Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 04:20 PM

1,120 posts, read 1,135,641 times

Advertisements

There are some skeptics who say animals have no souls. I believe that each time we give our love to an animal, be it skunk, dog, cat, fish, bird, lizard or whatever if may be, we endow that beloved pet with a piece of our own soul. And when we meet again at the Rainbow Bridge, our souls are reunited as we join our beloved animal family members. Yes, it is indeed true for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 08:35 AM

331 posts, read 1,385,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3chidogs View Post
There are some skeptics who say animals have no souls. I believe that each time we give our love to an animal, be it skunk, dog, cat, fish, bird, lizard or whatever if may be, we endow that beloved pet with a piece of our own soul. And when we meet again at the Rainbow Bridge, our souls are reunited as we join our beloved animal family members. Yes, it is indeed true for me.
i feel the same. Whomever think animals have no soul, no feelings, no thoughts, or emotions don't have a clue.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:28 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,326,647 times
I sure hope Rainbow Ridge is real! I just lost my precious parrot, my baby, this week and feel much like the OP said they are feeling. I am devestated. If heaven doesn't include my animals then I don't think I want to be there either! They have been the biggest part of my life! I miss my Sadie girl so much. It's all I have is to look forward---to seeing all of the animals I have lost again.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:35 PM

Ridge---bridge--whatever--I hope it's real!!

Old 03-17-2009, 05:09 PM

1,120 posts, read 1,135,641 times
cynwldkat,
I believe in it. Your parrot will probably be sharing a branch with my blue fronted amazon parrot who passed a few years ago at the age of 27. My clown of a bird will be ripping tree branches apart and saying "hi" to everyone. You will meet again.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:13 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,450,951 times
I like to think of my pets with my Grandmother who died some time ago but was my most cherished family member.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:51 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,388,518 times
Someone once said, "if there were no God, we would have to invent one." Who cares what anyone else thinks? If YOU believe, if YOU have that sense of peace because of a thought of a Rainbow Bridge, or God holding your pet, or your dear one in the arms of grandma... that works.

The big Truth is this -- no one has a clue. And the skeptics and cynics are poorer for not having a little magic in their lives. I believe that dogs and cats are angels in fur coats. I'm not convinced they are even originally from this planet. My Chihuahuas sometimes look up and watch things as if there is something in the room. If they can hear dog whistles, how do we know they can't see things we can't see? What I know for certain in my heart is they have been there for me in the darkest hours, they have loved me unconditionally, they guard me and they are happy when I walk through the door.

St. Francis of Assisi was assigned to watch over the animals on the planet. So if you are religious, say a little prayer to him to watch over your beloved pet, and ask for relief of your deep feelings of loss. And while you are at it, say a prayer for those pets who don't have someone who loves them back. Or those who are in danger and who have been harmed by unconscious and sick individuals. You gave your sweet pets all the love in the world while they were with you, and for that you will be blessed forever.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:39 AM

266 posts, read 706,898 times
When ever I see a dog, or a photo of a dog, I can instantly tell if they are loved, and how much they love their masters. With photos like your it is most obvious. When you can see a dog actually smile you know that is one happy dog who no doubt had a marvelous life. She has archived the dream of all dogs; to be loved member of a family, and you gave that to her! Lucky dog! Im sure she is bragging to all the other dogs in heaven that she had the best master ever.

Though, I will say she will have an argument on her hands when trying to convince my buddy Gie mato! You can see him smiling here too.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:44 AM

Your photo made me smile---and it's been awhile since that has happened! Thank you! Who could ask for more-----the love between you and your dog is so obvious! You are both lucky!!

Old 03-30-2009, 03:27 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,388,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicwriter View Post
i feel the same. Whomever think animals have no soul, no feelings, no thoughts, or emotions don't have a clue.
Have to agree. If someone tells me they don't like animals, I generally find I don't like them. One guy came to pick me up for a date and my dogs went into hiding. On the (very short) date, he told me, "If we get together, the dogs will have to go." I excused myself to use the lady's room and took a cab home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge