Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2024, 08:52 PM

17 posts, read 11,139 times

Advertisements

We are zeroing in on a community to retire to and CantaMia in Goodyear seems to fit our needs.
I have not seen recent threads regarding this community and would enjoy hearing both pluses and minuses regarding your experience there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2024, 08:59 PM

19 posts, read 16,292 times
I've spent some time in CantaMia in Goodyear, and it's got a nice community feel with great amenities. However, like any place, there are pros and cons. Some residents love the active lifestyle and sense of community, while others find it a bit too quiet or isolated.

Old 04-24-2024, 09:09 PM

None of what you mention is a negative to us. A mix of community, quiet and isolated is a good blend.
The price range of this community fits our budget and touring the models make for a nice transition from a 60s split level to a single story.
I am not familiar with HOAs but considering what neighbors get away with in our current neighborhood, I may appreciate them.

Old 04-25-2024, 01:11 PM

1,965 posts, read 2,314,469 times
It is out in the middle of almost nowhere but the development is going the way It is a beautiful place ! The sunsets and Sunrise can be gorgeous. If you buy a Taylor Morrison home brand new watch out for all the warranty issues that will come up , It will not be easy and it will take some effort to get them to fix it if all . They have been building so many homes all over and there can be a lot of issues with shoddy or hurried construction, The HOA fees will not be cheap , you will have to pay two of them, I think its under around 300 for both , It is not yet a truly gated community. There is a shopping, grocery, restaurant, clinic ,dentist area 4 miles up the road ( Estrella Parkway ). Tres Rios Golf Course is about 7 -8 miles away . Walmart is not near at all, maybe 12 miles away . Some years there can be a problem with flies , its not every year but sometimes after it has rained a lot during a certain time of year there are flies everywhere , not sure why , there are a lot of farms in the area. Sometimes there is a smell from the City of Goodyear water treatment plant or the Rainbow valley transfer station when the breeze carries it right to you. Winters are fantastic , being outdoors NOV - April is great !

Old 04-27-2024, 09:14 AM

945 posts, read 2,525,624 times
I like Canta Mia, and have looked at it for both myself and my parents over the years. My concerns would be the freeway that I believe will be extended that way, and at one point I believe there was a rumor that when it is built-out and the builder is no longer involved, the ponds might be eliminated. I do prefer Pebble Creek.

Old 04-28-2024, 08:17 AM

39,109 posts, read 51,340,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by military spouse View Post
I like Canta Mia, and have looked at it for both myself and my parents over the years. My concerns would be the freeway that I believe will be extended that way, and at one point I believe there was a rumor that when it is built-out and the builder is no longer involved, the ponds might be eliminated. I do prefer Pebble Creek.
There is no freeway near Canta Mia. The proposed route of the 303 south of MC85 is over in Rainbow Valley now. It is so far in the future that anyone moving to Canta Mia now will be in the ground before the freeway is.

Construction of the 303 from Van Buren to MC85 is supposed to start next year. When it is completed it will greatly reduce the absolute mess it has become to get to the interchange at I-10 and thus slightly improve the lives of everyone living in Estrella.

As for living in Canta Mia, I canta imagine how depressing it must be to fight all the traffic that now goes into Estrella, the unsynchronized red lights every quarter mile with more going up every month, then finally getting to the lake and realizing you still have five more miles to go. Ugh!

Old 05-01-2024, 09:43 AM

1,965 posts, read 2,314,469 times
yep there are a lot of stop lights for the intersections

Old Today, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by military spouse View Post
I haven't heard of possible pond elimination. Build out would be many years away perhaps? I don't know what the percentage of homes have been built already,

Old Today, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberry View Post
It is out in the middle of almost nowhere but the development is going the way It is a beautiful place ! The sunsets and Sunrise can be gorgeous. If you buy a Taylor Morrison home brand new watch out for all the warranty issues that will come up , It will not be easy and it will take some effort to get them to fix it if all . They have been building so many homes all over and there can be a lot of issues with shoddy or hurried construction, The HOA fees will not be cheap , you will have to pay two of them, I think its under around 300 for both , It is not yet a truly gated community. There is a shopping, grocery, restaurant, clinic ,dentist area 4 miles up the road ( Estrella Parkway ). Tres Rios Golf Course is about 7 -8 miles away . Walmart is not near at all, maybe 12 miles away . Some years there can be a problem with flies , its not every year but sometimes after it has rained a lot during a certain time of year there are flies everywhere , not sure why , there are a lot of farms in the area. Sometimes there is a smell from the City of Goodyear water treatment plant or the Rainbow valley transfer station when the breeze carries it right to you. Winters are fantastic , being outdoors NOV - April is great !
Thank you for your thoughts. We are still 3-4 years out from retirement and have had the opportunity to become familiar with what 55+ communities are available in the greater Phoenix area. We know what we ideally want and are continuing to see what communities fit both our needs/wants and also fit into the budget.

You mention warranty issues. Is this seemingly challenging process typical for most 55+ builders? I see that there have been numerous builders over time in this development... perhaps this is not unusual.

Living in a home built in 1962, I am familiar with all the to-dos and attention needed for an older home and no longer want projects. We have talked of perhaps a new build, a preowned home of less than ten years old, and the opportunity to purchase one furnished so we can slowly replace the furnishing.

We come down in September again for a vacation and to perhaps look at communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area