Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2019, 06:00 PM

103 posts, read 71,846 times

Advertisements

I know this sounds silly. But have any of you ever feel like your old pet who passed has came back into your life as something different but still has the same personality? Are there any stories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 11:00 PM

740 posts, read 455,774 times
My wife made me swear not to get another dog after our dog died last month....I told my wife that if I saw a dog that look exactly like my dog that died, I'm going to adopt it no matter what because it means she came back.....Honestly, if cloning wasn't so expensive, I might have done it but $50K was just too much.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:43 PM

1,488 posts, read 1,965,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefong123 View Post
My wife made me swear not to get another dog after our dog died last month....I told my wife that if I saw a dog that look exactly like my dog that died, I'm going to adopt it no matter what because it means she came back.....Honestly, if cloning wasn't so expensive, I might have done it but $50K was just too much.
I'm sorry you lost your dog (I read your other thread as well). If you read my reply to it then you know that I mean it when I say I know how you feel. I actually have the money to clone my pets that I have now. However, after doing some intense research on the subject; I realized its not worth it for ethical reasons. Basically, to clone your pet you must be willing to live with the fact that many other animals will suffer, be treated inhumanely and then eventually killed. So just wanted to give you some insight for FYI so you can decide if its worth it if you ever get in a financial position to do it with future pets.

1. There is ZERO regulation for the welfare of animals used for cloning (surrogate dogs, dogs used for embryos, other puppies from the litter etc.).

2. Meaning they can legally keep a surrogate mother dog in a tiny cage until the birth of your clone and then just kill her. Or do anything really.

3. Currently a surrogate only gets pregnant 20% of the time. And this is because of the "advances in technology recently." In the past it was 1 out of 123 times!!!

4. Although genetically identical, a clone will not look physically anything like your dog for most clones that are successfully birthed.

So what do you think happens to the 10-20 surrogates solely used to birth your clone, clones born with birth defects, multiple puppies from each successful litter and healthy clone puppies that don't look physically like your dog when there are zero regulations?

If you look at ANY animal related industry with lax regulations (or even strict regulations) there is only one thing in common. They all find ways to inflict extreme pain, abuse and death on the animals in the name of squeezing out every cent of profit. So I'm sure you can use your imagination to figure out what they do to all those dogs above........In my opinion the pain/torture that goes into getting a clone of my pet is not even close to being worth it.

Here is a detailed article on the subject if you want to read further:
https://erlc.com/resource-library/ar...th-pet-cloning

Old 05-30-2020, 11:19 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
When I look at my spoiled, rotten ferret, I oftentimes wonder about his past life, if there is such a thing as reincarnation. He reincarnated from Somalia, India, or he was a severely abused pet in a past life or eaten as food in China? I wish I knew!

Old 01-17-2021, 11:58 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,283,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntd06 View Post
I know this sounds silly. But have any of you ever feel like your old pet who passed has came back into your life as something different but still has the same personality? Are there any stories?
I'm certain that two of my cats have reincarnated, however they did come back as cats, with very different personalities, but immediate, love and recognition, and I didn't know them as kittens, so maybe they weren't so different.

My reincarnated, heart kitty, died at 6 years old, and the first of his lives, that we shared, he was 14 when he chose me.
so, I guess, NO on the something different, but Definitely YES, to coming back into my life.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/cats...felines-2.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/28219865-post108.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/cats...elines-12.html

Old 02-28-2021, 05:52 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
I can't tell you how many times I want to call my Elvira Brandy. Brandy crossed the Rainbow Bridge 2002(?) or so. Elvira was born in 2006. She came to our door on Halloween in the arms of a local constable who asked us if she was ours. We should have said, "Not yet." She walked into the house like she had always been there. Elvira does do a few of the same things that Brandy did. Yeah, I do think Elvira is Brandy reincarnated.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge