daughters Lacey was put to sleep today........He lived 15 years, and was a wonderful family member. He was a cute, chubby, bichon......Who would hop and skip with delight.
The family had many issues with him over the last six months, and tried as hard as they could to
hang on.......His tests came back NG. He had dehydration and kidney failure.........but, they still tried to hold on to him. This day........June 16th.......Our little friend has left this earth.
He leaves his cousins Meister, Angel, and Chloe behind. He certainly was met on the rainbow bridge by my loved pet Peaches ( Lhasa Apso) Who herself lived to be 16 yrs old.
There were times when all 5 cousins ( pups) would be together and having a good little meetup themselves.....They would do the "bear hug", holding on to each other, and dancing on two feet...so cute and funny. The three little guys that are left are moving along in age themselves........
I love having a pet.......But this is the hardest part.......and it very, very, hard......The final goodbyes!

Old 06-19-2009, 04:40 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdave2 View Post
When ever I see a dog, or a photo of a dog, I can instantly tell if they are loved, and how much they love their masters. With photos like your it is most obvious. When you can see a dog actually smile you know that is one happy dog who no doubt had a marvelous life. She has archived the dream of all dogs; to be loved member of a family, and you gave that to her! Lucky dog! Im sure she is bragging to all the other dogs in heaven that she had the best master ever.

Though, I will say she will have an argument on her hands when trying to convince my buddy Gie mato! You can see him smiling here too.
what a GREAT picture!! i had been avoiding reading this thread because i knew it would make me cry.... but this picture brought a chuckle through the tears.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
Have to agree. If someone tells me they don't like animals, I generally find I don't like them. One guy came to pick me up for a date and my dogs went into hiding. On the (very short) date, he told me, "If we get together, the dogs will have to go." I excused myself to use the lady's room and took a cab home.
smart Cowgirl you are!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Our daughters Lacey was put to sleep today........He lived 15 years, and was a wonderful family member. He was a cute, chubby, bichon......Who would hop and skip with delight.
The family had many issues with him over the last six months, and tried as hard as they could to
hang on.......His tests came back NG. He had dehydration and kidney failure.........but, they still tried to hold on to him. This day........June 16th.......Our little friend has left this earth.
He leaves his cousins Meister, Angel, and Chloe behind. He certainly was met on the rainbow bridge by my loved pet Peaches ( Lhasa Apso) Who herself lived to be 16 yrs old.
There were times when all 5 cousins ( pups) would be together and having a good little meetup themselves.....They would do the "bear hug", holding on to each other, and dancing on two feet...so cute and funny. The three little guys that are left are moving along in age themselves........
I love having a pet.......But this is the hardest part.......and it very, very, hard......The final goodbyes!

what a handsome little fella he was.... saw your picture of him in the other thread.... so sorry for your loss..... hold on to those sweet memories..... they will sustain.......

Old 06-20-2009, 11:16 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,386,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Summering, keeping you and your family in my prayers. That is just so heartbreaking. Hold onto the memories. and take lots of video of the ones that are left!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge