Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:35 AM

563 posts, read 343,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Anthony Myers admitted to shouting the N-word and a sexually explicit comment at members of the University of Utah women’s basketball team as they walked by his car back in March.

Prosecutors in Idaho have declined to bring charges against an 18-year-old high school student who confessed to yelling a racial slur at members of the University of Utah women’s basketball team earlier this year.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/idaho-...ont-be-charged

Just a follow up on this story for those who thought it was fake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:47 AM

6,267 posts, read 5,081,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoski View Post

Good.

We've all come across them at one time or another in our lives. Being a disgusting scumbag POS shouldn't be against the law.

Old Today, 07:04 AM

6,841 posts, read 9,391,437 times
I hadn’t heard about this situation, but I guess I’m surprised that there was the possibility that he would be charged with something? The article appears to have a paywall and I couldn’t immediately find an alternate source on Google, but, what would he have possibly been charged with? A “hate crime” because of words?

I don’t condone the use of racial slurs and he should not have done that, but if that’s the only thing that happened, I’m surprised that there were possible charges involved.

Old Today, 07:07 AM

52,729 posts, read 34,643,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I hadn’t heard about this situation, but I guess I’m surprised that there was the possibility that he would be charged with something? The article appears to have a paywall and I couldn’t immediately find an alternate source on Google, but, what would he have possibly been charged with? A “hate crime” because of words?

I don’t condone the use of racial slurs and he should not have done that, but if that’s the only thing that happened, I’m surprised that there were possible charges involved.
remember this one?

Water Buffalo affair, free speech issues revisited

Old Today, 07:07 AM

7,457 posts, read 3,582,223 times
Charged for saying a word?. Slippery slope.

Old Today, 07:09 AM

6,397 posts, read 2,728,255 times
There was apparently no specific intent to harass the group, which would be needed to have him charged with any crime.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...-in-coeur-dal/

Quote:
“To be clear, the statements of the other occupants of the vehicle and of Mr. Myers himself all support that he – as a white male – thought it would be funny to shout his willingness to have anal sex with a Black female despite his expressed hate for Black folks, which he made abundantly clear by deploying the N-word. Setting aside the rank absurdity of that claim and the abjectly disgusting thought process required to believe it would be humorous to say something that abhorrent, it nevertheless undermines that he had the required specific intent to intimidate and harass.”
You can find what people say is disgusting and vile, but that doesn't automatically make it illegal for them to say it.

However, I would not be surprised if the Biden Administration will look for some way to file Federal Charges and ruin this 18-year-old's life for what was just an "off the cuff" comment that some people took offense to.

Old Today, 07:18 AM

4,581 posts, read 3,779,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Good.

We've all come across them at one time or another in our lives. Being a disgusting scumbag POS shouldn't be against the law.
Yeah. Not against the law. What he needs is a good 'ol southern whoopin.'

Old Today, 07:19 AM

24,558 posts, read 17,308,779 times
This is news? The kid sounds like a Punk. I assume that he is White and that is why this is a news story. Why would the players feel forced to change hotels? That is a bit extreme.

People need to toughen up. There was once a time when many white people directed variations of the "N" word at black folk and they just went on about their day. It was wrong and put people down but life went on.

The kid proved he was a jerk, a possible racist and that should have been the end of it. Now if there was a Trans guy on the team and he directed slurs at him then there is little doubt that Biden would be stepping in to throw the book at him.

Old Today, 07:24 AM

6,724 posts, read 3,011,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
This is news? The kid sounds like a Punk. I assume that he is White and that is why this is a news story. Why would the players feel forced to change hotels? That is a bit extreme.
Those women are athletes. They could have dribbled him up and down the parking lot, lol.

And most people would be like, FAFO and that would be the end of it.

Old Today, 07:29 AM

59,291 posts, read 27,456,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoski View Post

When was a black ever charged for calling a white person a "******"?

Look, I could even post it. It starts wih tan H and ends with a "Y"

I thought the left was all for "freedom of speach"!

Sorry, can't have it both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies