Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography > Photography Contests
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 07:25 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,211,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Voting poll is now open.
Could it be a sticky? Since it's not getting any posts, it'll get bumped to the 2nd page.

4 more days of voting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 08:37 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Be true to self (my Object of My Affection rose photo) or vote for (forgot the titles) 1-A Shot of Cold Duck or 2-One Lounge Lizard a-Loggin'?

Old 12-24-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Be true to self (my Object of My Affection rose photo) or vote for (forgot the titles) 1-A Shot of Cold Duck or 2-One Lounge Lizard a-Loggin'?

That's the fun of the "....in your home state" contests.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:40 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post

Yeah, my problem as well usually. Hate to admit it, but there are a LOT more people with a LOT more talent than I can muster on any given day. Hard to place a vote for one of my own when there are better photos that capture the idea and intent better than the ones I enter.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:20 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Yeah, my problem as well usually. Hate to admit it, but there are a LOT more people with a LOT more talent than I can muster on any given day. Hard to place a vote for one of my own when there are better photos that capture the idea and intent better than the ones I enter.
That's true. But I'd have been drawn to my photo even if I hadn't taken it. There's just something about seeing snow on beautiful flowers. Something unexpected and kind of...well...sad. LOL Ok, that's a little melodramatic. Sanspeur has a pic of some pretty flowers with snow on them. I know. I'm weird. I guess I'll go for the lounging lizard.

ETA: Taking a 3rd look at all, that was hard. There are a lot of good ones, for instance;

Red Hawk's December Morning Walk

meson's winter wonderland

Sanspeur's Trail at goldstream

fedupWNY's Snow White

warptedman's fresh frosted trees

Nephler's Looking across Palmer Hay flats (my backyard growing up)

Warptman's December 14th sunrise in Bethel Alaska

RayinAK's untitled one of frosted trees on a snow trail

Nephler's Mat Valley

Those are my favs

Last edited by Whyte Byrd; 12-24-2008 at 02:57 PM..

Old 12-24-2008, 03:16 PM

363 posts, read 583,106 times
With so many entries in this contest, it would've been nice to have more than one vote. But alas, only one per person.

Thank you to the person voted for my sunrise.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:30 PM

1,309 posts, read 2,814,129 times
I think everyone deserves credit for getting out and taking the time to share with us all.so they are all winners.
I will vote for my own,as will my sister vote for mine since she is a member and fellow voter.any votes besides the two that i know, are a huge complement to me and greatly appretiated. .I have in the past contests ,been known to cast my vote for one other than my own,im sure lots of us have. Vote for what catches your eye and your imagination.I almost voted for another that i really liked. but for me,december in my state IS to cold for rocking, so i patted myself on the back,LOL
Merry Christmas All,Gran(Dian)

Old 12-24-2008, 04:13 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
I like all your pics grannymontanny, always have and always will. Of course, we are here for fun and to motivate us to get and take pictures.
I love seeing all the different parts of our world and I love seeing the photographer's personality come through in their subject and titles.

Of course, some people like Redhawk and Sanspeur will always be my favorite, but sometimes a picture just speaks to me, much like a work of art might.

IMHO nothing is further from the truth than to say what poor judgement others may have because they voted for a certain picture. Enough said on that subject.

Old 12-24-2008, 06:03 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannymontanny View Post
I think everyone deserves credit for getting out and taking the time to share with us all.so they are all winners.
I will vote for my own,as will my sister vote for mine since she is a member and fellow voter.any votes besides the two that i know, are a huge complement to me and greatly appretiated. .I have in the past contests ,been known to cast my vote for one other than my own,im sure lots of us have. Vote for what catches your eye and your imagination.I almost voted for another that i really liked. but for me,december in my state IS to cold for rocking, so i patted myself on the back,LOL
Merry Christmas All,Gran(Dian)

This is totally wrong outlook. It's cheating. It's unfair to others.
It means no one else stands a chance if your sister is a member
of City-Data that you automatically gain two votes.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:43 PM

I hope I'm not too forward as to post my own thoughts on this all (combined with the comments made in the "Home state" picture thread).

First, it's Christmas Eve. Second, anyone who enters a picture is one worth viewing and third, these themes and contests are created for the fun of photography, the enjoyment of taking pictures and sharing.

2G's has spent so much time running the themes, setting up the polls. We should all be more appreciative for the honor of the "In your home state" themes.

No matter who gets how many votes, congrats to everyone who entered the contest.

Merry Christmas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography > Photography Contests