Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2024, 05:00 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times

Advertisements

So excited for my niners and it should be a high scoring game.
I can’t fault Campbell for doing what he did. It has brought success for the season so why change. If they would have converted everyone would be talking about what a great coach he is.
Detroit should be proud of the season they had.

Still I’m looking forward to having purdy play in good conditions. He isn’t on Mahomes level, but he is definitely good enough to win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2024, 04:17 AM

732 posts, read 406,849 times
I’m crazy happy the Niners are back in the Super Bowl.

Going into the game:

(Defense)To me, this is the weakest team Niners team to make it here. I don’t understand what happened to the D. Its not a personnel thing either, I dont get it. This is not the Chiefs best team either though that defense is nasty. I have to give the chiefs the nod on defense because there are several times in the game the Niners gets pushed around.

(Offense). If we’re clicking we are the best. Dropped balls and a decent running back are the reason the Niners get the nod…but they have Mahomes and Kelce who we know can get hot.

(Special teams and kickers). Chiefs, I don’t know much. I do know our kicker is killing me. Plus I get concerned when I see Deebo returning kicks, because I assume that we don’t trust the returner

I think it’s a low scoring game. Latest trend the Niners will play from behind again. Can they come back against that defense? Will Brock sh1t his pants like Garoppolo? Our Kicker needs to play well. Defense needs to hold…attacking Mahomes is not always fruitful.

ಥ_ಥ

Last edited by H8t3rs; 02-02-2024 at 04:29 AM..

Old 02-02-2024, 07:20 AM

381 posts, read 169,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8t3rs View Post
I’m crazy happy the Niners are back in the Super Bowl.

Going into the game:

(Defense)To me, this is the weakest team Niners team to make it here. I don’t understand what happened to the D. Its not a personnel thing either, I dont get it. This is not the Chiefs best team either though that defense is nasty. I have to give the chiefs the nod on defense because there are several times in the game the Niners gets pushed around.

(Offense). If we’re clicking we are the best. Dropped balls and a decent running back are the reason the Niners get the nod…but they have Mahomes and Kelce who we know can get hot.

(Special teams and kickers). Chiefs, I don’t know much. I do know our kicker is killing me. Plus I get concerned when I see Deebo returning kicks, because I assume that we don’t trust the returner

I think it’s a low scoring game. Latest trend the Niners will play from behind again. Can they come back against that defense? Will Brock sh1t his pants like Garoppolo? Our Kicker needs to play well. Defense needs to hold…attacking Mahomes is not always fruitful.

ಥ_ಥ
how did Garoppolo sh1t his pants? he outplayed the leagues new Wonder boy for 3 1/2 quarters in that Super Bowl.

Old 02-02-2024, 07:32 AM

11,402 posts, read 5,960,793 times
I am nervous the Niners have to face Mahomes AGAIN. He is the best QB in football and very clutch. It makes me feel a little better that the Chiefs were blown out 31-9 in Super Bowl LV. I am sure Steve Wilks, the Niners DC, is studying that tape back and forth along with every other 49ers defensive player.

I am so glad they lost Tyreek Hill, but they didn't need him to beat the Eagles.

I feel good about the Niners chances with Purdy but Mahomes just scares me. No lead is ever safe. Well, 31-9 is safe.

I think Christian McCaffrey is the key to the game. Pound him early and often. Deebo could be the wild card here. The 49ers stars are going to rise to the occassion.

Old 02-02-2024, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSOFFLine View Post
how did Garoppolo sh1t his pants? he outplayed the leagues new Wonder boy for 3 1/2 quarters in that Super Bowl.
I still think Shanahan lost that game.

Old 02-03-2024, 10:39 AM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I am nervous the Niners have to face Mahomes AGAIN. He is the best QB in football and very clutch. It makes me feel a little better that the Chiefs were blown out 31-9 in Super Bowl LV. I am sure Steve Wilks, the Niners DC, is studying that tape back and forth along with every other 49ers defensive player.

I am so glad they lost Tyreek Hill, but they didn't need him to beat the Eagles.

I feel good about the Niners chances with Purdy but Mahomes just scares me. No lead is ever safe. Well, 31-9 is safe.

I think Christian McCaffrey is the key to the game. Pound him early and often. Deebo could be the wild card here. The 49ers stars are going to rise to the occassion.
49ers have the defense to pull it off. I think they need to get a pass rush and keep it going. Detroit and Green Bay rushed them really well and they beat the Chiefs. Also, if they can hold Mahomes to less than 20 points, that would help. Buffalo created that recipe.

Old 02-07-2024, 10:02 AM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
What does everyone think of chase young? Hold him out?

Old 02-11-2024, 08:48 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Shoulda won that.

Old 02-11-2024, 11:01 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
The key for me was the 49ers not closing out the game in regular time when they had the Chiefs on the ropes.
3rd and 5 @ KC 35 with 2:00 minutes left. I thought the 49ers had the game. Get 5 yards and the game will be over.
49ers makes the 1st down and they can run out the clock and kick the winning FG since KC only had 2 time outs.

Then the OT drive. 3rd and 4 @ the KC 9. They should have made it on 3rd down or went for it. A FG is no good because you are giving the ball back to Chiefs who could end it with a TD and the worst scenario a FG to extend the game. 4th and 4 on the KC 9 and they should have gone for it. If the 49ers didn't make it, they had the Chiefs pin back. Those 2 plays decided the game at the end. That was a bad call.

3rd and 4 @ the KC 9. That's 2 running plays to get 4 yards. If they don't make it , you pin the Chiefs on the 6 or 7.

Old 02-11-2024, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
The key for me was the 49ers not closing out the game in regular time when they had the Chiefs on the ropes.
3rd and 5 @ KC 35 with 2:00 minutes left. I thought the 49ers had the game. Get 5 yards and the game will be over.
49ers makes the 1st down and they can run out the clock and kick the winning FG since KC only had 2 time outs.

Then the OT drive. 3rd and 4 @ the KC 9. They should have made it on 3rd down or went for it. A FG is no good because you are giving the ball back to Chiefs who could end it with a TD and the worst scenario a FG to extend the game. 4th and 4 on the KC 9 and they should have gone for it. If the 49ers didn't make it, they had the Chiefs pin back. Those 2 plays decided the game at the end. That was a bad call.

3rd and 4 @ the KC 9. That's 2 running plays to get 4 yards. If they don't make it , you pin the Chiefs on the 6 or 7.
Pat "Magic" Mahomes.

Impossible last-minute wins ate his hallmark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football