Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 04:48 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,448,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3chidogs View Post
I have Nuggets box in my bedroom close to me, along with my Chichi who died at 15 a number of years ago. They were my two special girls.
I like these names you come up with, Nuggets and Chichi.

Was it hard to pick out a new dog?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 10:53 AM

1,116 posts, read 1,133,297 times
This will sound very strange, Woof, but the day my little one died, my husband was upset, and he drove past the local shelter. For some reason he went in, just looking at the dogs. Then looking back at him was a chi mix, the same color as Nugget, except she had big amber eyes. She had been turned in 3 days before by her owner. She licked his hand. Believe me, I'd told him no more dogs all day. But he told me to come over anyway and just see her. I did. And couldn't bear the thought of her staying in the shelter. We adopted her that day. Her name is Bella, as she came with a collar that had a tiny bell attached to it. Have no idea why the owner turned her in. She is gentle and lovely. She helps the pain by being a distraction. You cannot replace your loved one, and you don't want to. But you have a lot of love in you that needs a focus, that's what I've found over the years. Now I always try to have more than one dog at a time. I have love to give and Bella does too. It helps by letting me step away from the pain for awhile.

Old 01-18-2009, 04:32 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I know it sounds wonderful, but right now if anyone can share any stories of how it's real, I would really appreciate it.

I put my beloved dog to sleep on Saturday and the cremation service was yesterday. He was groomed and placed in a blue bed with a blue blanket and looked angelic. I kissed him and told him how much I loved him and then, well, you know.

Anyway, I am devastated and heartbroken. I had one dog die tragically three years ago, but my Teddy got me through it. Now this house feels like a morgue. I have zero interest in even cleaning it or taking care of myself. Something disturbing happened at 4 a.m. last night and now I'm afraid to sleep, even though I am exhausted. I think I may be losing it. I am supposed to start a new job this Monday and it feels like why even bother.

Anyway, I would really appreciate input about the Rainbow Bridge. I had hoped Teddy's spirit would stay with me for awhile, but I told him to go to the Rainbow Bridge.

movin'on, The Rainbow Bridge is as real as you want it to be. Don't ever forget that.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:03 PM

14 posts, read 48,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbm32206 View Post
I'm sorry for your loss and can appreciate how difficult it is. My beloved Barnie moved onto the next life on November 8th...and like you, I had her cremated. Her ashes are now on my mantle with a cross and photo...and I talk to her daily, as I always had.

Do I believe in the rainbow bridge...that's like asking if one believes in Haven...it comes down to ones faith in their Lord, God, higher power...whatever or however you wish to refer to the supreme. I am quite comfortable in my faith and truly believe that not only have my loved ones who have passed, but my best friend, Barnie is in ever-lasting glory with the Lord. The rainbow bridge is the same as the pearly gates of haven...it's all relevant, it's all the same...

Be strong, your friend would want that of you...and when your time comes to move on...then you'll be reunited. Keep the memories of your friend in your heart and through those memories, find the guidance and strength you need...it'll be there for you.
I KNOW how you feel i just lost my dog in sept 2 I am so heart broken over his death he was veryILL. I believe my furry child is in the lords hands. I Loved so much , MY Heart breaks every day i talk to him and tell him i will love him always.until we meet again. All animals that have passed are waiting for us.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:13 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,190 times
I look at it like this, kids dream and believe in Santa Claus. Us as adults make their dreams come as true as we can.
I also believe as adults and extreme lovers of our wonderful pets there is a Rainbow Bridge. As us parents are the ones to make our childrens dreams come true, God also looks after our pets and personally delivers them to the Rainbow Bridge. So this is our belief as adult pet owners who sooooo loved our deceased furry pets! So is there really a Rainbow Bridge? I truly believe there is and that is where your doggie is! Happy and playing with all the rest. I had to put my Suzie down yesterday and I know she is there! And I know she will sit there and wait for me forever!

Old 03-10-2009, 02:05 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,434,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakenten View Post
Is the Rainbow Bridge real?

How could it not be?

Everything we need is going to be in Paradise(whatever form that may take). so our beloved pets must be there.

Now, after a few weeks, it's time to go to the shelter and start your next chapter-Teddy would want that.There are lives to save! Eyes to adore you, tails to wag while they do it!
Teddy will be waiting.
Now, after a few weeks, it's time to go to the shelter and start your next chapter-Teddy would want that.[/b]There are lives to save! Eyes to adore you, tails to wag while they do it!

So true. When we were living in Alaska our Pekinese known as Little Dog and also as Budgie died in my arms from an upper respiratory infection. I'd had her about 8 years (found her out in 90+ degree heat) and took her in. When we moved to Alaska she went with us along with our other dog. I estimate she was probably about 15 yrs old when she passed.

We were heartbroken and had her cremated. Even though we had our other dog and we love her dearly there was such an emptiness with the Budgie girl gone, the same as it would have been if our Pepper passed.

I told her "Budgie when it's time, you let me know and send me another Pekinese." That breed is not real common in Alaska. About 3 months later I was looking at the pet shelter on the net and there was a darling black Pekinese listed as 8 years old. Long and short I wasted no time to go to the shelter and adopt him. He was with us for a year and a half and passed due to heart failure. He was taking meds for it but it just got too bad along with severe arthritis. I think he was much older then 8 yrs old. We named him Bunkie Boy.

I knew the moment I saw his picture on the shelter website that my little Budgie was telling me it is now time; I know she sent him our way. She knew that he'd be loved and well taken care of. And she was right, we gave the little guy all the love any animal could ever want for his short duration here on Earth.

So yes when it's time our darling pets let us know. We never "replace" them, but find room in our hearts for another one to love.

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 03-10-2009 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: add

Old 03-10-2009, 02:28 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,105,106 times
The belief in the RainBow Bridge is a strong one for me...and one I have to believe in considering the immense joy and love each of my dogs have brought to me. Our beloved yellow Lab Hoss crossed that bridge a year ago New Year's Day shy of his second birthday. He was not meant to be on Earth for long...just long enough
There is a site that helped me tremendously by allowing me to create a memorial of sorts for Hoss - Critters.com Pet Memorials

Hopefully, the link will work...it is a small slideshow I put together for Hoss; and one can create a eulogy, meet others who have gone/are going through the same thing.

Hoss had many challenges health-wise, but he met each day with unbridled happiness - one couldn't help but be happy right along with him. I have a Black Lab (Hoss' mum) and a Chocolate Lab - he was my third Lab and yellow, so I had one of each colour. I went a year not even considering getting another Lab until just after his birthday (the 16th of January) it hit me rather sudden like that it was time. Our new yellow Lab, a female named Bree, will be joining our family this Friday. What makes this very special for me...aside from the fact that she will be most welcomed, is the fact that she was born January 16th, 2009. If that isn't kismet, I don't know what is

Old 03-10-2009, 04:07 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,434,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
The belief in the RainBow Bridge is a strong one for me...and one I have to believe in considering the immense joy and love each of my dogs have brought to me. Our beloved yellow Lab Hoss crossed that bridge a year ago New Year's Day shy of his second birthday. He was not meant to be on Earth for long...just long enough
There is a site that helped me tremendously by allowing me to create a memorial of sorts for Hoss - Critters.com Pet Memorials

Hopefully, the link will work...it is a small slideshow I put together for Hoss; and one can create a eulogy, meet others who have gone/are going through the same thing.

Hoss had many challenges health-wise, but he met each day with unbridled happiness - one couldn't help but be happy right along with him. I have a Black Lab (Hoss' mum) and a Chocolate Lab - he was my third Lab and yellow, so I had one of each colour. I went a year not even considering getting another Lab until just after his birthday (the 16th of January) it hit me rather sudden like that it was time. Our new yellow Lab, a female named Bree, will be joining our family this Friday. What makes this very special for me...aside from the fact that she will be most welcomed, is the fact that she was born January 16th, 2009. If that isn't kismet, I don't know what is

Believe in reincarnation? I do!

Old 03-13-2009, 09:23 PM

862 posts, read 1,642,960 times
Is the Rainbow Bridge really real?

To me it is, and in a greater sense than most, and in a different sense than most. I always believed in the Rainbow Bridge, but even moreso after my mom died June 2004.

My mom had a terrible 10 year stint with COPD, the last 5 1/2 years being almost unbearable. One of the things she feared most was being alone when she died. To make a long - but amazing - story short, when she died my hubby and I were holding her hands, encouraging her to let go, that we would hold her until Jesus, grandma, grandpa, and my sister took her hands, that she'd never be alone. After the fact, we looked at a picture my brother had taken just over the bridge from where my folks live. In the clouds, there was a cloud that looks like an angel. So it was comforting to us that Mom had an angel to be with her. [Whether it was true or not, I don't care, we believed and it comforted us.] An online friend pointed out that under the clouds and the angel, was a rainbow, and said that she was sure our Shih Tzu sisters were waiting for Mom at the end of the rainbow. Again, another comfort to us that Mom was never alone.

So yes, I believe the Rainbow Bridge is real. I believe that all Mom's pets were there to greet her, even her childhood pet skunk Sugar.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:31 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,584,247 times
I have a little baby, my first Golden, waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge. Some day we'll be back together
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge