Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2023, 10:03 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,592,265 times

Advertisements

As some ppl might know, my husband & I have been married for almost 2 years. He’s a little older than I am & we’ve been talking for the last several months about stopping our birth control to plan a pregnancy. We did transition to a barrier method first. I don’t want to get too excited yet BUT, I’m a couple days late & I’m super anxious to take a pregnancy test tomorrow.

My friend is telling me she KNEW she was pregnant before the test because of breast tenderness & nausea….but IMO, it would be super early to notice changes. Did anybody here feel differently & know they were pregnant before they took a test? It’s like she is telling me…oh, you aren’t pregnant. I told her I feel canceled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2023, 10:11 AM

5,660 posts, read 3,169,883 times
With my last one, I was sore all over. From the top of my head, to my toes. Not exagerating. But I didn't feel anything like that with my oldest. But what I DID feel with all 3 pregnancies, I would get light-headed and dizzy. Those were my earliest clues.

Old 03-16-2023, 10:15 AM

526 posts, read 248,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
As some ppl might know, my husband & I have been married for almost 2 years. He’s a little older than I am & we’ve been talking for the last several months about stopping our birth control to plan a pregnancy. We did transition to a barrier method first. I don’t want to get too excited yet BUT, I’m a couple days late & I’m super anxious to take a pregnancy test tomorrow.

My friend is telling me she KNEW she was pregnant before the test because of breast tenderness & nausea….but IMO, it would be super early to notice changes. Did anybody here feel differently & know they were pregnant before they took a test? It’s like she is telling me…oh, you aren’t pregnant. I told her I feel canceled.
For me, that window of time felt exactly like PMS. But for the fact that we were trying to conceive, it would have never occurred to me to test until I was a few days late.

Good luck !

Old 03-16-2023, 10:44 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,365,087 times
I only took a test because I was late. With an irregular cycle it was hard to determine what was late, but after 35 days without a period it was time to test. We also had not been using any form of birth control. I never experienced morning sickness with either pregnancy. Breast tenderness came later. The only real symptom at that time was some tiredness. Not everyone experiences pregnancy in the same way.

Old 03-16-2023, 11:16 AM

20,770 posts, read 19,998,578 times
I somehow knew before I took the test.

I felt weird before my period was even late. My period is usually on time. I think I took the test a day or two after I should have had my period and already had a feeling. From the moment I knew I was miserable (I was 32).

Last edited by oh-eve; 03-16-2023 at 11:28 AM..

Old 03-16-2023, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I somehow knew before I took the test.

I felt weird before my period was even late. My period is usually on time. I think I took the test a day or two after I should have had my period and already had a feeling. From the moment I knew I was miserable (I was 32).

I’m so sorry you were miserable from the moment you knew. Did you not want to be pregnant or are you talking about how you felt physically?

Old 03-16-2023, 02:52 PM

20,770 posts, read 19,998,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I’m so sorry you were miserable from the moment you knew. Did you not want to be pregnant or are you talking about how you felt physically?
That's how I felt physically. And I just KNEW.

We moved from VA to CA a couple weeks later and drove my little GTI and I was feeling sick the whole 5 days on the road.

Old 03-16-2023, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Turd Collector View Post
But for the fact that we were trying to conceive, it would have never occurred to me to test until I was a few days late.

Good luck !

Thank you! It occurred to me when I was only one day late…but, I waited a couple more days. I’m super excited but trying not to be too much. I don’t want to be too disappointed if I’m not.

Old 03-16-2023, 04:26 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,980,972 times
I just had the feeling and… I was correct! On the third one ( first two were twins) I hadn’t a clue until I was late and took the test.

Old 03-17-2023, 02:43 PM

88,647 posts, read 84,928,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I only took a test because I was late. With an irregular cycle it was hard to determine what was late, but after 35 days without a period it was time to test. We also had not been using any form of birth control. I never experienced morning sickness with either pregnancy. Breast tenderness came later. The only real symptom at that time was some tiredness. Not everyone experiences pregnancy in the same way.
Same here. Very tired. I was also irregular, thought the 28-day cycle thing was an old wives' tale. I had tested once after 47 days and was not pregnant. This time, though, I wondered because I was falling asleep on the train after work, I did not have much of an appetite, and it had been 42 days since my last period. Yup that time I was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy