Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 11:26 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,818,152 times

Advertisements

Then WE should 'stop' our 3 billion/yr foreign aid to Israel

'Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday said Israel will continue to expand settlements in the occupied West Bank despite calls (http://rawstory.com/news/afp/Israel_to_keep_expanding_settlement_05242009.html# - broken link) by main ally the United States to stop.'

The Raw Story | Israel to keep expanding settlements: Netanyahu (http://rawstory.com/news/afp/Israel_to_keep_expanding_settlement_05242009.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 11:30 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,776,301 times
Yes, that makes a lot of sense, lets cut off the only democracy in the middle east because they don't do exactly what we want.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:40 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,651,968 times
By continuing to build settlements on the West Bank, Israel is heaping gas on a fire. And they know it. Personally I think this is their way to get rid of their own religious fundementalists, but still - common sense would tell them to stop this practice.

If we are gifting them with money, (and really, why should we? Israel is not a third or even a second world country by any measure) then we should have the right to stop sending money whenever we wish, and for whatever reason we wish.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:42 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,964,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yes, that makes a lot of sense, lets cut off the only democracy in the middle east because they don't do exactly what we want.
Israel is a theocracy.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Israel is a theocracy.

You may want to let the CIA in on that.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...s/is.html#Govt

Old 05-24-2009, 11:47 PM

142 posts, read 222,174 times
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Israel have more UN condemnations than any other country?

Old 05-24-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Corinthians127 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Israel have more UN condemnations than any other country?

Another reason to admire them.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:55 PM

142 posts, read 222,174 times
Quote:
Another reason to admire them.
Lol, I'm not a big fan of the U.N. either (Americas founding fathers wouldn't support it any way...) but they are good sometimes.

The only reason nothing has been done to Israel is because of America blocking anything against them. Israel is one big military base for America. Not only is it a way to destabilize the region (seriously, a Jewish only state? There really is no need for one) But it is also, as said before, a military base that America can use to attack other countries. Israel, the 51st state?

Old 05-24-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Corinthians127 View Post
Lol, I'm not a big fan of the U.N. either (Americas founding fathers wouldn't support it any way...) but they are good sometimes.

The only reason nothing has been done to Israel is because of America blocking anything against them. Israel is one big military base for America. Not only is it a way to destabilize the region (seriously, a Jewish only state? There really is no need for one) But it is also, as said before, a military base that America can use to attack other countries. Israel, the 51st state?
It is a state that helps America protect our interests. Without them we would be up a creek . Who else is our friend in that region?

Old 05-25-2009, 12:00 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,964,849 times
Quote:
You may want to let the CIA in on that.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...s/is.html#Govt
Well it depends on how you define democracy. If your definition of a democracy is that people vote for their elected leaders, then yes it would be a democracy. However, my definition and that of many others is that if you only allow those of a certain religion to vote...then you have a theocracy. It is understandable why Israel does it this way though. If they allowed all the arabs to vote, there would no longer be an Israel, but lets call it what it is.

Be that as it may, I say cut off funding to them not because of any political or moral reason but because I think we should cut off all foreign aid that we have to borrow money to pay for, which would be all financial aid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies