Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 10:09 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,452,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep111 View Post
My home is in PSL. I was out of town for both frosts so I could not cover them.
That's too bad....

A lotta plants are more cold sensitive & tender when they are young (like a human baby building it's immune system, so to speak...) & can usually withstand cold snaps (& even a light frost) better when they are older....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 10:30 AM

11 posts, read 44,465 times
Hiya. My husband and I are looking to move to Martin County, possibly. He is a family doc, we have 3 kids, so schools are an issue. Looks like Jensen beach has great schools. PSL seems mixed. Any thoughts on particular PSL areas to target, or avoid, to get more house for our money than Jensen Beach? Also - how long a drive is it to the beach from some of the PSL neighborhoods? THANKS so much!

Old 03-24-2009, 06:07 AM

578 posts, read 1,775,981 times
Yeah that is why I am going to replant now so hopefully they will be mature enough for next winter. If not then I give up.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:05 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
Has everyone voted for best picture of the month?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/photo...ll-7516-a.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/photo...e-contest.html

Old 03-29-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Yepper!! Does the winner get a new 2010 BMW????

Old 03-29-2009, 07:31 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
maybe a sticker??

Old 04-06-2009, 05:55 AM

YouTube - cricket chirping

Old 04-08-2009, 11:22 PM

19 posts, read 53,441 times
JR

I may need some help to know where to buy in the Port St Lucie area. I am trying to get things done on my home in Tarpon Springs so I can get it sold. In the meantime if I can sell a Lamborghini replica that is 75% complete but in running condition alot less than it is worth; I could have some money to buy a home and rent it a year before moving there.
But I want to find a really good buy in a good area, but NOT a HOA community. I have had my fill here of that. They sue you for nothing and if you don't have attorney friends you are toast.
I hope alot of people get in touch with their senator and representative to pass asenate bill 2302 and house bill 1397 very quickly so people can have some justice when these HOA's so bad with power.
tell anyone you know in one to get these bills passed into law to PROTECT them from what I went through.
And... if anyone you know would be interested in the car sitting on jack stands in my garage, I will pay a finder's fee after it is sold. it is $37,500 and I have over $47,000 in it, and I will pay $2,000 if someone gets a buyer. The buyer will have to get final body work, paint job, interior put in, windows put in, etc. but most everything is there, but interior material, including radio, speakers, etc. still in original boxes. It is bettere than the real one as it has a Corvette 350-V-8 engine. It comes with a Porsche transaxel also. I am a woman and can;t use this car. Ask around...

Old 04-08-2009, 11:28 PM

19 posts, read 53,441 times
I am the xeriscapelady so I do know plants. I also have a complete xeriscape yard here. I have mulch and plants. No high maintainance. I don't to mow, edge, trim, low fertilizer, and no spray. I have mostly native plants.
That is how I will do my yard there, so I want a smaller one to be sure. But I will mulch and plant and I hand water when needed. I do have a sprinkler system here but it has not been turned on in 3 years. People love my yard and many are now doing the same since water restrictions are so harsh now. I am ahead of the curve. I did this back in the 80's when people laughed. Now they will no longer laugh at me. I believe in an organized and beautful yard but NOT grass which is not a natural thing, especially for Florida. Did you know that St. Augustine grass was developed at the University of Florida? yes, it is like a mule...It can't reproduce like others plants, it can only creep. if you lose it, it is gone. Why go through that or why have any ugly grass of some othger kind when you can have mulch and plants. I can send you pics of my yard here. I love it...

Old 04-10-2009, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 11,944 times
Smile moving to florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Let's have a chat thread to discuss anything and develop friendships here in the PSL, Sebastian & Vero Beach neighborhood.
Hi ,we are moving to Florida from Nj and I wanted to get some feedback on areas and jobs and hurricanes and insurence and all that good stuff. We are looking at Port St. Lucie and Vera beach area as we are told it is very nice there. My husband is construction and I am a sales manager. Although my husband will be simi retired and it is not as important for him to get a job I still want to work in sales retail. Can anyone give me some help. Thanks for your help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach