Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2024, 04:14 AM

18 posts, read 25,373 times

Advertisements

We have spent quite a bit of time in Vero Beach and considering purchasing something there. Just as reference as to what we like, we absolutely love grand Harbor. But the two things that bother me are, it’s nowhere near the ocean and the HOA range goes up to about $1500 a month! Price range we can afford for at least a two bedroom would be about $550K.

WE OWN A HOME UP NORTH, WHERE YES, WE HAVE TO PAY TO MAINTAIN CERTAIN THINGS, BUT TO ME, PAYING $1000 A MONTH OR MORE SORT OF NEGATES THE BONUS OF NOT PAYING INCOME TAX IN FLORIDA. SORRY, THAT WAS ALL CAPITALS, BUT I CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHY MY IPAD DID THAT AND DON’T KNOW HOW TO CHANGE IT. ANYWAY, I GUESS WHAT I’M ASKING IS, ARE THESE RATES FOR HOA THE NORM? ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR SOME CLOSER TO THE OCEAN THAT OFFERS THE SECURITY AND BEAUTY OF GRAND HARBOR? AS AN ASIDE, WE DO NOT PLAY GOLF, AND I KIND OF HATE TO HAVE TO PAY TO SUPPORT SEVERAL GOLF COURSES THAT WE NEVER USE. THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2024, 04:20 PM

178 posts, read 137,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa Villa View Post
We have spent quite a bit of time in Vero Beach and considering purchasing something there. Just as reference as to what we like, we absolutely love grand Harbor. But the two things that bother me are, it’s nowhere near the ocean and the HOA range goes up to about $1500 a month! Price range we can afford for at least a two bedroom would be about $550K.

WE OWN A HOME UP NORTH, WHERE YES, WE HAVE TO PAY TO MAINTAIN CERTAIN THINGS, BUT TO ME, PAYING $1000 A MONTH OR MORE SORT OF NEGATES THE BONUS OF NOT PAYING INCOME TAX IN FLORIDA. SORRY, THAT WAS ALL CAPITALS, BUT I CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHY MY IPAD DID THAT AND DON’T KNOW HOW TO CHANGE IT. ANYWAY, I GUESS WHAT I’M ASKING IS, ARE THESE RATES FOR HOA THE NORM? ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR SOME CLOSER TO THE OCEAN THAT OFFERS THE SECURITY AND BEAUTY OF GRAND HARBOR? AS AN ASIDE, WE DO NOT PLAY GOLF, AND I KIND OF HATE TO HAVE TO PAY TO SUPPORT SEVERAL GOLF COURSES THAT WE NEVER USE. THANKS IN ADVANCE!
This is the new norm. So where to from here after $1500 a month? 16 or 1800 a month? No, imho, this is not ownership, this. is more like a rental and no thank you.

Old 02-02-2024, 06:56 AM

300 posts, read 474,421 times
Just curious, does the $1500 month HOA include the social membership at Grand Harbor? I talked to a woman who lives Grand Harbor last year and she said she dropped the monthly social membership due to her husband passing. I don't live in Grand Harbor, but live in a gated HOA community in Vero Beach. Inflation is causing our our expenses to increase.

FYI: You had better research homeowners and auto insurance costs before you move to Vero if you concerned about expenses. Everyone is seeing enormous increases in premiums on both of the items. Both have almost doubled for me over the last two or three years with no claims or problems.

Old 02-06-2024, 06:34 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
How is the train & plane noise in Grand Harbor? that would be my 1st concern due to proximity of the RR tracks and airport.

I'm also wanting to hear of the $1500/mo include the social membership...or any other kind of membership.

While its not close to the beach, they do have a beach club on the ocean that you can take a shuttle to/from, if memory serves me.

I wonder of the $1,500 includes the beach club, and shuttle service?

I can't imagine it being more than a 15 minute drive over to the beach club, but I bet there's limited parking over there.

What flood zone is Grand Harbor in? I know its right along the Indian River estuary, so it must be low lying.

Old 02-14-2024, 09:30 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,939 times
Not sure what you're looking for but this is one of the most well run condo developments on the island and it's on the ocean. The kicker is that it's over 55 and you can't have pets.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...3?from=srp-map

Old 02-14-2024, 04:26 PM

52 posts, read 61,814 times
I can vouch for Del Mar. We have been visiting there since the 80's and owned a condo there for decades. Unfortunately we sold about 7 years ago and the price has doubled since then. It's a great well run place. Nothing like just walking out of your unit and being on the beach with a short 2 minute walk.

Old 02-15-2024, 09:06 AM

NO the HOA does not include membership. That requires a non-refundable fee of $25K to $75K depending on which level and @ $12K on up a year in addition

Old 02-18-2024, 09:26 AM

17 posts, read 28,005 times
Grand Harbor is an expensive community for rich(er) people. The high maintenance fee likely reflects higher standards for maintenance and security and their marina.

The lowest HOA fee I personally know of in Vero is $276/mo for a 1bd, $414/mo for a 2bd. It is definitely not as nice as Grand Harbor nor has their amenities. The units are about $140k for a 1bd there.

Long story short, shop around!

Old 02-19-2024, 10:15 AM

76 posts, read 94,357 times
We have a home in Grand Harbor where there are currently 2 other homes for sale. Our neighborhood is Victoria Circle. Our HOA is approximately $600 monthly and covers internet, cable tv, trash/recycle/garden waste pickup, maintenance of the grounds including irrigation and individual mailbox upkeep, pest control, security and a community heated pool. Some of the 2 story or larger homes may have a bit higher HOA’s, though not much. Our home has 3 BRs and 2 BA, 2 car garage, built in 1998. It is one of the smaller communities in Grand Harbor, very peaceful. The clubhouse is totally separate as mentioned above. Prices for the homes currently on sale range from $675 to $795k. Two homes just sold last week. Some of neighbors are aging out of leaving alone. Some consider Grand Harbor one of the loveliest areas in Vero Beach.

Old 02-24-2024, 09:00 AM

I was watching those two houses in Victoria and could KICK myself for not making a move - let me know next time someone ages out!! :] Seriously, I think that's the neighborhood I am going to target.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach