Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 10:28 AM

7 posts, read 255,859 times

Advertisements

Im sure im not posting in the right forum.. but here goes any way... My period was late last month so I thought I might be pregnant.. I checked the placement of my cervix quite frequently during this time.. I thought I ovulated around the 17th of Mar. I took a couple pregnancy test a few of them I thought I saw a faint line but others where a deff neg.. I decided to wait a couple weeks before retesting.. and I set the date at April 6th.. Well the night of before I got my period... I know my cervix didn't drop before my period, and after ovulation, nor did it drop during my period.. and to this day it still had not.. It is very high, firm, and wet... I'm really confused?!?! Could I be pregnant and still have gotten my period? Has this ever happened to any one?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 10:47 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,456,658 times
This is the 3rd thread you have started about your cervix.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:51 AM

484 posts, read 1,583,892 times
It's possible to still have light bleeding/spotting during pregnancy, which some can confuse as being your period. I've also heard of some women having their period like normal during the first trimester of pregnancy. So, yeah, it's possible.

What kind of pregnancy tests are you taking? I'd recommend getting the Clear Blue digital ones. They're easier to read (it will say either pregnant, or not pregnant, instead of having to deal with faint lines, no lines, etc).

If you've already gotten a few faint lines, I'd say it's a good possibility you're pregnant. It's possible that you were just testing too early..but the pregnancy hormone is still detecting.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:33 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,979,824 times
What is your temperature doing? I'd go with that before I assumed I was pregnant based on where my cervix was. CP during pregnancy is typically low, soft, and closed. See if your temps are high. If they are not, then you are not pregnant. Chances are that you are not if you had a normal period anyway... if it was just light spotting, then maybe you are.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:10 PM

1,016 posts, read 4,540,967 times
It could be a number of things. I don't mean to scare you, but if you were getting faint positives and they went away after a couple days, it could have been a chemical pregnancy which is basically a very early miscarriage. Or the faint positive you saw could have been an evaporation line, or you could be pregnant and are spotting in pregnancy. If you are unsure, I would go see your doctor. They can tell you for sure what's going on with a blood HCG pregnancy test. A healthy pregnancy should have HCG numbers that double around every 48 hours, a slow rising or dropping HCG level is often a sign of a miscarriage. Good luck, I hope you get the result you want.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:57 AM

1 posts, read 38,344 times
i have read many sites about cervical changes.. if your pregnant it dosent feel like the tip of your nose.. more like a ripe plum. it dosent drop lower it goes up higher. so for the person who said it lowers i am sorry to inform you of the mistake.. and yes you can have different type of bleeding while pregnant.. it dosent always end in a misscarriage.. also you may want to just read as much as you can. look up what you want to know but try useing different words.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:22 PM

37,103 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutluvswalnut View Post
i have read many sites about cervical changes.. if your pregnant it dosent feel like the tip of your nose.. more like a ripe plum. it dosent drop lower it goes up higher. so for the person who said it lowers i am sorry to inform you of the mistake.. and yes you can have different type of bleeding while pregnant.. it dosent always end in a misscarriage.. also you may want to just read as much as you can. look up what you want to know but try useing different words.
This thread is 1 1/2 years old!

Old 11-24-2010, 12:01 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
I'm just wondering who on earth checkes their cervix themselves! LOL

Old 11-24-2010, 05:20 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times
man i just dont know anything about my body compaired to this woman. i cant even remember the date of my last period!

Old 09-08-2017, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 20,753 times
Your cervix go UP if you become pregnant. Although ive read Some women's cervix do not actually go up immediately, some take up to 8 weeks before that happens. Most are indeed immediate which is why checking your cervixs is on the suggestion list along with BBT.
Mine are up, soft and have not come down.
For those of you trying, I hope I do not offend you, but I wasn't planning mine. Me and my hubby had a slip up and I am FREAKING OUT!
My cervix ALWAYS drop after ovulation. They are still high am soft four days after ovulation along with mild cramping and frequent peeing, headaches, lower back ache. I ovulated EARLY. ;(
We already have two kids and didn't want anymore. We have a boy and a girl.
Anyone wanna give me some, "you may not be pregnant" pep talks, feel free. Smh
BUT, if I am, I am, and we will just be expending our family I guess..
#SeriouslyWorried
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy