Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 12:23 PM

24,006 posts, read 15,100,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What the heck? Was this one last stab by the Lefty school to hit the soon to be graduating Seniors with the idea that it is okay to explore their sexuality and question their gender? I'm sure many of the kids will soon be heading to college where they will get more mind altering training on DEI, the LGBQTIxyz world and of course how to be a good Social Justice Warrior in the near future.

What a mess. The guy said he was not hired but invited. Why? Most Seniors in High School don't need any motivation to get out and mingle on the dance floor unlike the awkwardly shy kids in Middle School that might. Of course why would the school invite a Trans man to perform? Why not a male and female duo to liven up the mood?

This is part of an agenda.
At the risk of ending up like the Sandmann story, we need to know how and why the drag queen was there. All we know is what happened and the negligent administrators were not doing their jobs. Does anybody know how and why yet?

I'm gonna withhold any judgement until we get more info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2024, 12:28 PM

18,472 posts, read 8,298,361 times
trying to be edgy

personally, I think all this crap is insulting to gay people

Old 04-26-2024, 12:32 PM

13,780 posts, read 8,019,999 times
WTF? It's a high school prom. Students aren’t there to watch a drag queen. Teen couples are there to dance and take photos and hopefully not drink (or at least not too much.)

A drag performance at a prom? Strange to say the least.

Old 04-26-2024, 12:33 PM

1,941 posts, read 828,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
Rage bait.

There is no indication that the performer was hired or invited by school officials. This smacks of a student inviting this person to spice up the event. I haven't gone to look for more footage but there doesn't seem to be any vulgar actions. And finally, this is prom. Most of the time you are talking 16-18 year olds, possibly as young as 14 or 15. They have seen much worse, and most of that with their parent's blessing.

Try again.

"I was given full clearance from administration, student body, prom officers and the activities coordinator. Everything was a go," Mythica Sahreen told KOAT

https://www.koat.com/article/drag-qu...versy/60610107

Old 04-26-2024, 12:37 PM

25,776 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
trying to be edgy

And even more insulting to women. Had that dude been dancing around in blackface pretending to be black, he'd likely be in jail right now. But it's okay to dance around and make fun of women.

Old 04-26-2024, 12:39 PM

15,537 posts, read 10,512,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
trying to be edgy

I think it's insulting too, but those gay pride people were endorsing it. Which leads me to think they are all tacky.

Old 04-26-2024, 12:42 PM

7,388 posts, read 3,542,914 times
my teenage daughter asked “what’s wrong with that, most high schoolers already know about that stuff”

i asked her if she thought it would be appropriate for female strippers to be at prom? what about male dancers in speedos? what about a death metal band? She now understands why people think it’s wrong.

Prom is supposed to be about the students, not cults of personalities

Old 04-26-2024, 12:47 PM

24,006 posts, read 15,100,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlynorthofnowhere View Post
Try again.

"I was given full clearance from administration, student body, prom officers and the activities coordinator. Everything was a go," Mythica Sahreen told KOAT

https://www.koat.com/article/drag-qu...versy/60610107
Thanks for the link. Looks like I was totally wrong.

Old 04-26-2024, 01:02 PM

36,551 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
my teenage daughter asked “what’s wrong with that, most high schoolers already know about that stuff”

i asked her if she thought it would be appropriate for female strippers to be at prom? what about male dancers in speedos? what about a death metal band? She now understands why people think it’s wrong.

Prom is supposed to be about the students, not cults of personalities
Exactly.

Some schools also have a prom dress code, especially for the girls, so as to not have anyone wear too risqué a dress. So how do they justify the drag queen's outfit?

Old 04-26-2024, 01:14 PM

3,850 posts, read 1,792,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Good Lord! What is that thing? Regardless of political leanings, who the F would want that at their prom? That is supposed to be a special night people want to remember.
Exactly!

How absurd that school administration allowed this. Glad the parents are getting involved so that this garbage is not repeated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies