Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 10:23 AM

40,990 posts, read 49,352,281 times

Advertisements

Hammas does not have the wanted hostages to be released and achieve peace.

They have killed the hostages. They are dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2024, 10:27 AM

6,382 posts, read 2,942,469 times
Hamas is reviewing an Israeli proposal for a cease-fire in Gaza, as a planned Rafah offensive looms

https://apnews.com/article/israel-ha...7dddf2865c1d2f

Israel is making an offer.

Old 04-29-2024, 02:03 PM

9,066 posts, read 4,762,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

They may or may not be, but that is an appropriate mindset for moving forward.

Opposing that, the clowns in various anti Israel factions, that think they should tell Israel how to conduct a war, are currently asking Israel to stop operations for six weeks to give Hamas time to regroup and rearm.

(I am sure we would have approved allied forces stop operations in Europe in early 1945.)

I think they should tell Hamas: "you want a pause in our operations? We will give you four hours for every hostage released in good health, or two hours if they are in poor health. No released hostage: no pause."

And I don't think Israel should even consider releasing any of their prisoners.

Old 04-29-2024, 02:23 PM

43,855 posts, read 44,621,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Hamas has some of the hostages. The question is how many are still alive.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...as-2024-04-27/

Old 04-30-2024, 06:26 AM

5,088 posts, read 3,985,853 times
Without the hostages Israel would have lost interest after a month or so, called off the reprisals and killing of Hamas in Gaza, and there would be a new Israeli Prime Minister.

Nobody has ever claimed Hamas is a particularly bright terrorist organization.

Old 04-30-2024, 04:30 PM

15,669 posts, read 10,445,215 times
israel will survive.

alone or with support, jews will never submit again.

never again.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 04-30-2024 at 04:38 PM..

Old 04-30-2024, 07:08 PM

5,088 posts, read 3,985,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Israel's response has been appropriate, even restrained. The number of human shields and other collateral damage casualties is greatly exaggerated (in simple terms, they are lying) for political purposes.
Yes, as we've seen by their hospital hoax, Hamas routinely lies. That case was particularly enlightening in that they caused the casualties by incompetently rocketing the building...then they inflated the number of casualties they caused...and then they blamed Israel.

(As I type this I realize there are some progressives who continue to insist the hospital hoax did not happen. And are actually puzzled as to why rational folks don't believe Hamas.)

Old 05-01-2024, 11:03 AM

38,289 posts, read 22,312,017 times
The Biden admin thinks we are stoooopid. We are building a pier off Gaza, supposedly to provide "humanitarian aid." But we know it's just a bachhead so Biden can justify attacking Hamas.

Austin and Gaetz spar over ‘boots on the ground’ regarding Gaza pier

Austin said “it’s possible” that U.S. forces on the pier could come under enemy fire from Gaza during his testimony in front of the House Armed Services Committee on Tuesday.

“Don’t you think that counts as boots on the ground?” Gaetz asked the secretary. “President Biden told the country we weren’t going to have boots on the ground in Gaza. … You guys seem to be saying boots on a pier connected to the ground connected to service members shooting into Gaza doesn’t count as boots on the ground.”

“It does not,” Austin responded.

I say, wouldn't it be simpler to just have armed US troops strap buckets to their feet. This way they can walk around on the ground in Gaza, and Biden can still claim "there are no boots on the ground" in Gaza. All Biden needs to do is coordinate with some IDF spy, where he fires at US troops, and this will justify the US "defending" itself and shooting up Gaza.

Old 05-01-2024, 12:27 PM

9,066 posts, read 4,762,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The Biden admin thinks we are stoooopid. We are building a pier off Gaza, supposedly to provide "humanitarian aid." But we know it's just a bachhead so Biden can justify attacking Hamas.
I see it differently, and wonder why Biden is building a pier to supply aid to Hamas.

(But, I am not really wondering why since the Biden Administration has been funding Hamas since he got into office.)

Old 05-01-2024, 08:21 PM

29,594 posts, read 19,717,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I see it differently, and wonder why Biden is building a pier to supply aid to Hamas.

(But, I am not really wondering why since the Biden Administration has been funding Hamas since he got into office.)
Imo its not only to funnel supplies into Gaza could it be also to evacuate Palestinians and bring them here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies