Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 06:28 AM

2,217 posts, read 2,172,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I did not think that Biden with all his problems would now have a 6 point lead on Trump. Quite startling turnaround from just a few months ago. Of course it could be said Trump has even more baggage than Biden has. In a contest of bad vs worse. Bad wins. My hunch is Biden could end up opening up a double digit lead on Trump with Trump on trial. I am not in favor of ex presidents being put on trial for things they did while POTUS but I have to admit it will likely be very effective.

Biden Edges Trump in Two-Way Presidential Contest; Opens Up Lead Among Definite Voters

• Among those who definitely plan to vote in November, Biden (53%) is +6 percentage points over Trump (47%).
  • Trump has lost support among independents and those who have an unfavorable opinion of both candidates. Trump (49%) and Biden (49%) now tie among independents. Trump held a 7-percentage point lead over Biden previously (52% for Trump to 45% for Biden). Among those who have an unfavorable opinion of both candidates, Biden (50%) and Trump (48%) are now competitive. Trump previously had a 15-percentage point advantage over Biden (54% for Trump to 39% for Biden) among these voters.
Trump is likely the only of the republican's running that will lose to Biden, so the democrats are thankful that he got the nomination. More people hate Trump than like him, so it gives Biden, who could not beat any of the other candidates, a strong chance to win. IMO nominating Trump was a poor decision.

This ex president is not being put on trial for things he did while POTUS but for things he did while running for POTUS. Again, it was a gift to Biden to run Trump. I do not understand why they made this call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2024, 06:42 AM

78,659 posts, read 60,852,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I did not think that Biden with all his problems would now have a 6 point lead on Trump. Quite startling turnaround from just a few months ago. Of course it could be said Trump has even more baggage than Biden has. In a contest of bad vs worse. Bad wins. My hunch is Biden could end up opening up a double digit lead on Trump with Trump on trial. I am not in favor of ex presidents being put on trial for things they did while POTUS but I have to admit it will likely be very effective.

Biden Edges Trump in Two-Way Presidential Contest; Opens Up Lead Among Definite Voters

• Among those who definitely plan to vote in November, Biden (53%) is +6 percentage points over Trump (47%).
  • Trump has lost support among independents and those who have an unfavorable opinion of both candidates. Trump (49%) and Biden (49%) now tie among independents. Trump held a 7-percentage point lead over Biden previously (52% for Trump to 45% for Biden). Among those who have an unfavorable opinion of both candidates, Biden (50%) and Trump (48%) are now competitive. Trump previously had a 15-percentage point advantage over Biden (54% for Trump to 39% for Biden) among these voters.
Meanwhile, in the real world of electoral votes...Trump has a slight edge.

https://www.270towin.com/

I know you are trying hard to beat the Biden drum but winning the popular vote is not the goal.

P.S. I don't want either one.

Old 04-24-2024, 07:44 AM

6,751 posts, read 6,763,096 times
Most swing state polls show Trump winning most if not all of them.

I think Trump is a disgusting lowlife, but I'll sadly have to vote for him when the alternative is feckless Joe, the weakest President of our lifetimes. China, Russia, Iran etc would love another four years of Biden.

Old 04-24-2024, 08:06 AM

39,110 posts, read 51,351,497 times
Republicans were warned but made a big mistake renominating a very flawed candidate. Now the polls are beginning to show that. The polls will only get worse for Trump from here.

Old 04-24-2024, 10:00 AM

13,635 posts, read 4,350,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
Trump is likely the only of the republican's running that will lose to Biden, so the democrats are thankful that he got the nomination. More people hate Trump than like him, so it gives Biden, who could not beat any of the other candidates, a strong chance to win. IMO nominating Trump was a poor decision.

This ex president is not being put on trial for things he did while POTUS but for things he did while running for POTUS. Again, it was a gift to Biden to run Trump. I do not understand why they made this call.

Well, these republicans didn't show up for the slaughter. Funny, you say these Republicans will beat Joe but gets slaughtered by Trump. Is that how it works? Lose 49 states in a national primary but win the general. The dumbest TDS I heard and there is a lot out there.

I love how these anti-trumps wait for 1 poll to come out with their bias opinions. If Trump is so hated, why is he winning in 30 states while a sitting President is @39%? It seems to me that Joe is more dislike that he will lose 28 to 30 states but We just have to wait in November.

Trump is on trial for political reasons. If he never beat Hillary Clinton in 2016 and isn't a huge threat to unseat Joe Biden in 2024, We wouldn't be here. At least be honest about that so We can have at least a close honest topic. Of all the acts of Presidents since LBJ to the present hack in the W.H., I find it really hard to believe that Trump is the only one they filed charges. It's embarrassing and the whole world is laughing at our bull.

A sitting President is trying to bankrupt and put in jail his main political rival during an election year to keep power. Real Banana Republic stuff. From the Mao and General Pinochet (which Nixon and Kissinger put in power) playbook. Thanks for the selected outrage and laugh.

Old 04-24-2024, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Republicans were warned but made a big mistake renominating a very flawed candidate. Now the polls are beginning to show that. The polls will only get worse for Trump from here.

1 national poll that means NOTHING. Now do the state polls and comeback. Democrats were warned it was huge mistake keeping those 2 rocks of Joe and Kamala on the same ticket but arrogance and TDS does that.

Joe won 25 states in 2020 and 4 of those states by less than 1%. He will be lucky to win 20 states and I can't wait for the blame game. Do Democrats have any idea how unpopular Joe and Kamala are outside of D.C. and a few deep blue states.Clueless.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 04-24-2024 at 11:37 AM..

Old 04-24-2024, 10:21 AM

267 posts, read 143,977 times
The outcome of a poll is a function of who funded it.

Old 04-24-2024, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayHammer View Post
The outcome of a poll is a function of who funded it.

Yeap. It's a money fund raising and give hope to his party doors . It's funny how they only quote 1 national poll that is meaningless and ignore 7 state polls that decides the election.

What they keep ignoring is Joe is stuck at 39%. That is Jimmy Carter's numbers. No President has been re-elected with those numbers in history. Kamala Harris is less popular and she gives NO confidence to the nation that she will be a competent President when Joe can't go. All she does is laugh and sounds really dumb and clueless.

They say Trump is hated by then "majority" of Americans but I never seen a hated guy win 30 states for President in 2016, win 25 states in a weird and crazy year in 2020 with a bunch of irregularities and about to win between 29 to 30 states in 2024. If he is really hated what do you call the other side.

Old 04-24-2024, 11:43 AM

13,934 posts, read 8,110,868 times
And speaking of polls...

Quote:
NBC News Poll: Trump More ‘Competent’ than Biden, Lifts 21 Points Since 2020

The poll upends Biden’s 2020 campaign pitch when he promised voters he would be more “competent” and “effective” than Trump was during his presidency.

That claim appears to be false, according to NBC News polling:

47 percent of voters say Trump is “competent” and “effective”

Only 36 percent of voters say Biden is “competent” and “effective”
https://www.breitbart.com/2024-elect...ts-since-2020/

And...
Quote:
Biden’s Gains Against Trump Vanish on Deep Economic Pessimism, Poll Shows

The April Bloomberg News/Morning Consult poll found Biden is ahead in just one of the seven states most likely to determine the outcome of his matchup with Donald Trump, leading Michigan by 2 percentage points. Biden trails the presumptive GOP nominee slightly in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, and his deficit in Georgia, Arizona, Nevada and North Carolina is larger.

Those results are largely a return to the previous state of the presidential race, before a strong State of the Union address appeared to power Biden in March to his best showing in the monthly poll since it began in October.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ws/ar-AA1nz7II

Old 04-24-2024, 11:45 AM

10,106 posts, read 14,517,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
1 national poll that means NOTHING. Now do the state polls and comeback. Democrats were warned it was huge mistake keeping those 2 rocks of Joe and Kamala on the same ticket but arrogance and TDS does that.

Joe won 25 states in 2020 and 4 of those states by less than 1%. He will be lucky to win 20 states and I can't wait for the blame game. Do Democrats have any idea how unpopular Joe and Kamala are outside of D.C. and a few deep blue states.Clueless.
But you have to admit that Trump has the cards stacked against him now--with his criminal trial well underway.

The optics of him being on trial is a terrible look, in a year and season where he should be campaigning heavily.

This is just unprecedented, and in my opinion, Trump's support will grow weaker and weaker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies