Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2023, 03:57 PM

25,704 posts, read 12,779,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Purple 2 View Post
Here you go, new listing at $27 million.
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...3_M62088-37357
I'm not a top 1%'er, so I wont be making an offer on the listing you linked to above.

$1.5M is my current max limit. I'd love to have a boat slip there, but for $1.5M, the best I can do there is maybe a small condo on the bay side ground floor, not facing the Indian River. I have not looked at real estate there since the boom that has occurred over the past 5 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2023, 04:59 PM

350 posts, read 195,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWhom View Post
Jaxrivers, are you in real estate?
Nah. I just don't understand someone with no ties to Vero Beach continue to come here and troll the place.

I don't go over to Sarasota and act like the expert just cuz I've been there a couple times. How you gonna complain about public golf when there IS and you don't golf anyway? It's like people complaining about HOAs when you don't even live in an HOA so why do you care.

No tourism: NO
No short term rentals: NO
No families: NO
No public golf: NO
Nothing to do: NO

Tourism is a big thing here.

https://visitindianrivercounty.com/v...hoC-YcQAvD_BwE

They even have a "FAMILY FUN" section of the website.

https://visitindianrivercounty.com/f...xoCsVcQAvD_BwE

Just watched my house go down to 60% with the real estate crash, when we had blinking yellow lights even at the MALL overnight....there were so few people here...claw our way back UP to 2005 values ten years later.....SELL all the abandoned unfinished HOAs then finish BUILDING THEM and SELLING THEM.....only to read nonsense about the place.

I mean it's just ridiculous to claim people don't like Vero Beach because the ride off i-95 is UGLY WHAT??? . If people judged a county by the i-95 exits neighborhoods NOBODY would live in Florida. It's that way EVERYWHERE.

South Florida is REPEALING Pandhandling laws around i-95 EXITS and it's been a controversial thing for years! Unlawful restraint on protected speech even though as you get off i-95 they come right up to your car.

The new language in WPB to attempt to curb the abuses:

"It shall be unlawful for any person to stand in the portion of the public right-of-way adjacent to a paved roadway or on the roadway paved for vehicular traffic or any public sidewalk of the Town for any purpose which is intended to or actually interrupts the normal flow of vehicular or pedestrian traffic on said public right-of-way, roadway or public sidewalk or for the purpose of inviting or enticing a person to enter a commercial establishment adjacent to said right-of-way, street or sidewalk."

HOW does someone who lives here not know it? How about drive down the East Coast every state's I-95 and you'll see nothing different if not WORSE.

How about the School Board drama over sexually explicit books with Moms For Liberty getting national attention?

But no. No families here.

I don't even go to Walmart except before 10AM on Sunday to avoid all the FAMILIES and SCREAMING KIDS hahaha.

Old 09-16-2023, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulippsy View Post
I think the main reason this sub is quiet is because the Treasure Coast is still flying under the radar. There just aren't dozens of people clamoring for information on moving here. And it's a smaller population, as others have said. The entire county of Indian River has just over 150,000 people. One of the reasons I love it here.
I love that its not overpopulated too. I stayed in Vero twice for 1 month at a time. I loved it, and found it very easy to drive from place to place...and bicycle.

I used to come to Vero 4x/yr to see my family there...but they recently moved back to Port St Lucie. I'll be back when the temps moderate, & do some 32963 house hunting.

It's nice to see some posts here. I need to catch up on the area since 6 years have passed from when we almost moved here/there...to Marbrisa out on the island. There's 3 listings there in our price range right now, but the one that fits us best is pending.

Nice to see that Captain Forster Preserve hasn't been developed yet. I hope it stays a Preserve.

That Seaglass community looks promising up by the Wabasso bridge...anyone heard anything about it?

Last edited by beach43ofus; 09-16-2023 at 12:56 PM..

Old 09-17-2023, 05:39 AM

4,542 posts, read 2,266,021 times
FYI beach43ofus - The Brightline officially starts running this coming Friday, the 22nd.

Old 09-17-2023, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
FYI beach43ofus - The Brightline officially starts running this coming Friday, the 22nd.
Thx, this forum won't be as quiet after a few days of that.

Either it will be a nothingburger, as some here have claimed.

Or, it will be noisy, dangerous, & traffic snarling, as others have said.

I hope it the former, and not the ladder because its not going away. Its forever.

Old 09-17-2023, 09:14 AM

8,068 posts, read 4,742,664 times
The Brightline trains are already going back and forth through town, doing test runs and such. I'm not seeing passengers in them, and it isn't going 80 mph through downtown. No one's gotten hit lately [knock wood].

I live close enough to see them so of course I hear them too. The BL trains are not as loud as the freight trains, of course, and take a lot less time to get through intersections. There seems to be some sort of understanding with regards to the horns, since they just sort of "tap" them a few times, a far cry from the freight train operators who sometimes just leeeeeeeeeannnnnn on the horn for 20-30 seconds and make the building shake at 3am for no apparent reason. So while I was always in the "no to Brightline" camp I must admit it hasn't been as bad as I was imagining it to be as a resident living within short distance of the tracks. So far.

Old 09-17-2023, 01:43 PM

300 posts, read 474,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
The Brightline trains are already going back and forth through town, doing test runs and such. I'm not seeing passengers in them, and it isn't going 80 mph through downtown. No one's gotten hit lately [knock wood].

I live close enough to see them so of course I hear them too. The BL trains are not as loud as the freight trains, of course, and take a lot less time to get through intersections. There seems to be some sort of understanding with regards to the horns, since they just sort of "tap" them a few times, a far cry from the freight train operators who sometimes just leeeeeeeeeannnnnn on the horn for 20-30 seconds and make the building shake at 3am for no apparent reason. So while I was always in the "no to Brightline" camp I must admit it hasn't been as bad as I was imagining it to be as a resident living within short distance of the tracks. So far.

I noticed the trains running through town a few evenings ago. The trains were running slower than the freight trains and I guess they they only had a dozen units with the engines on both ends of the train. If this is going to be standard size of the train, it will move quickly though town. The unit appears to be a lightweight build and were relatively quiet for a passenger train. Running at faster speeds, will probably cause more noise. The biggest issue will be the noise and closing of the crossing grades. Most of the wait for the trains will be the time for opening and closing of the gates since the trains will pass quickly. I am sure that some people will try to cross the tracks when the train approaches and they might get hit. Old habits are hard to change. Plus you have people who will commit suicide by train. It is going to be interesting when start full time service.

Old 09-20-2023, 06:11 AM

This forum is about to get noisy...not quiet anymore starting Friday Sept 22nd 2023...get ready for the new normal:

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/lo...l/70895311007/

When I move there, I'll be buying out on the island, so I can avoid the train traffic as much as possible....32 trains/day...geez.

Fortunately, my family lives far enough away from the tracks to retain their peace & quiet, yet still far enough away from I-95 too.

I predict they'll eventually need to build at least 2 flyover bridges to take local traffic over the tracks.

I wonder if dogs will freak out from the sound & vibration like they do from thunder, lightning, & fireworks?

Old 09-20-2023, 09:30 AM

8,068 posts, read 4,742,664 times
I admire the positivity, but most of the discussion about BL prior to the pandemic was based around worries/concerns that the taxpayers would end up propping up a passenger train service that had very limited interest/scope, that it was an AMTRAK-style money pit. It was a "General Florida Forum" discussion more than specific to this "Treasure Coast" sub-forum, and like most topics ended up becoming political (or at least politically-tinged). There seems to be less concern about that now, so there won't even be THAT kind of chatter...at least until they start writing stories about lower ridership and the need for a bailout or something.

The Treasure Coast is just a pass-through to them (the equivalent of "fly-over country") until they decide to open a station someplace in this part of the route, so other than a bit of griping about increased wait times at intersections, I can't imagine Brightline generating much more discussion among our locals other than speculation about where they might build a station someday.

I think there was a slowdown in post traffic mainly because we're not in season, and posting will pick up as season does. I mean, you don't get much more "seasonal" than Naples/Collier County, and their sub-forum hasn't had a single new post in over a month!

Old 09-20-2023, 11:15 AM

300 posts, read 474,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
I admire the positivity, but most of the discussion about BL prior to the pandemic was based around worries/concerns that the taxpayers would end up propping up a passenger train service that had very limited interest/scope, that it was an AMTRAK-style money pit. It was a "General Florida Forum" discussion more than specific to this "Treasure Coast" sub-forum, and like most topics ended up becoming political (or at least politically-tinged). There seems to be less concern about that now, so there won't even be THAT kind of chatter...at least until they start writing stories about lower ridership and the need for a bailout or something.

The Treasure Coast is just a pass-through to them (the equivalent of "fly-over country") until they decide to open a station someplace in this part of the route, so other than a bit of griping about increased wait times at intersections, I can't imagine Brightline generating much more discussion among our locals other than speculation about where they might build a station someday.

I think there was a slowdown in post traffic mainly because we're not in season, and posting will pick up as season does. I mean, you don't get much more "seasonal" than Naples/Collier County, and their sub-forum hasn't had a single new post in over a month!

I agree, it will be interesting to see if BL generates enough volume to be profitable. The section from MCO to Cocoa could generate some volume for at least the cruise ship business. This is the section that can have the highest speeds in the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach