Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 03:58 PM

17,346 posts, read 15,524,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
knives can be very dangerous. They are not toys you know. I am all for regulating said pocket knives and banning them federally. There is no need to carry a knife on you anyway. speaking of knives, I think they should also be banned in food service applications, unless someone is highly qualified to operate a knife. many prisons and mental health facilities have already banned knives in the conventional sense and use ones made out of biodegradable cardboard, which helps prevent any unauthorized or dangerous use.
You're joking, right?
Do you cook? Have you never had a proper knife set?

Old 05-07-2024, 04:28 PM

78,624 posts, read 60,809,315 times
The irony here is that criminals, in areas where it is harder to get guns are using knives. Not only that, they are typically younger and more physically capable than older people and women.

So, they've been using knives which must now be regulated.

Hey, how about oh....throwing scumbags in prison? Allowing citizens to defend themselves? *sigh*

Now the US *clearly* has a mental health issue. But we don't address root causes...we blame guns. When you stop and understand why....you see reality.

Old 05-07-2024, 04:50 PM

5,666 posts, read 5,098,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Liberals can even screw up a Swiss Army Knife.
Well, they’ve already screwed up the notion of a man or a woman, what a real family is, the value of a life, what a real marriage consists of, who can join the Boy Scouts, what Victorias Secret models look like, who competes in womens’ sports, the notions of truth and honesty, how immigrants can enter our nation, how to handle a new strain of flu, how to deal with criminals, the value of actual ability in the workplace and academia, and the purpose of university campuses.

Swiss Army knives won’t slow them a bit.

Old 05-07-2024, 04:52 PM

47,020 posts, read 26,088,934 times
Hate to interrupt a good bout of recreational outrage, but the bladeless Victorinox Jetsetter has been available for over a decade.

Old 05-07-2024, 04:55 PM

43,283 posts, read 18,428,133 times
How many murders have occurred where the weapon was a "Swiss army knife" ?

Old 05-07-2024, 04:59 PM

29,607 posts, read 14,742,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
How can it be a Swiss Army Knife without having a blade? A knife by definition has a blade.

When I was in Junior High/High school, all the boys carried pocket knives. Nobody ever got stabbed that I know of - it was just something guys did. Nowadays a kid would be kicked out of school if he was caught with a knife at school. I went to a "county" school one year, and it wasn't unusual to see a pickup truck with a rifle in a rack in the back window. I thought that was a bit too permissive however.
Yep, being gifted a pocket knife by ones dad, or grandfather is a right of passage.

As i got older i got into higher end custom knives, probably have $4k worth. Glad i don't purchase anymore, prices have gone through the roof.

Old 05-07-2024, 05:04 PM

24,729 posts, read 9,533,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Wait, what ? Pocket knives are bad now ?
We’re reaching peak woke.

I guess the left believes its a bayonet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
knives can be very dangerous.
Congrats on not having any kitchen knives in your house. Must be pretty hard to cut that steak or chop those veggies with a spoon or a fork.

Old 05-07-2024, 05:17 PM

27,294 posts, read 13,563,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureSLarry View Post
When did England fall? What a bunch of freaks.
The UK law is not changing in relation to pocket knives, and proposed legislation relates to zombie knives and machetes, and the main UK law is in relation to carrying an offensive weapon in public, and this covers a wide range of items that could be used in an offensive manner.

It's also mainly in cities where this type of law is enforced, and I think you will find that knives and guns are much more freely carried in rural areas, and in relation to rural pastimes from farming, and game keeping through to fishing and hunting, pest/vermin control through to culling and other related activities.

Under UK law, a person can only carry a knife in public if it has a folding blade is a maximum of 3 inches (7.62cm) long and the law has not changed much in this respect, however on your own private land you can please yourself.

For all other knives, it is illegal to carry them in public without a valid reason, which can include needing the knife for work or other essential reason.

Victorinox the Swiss Army knife manufacturer produces about 10 million of the pocket tools each year and there are about 400 different types to choose from, and this includes knives with various tools and options including a bladeless option.

Old 05-07-2024, 05:23 PM

13,072 posts, read 9,598,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They’re still going to make the one with the blade, as I said, quoted from the article linked, this will be in addition to their other models.
I'll betcha still can't get on an airplane with one in your pocket.

I've never had one nor do I want one. They're too bulky to carry around in your pocket. I suppose they might be useful to have in your car's glove compartment.

Old 05-07-2024, 06:22 PM

27,205 posts, read 15,378,459 times
Coming soon! Glock Gen6, the barrel-less Glock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.