Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:46 AM

4,233 posts, read 3,775,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
is less than 1% still a life? At least that’s what I was told in 2020. Is it a choice? a clump of cells? I think we need to be more specific on what a fetus is.
THIS! 1% was deemed unacceptable during Covid, but seems to now be acceptable for abortion.

Old Today, 08:49 AM

36,672 posts, read 30,967,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureSLarry View Post
So what is wrong with policy other than you don't like it if it doesn't impact you? You a unicorn, know of any? There should be no issue regulating unicorns since they are non-existent and you have the added bonus of protecting the young life in circumstances where the mother might not be in the right frame of mind.

FWIW - doctors have protocol to follow, our entire medical system and insurance system is founded on it. Morality is in play. The first thing they teach now is that the Hippocratic Oath is antiquated because the quackery has got a foothold once again. Doctors are not God, not above the law, not all-being, all-knowing, and DEFINITELY capable of performing illegal actions if unregulated.
I have no idea what you are going on about.
What policy? I'm talking about this stupid talking point about democrats want to allow abortions up to birth just because a woman wants to.

You actually supported my point that yes doctors do have protocol and are not going to abort a full term healthy baby because a mother might not be in the right frame of mind. It does not happen other than a unicorn where a deranged doctor would do it illegally.

Old Today, 08:50 AM

7,989 posts, read 3,519,178 times
You don't keep heinous things legal because you think nobody would possibly do them. That's ludicrous.

Old Today, 08:51 AM

15,568 posts, read 7,583,489 times
Quote:
is less than 1% still a life? At least that’s what I was told in 2020. Is it a choice? a clump of cells? I think we need to be more specific on what a fetus is.
Late term abortions are done to save the life of the woman or because of some terrible defect that makes continuing the pregnancy impossible.

Old Today, 08:51 AM

43,312 posts, read 18,428,133 times
Our government has decided that abortion is not illegal and is not murder.

Old Today, 08:55 AM

2,428 posts, read 2,996,960 times
Quote:
That 1% of all abortions is not just "elective-I-don't-want-to-be-pregnant abortions." This 1% is primarily, maybe completely, medical situations near the end of the pregnancy. Tragic medical circumstances do happen, but the anti-choice people don't seem to believe it or if they do, they are willing for both to die. It's cruel to outlaw late term abortions.

Old Today, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Again, we all know, just like we know physicians are not going to abort a healthy full-term fetus, that this less than one percent aborted in situations where either the fetus is nonviable or the mother's life/health is at risk. And it is a choice, a very difficult and painful choice, these parents and their physician must make to weigh the amount of suffering of the child if it lives at all and the health of the mother. These <1% were loved and wanted.

Another example of fretting over something that is not your business, your suffering, your family, your choice and rarely happens.

Old Today, 08:57 AM

22,403 posts, read 29,516,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
If you listen to the whole interview….his point about any abortion is that the government should not be involved in a mother’s decision. He is 100% right about that. That is very different than saying he is for late term abortion. He is not.
Bingo!! It's no one's decision what I do with my uterus!

Old Today, 08:58 AM

19,891 posts, read 9,442,687 times
If RFK Jr. is trying to attract moderates and/or independents, coming out for full-term abortions unless the baby is already stillborn is NOT the way to go, imo. I did read the above comments, however, but as has been shown over and over and over again, MANY people do not read past the headline -- in fact, I think that most people only read the headlines.

Btw, I have never understood why a "viable" and healthy fetus cannot be born alive, even if the so-called mom wants to kill it. Why not deliver it and put the baby up for adoption?

Old Today, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
If RFK Jr. is trying to attract moderates and/or independents, coming out for full-term abortions unless the baby is already stillborn is NOT the way to go, imo.

Btw, I have never understood why a "viable" and healthy fetus cannot be born alive, even if the so-called mom wants to kill it. Why not deliver it and put the baby up for adoption?
You don't understand it because it does not happen. Healthy VIABLE, fetuses are not aborted. The powers that be set viability at generally ~24 weeks for a normal developing fetus although there is still not a very good chance of survival before 27 weeks.
93% are performed during the first trimester <=13 weeks, 6% between 14 and 20 weeks, and 1% at 21 weeks or more (third trimester is 28 weeks to delivery). That 1% includes part of the second trimester before viability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies