Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 07:30 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,485,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4Trees View Post
Please have respect for me and let me go.
She may be able to communicate in other ways, by movement or noises, that she wants to live. We must respect how precious life is. Perhaps her will and desire to live is strong...it is every doctor's duty to help in any way possible. I pray that she will live with peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 10:02 PM

947 posts, read 3,412,948 times
Oh, I know SeeBee, but I was thinking that,... if it was me, ...
but that itself is hard cuz i do not know (we don't know) the exact state she is in.
I hope that she will survive this too.

I'd have to be in the situation to know exactly what I would, so guess I "jumped the gun" when I said, that if it was me I would rather not be around.

Yes, we need to respect her life and her privacy.
Sorry if I came off with disrepect, I meant no disrespect to her and family.

This is horrible in every way.
Only "good" that could and Must come from this is awareness and laws....

Old 02-21-2009, 04:15 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,471,214 times
If anyone is interested, here's a great article about St. James and his chimp Moe. In case you don't recall, St. James was brutally attacked by two male chimps who got out of their cage when he and his wife were visiting Moe at a Sanctuary four years ago. This is the whole story, but I warn you, it's very, very sad.

Worst Chimpanzee Attack Story Every - Moe the Chimp Owner Attacked - Esquire

Old 02-21-2009, 06:06 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,485,987 times
Quote:
This is horrible in every way.
Only "good" that could and Must come from this is awareness and laws....
Amen to that!

No, enough sadness for me with this story, Woofers. I could never be a research scientist.

BTW, some friends have llamas. Even though both the males are neutered they still feign the behaviour of trying to bite each other's testes when they are agitated or exhibiting dominance. So, no surprise with your earlier post.

Has anyone read Professor Goodall's "Reason For Hope"? She's been warning people for decades about the disastrous results of removing wildlife from its native environs and their abuse in entertainment, captivity and medical research.

Even good people who try to help are caught up in the whole mess and pay the price.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:25 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,029,199 times
Quote:
but that itself is hard cuz i do not know (we don't know) the exact state she is in.
I hope that she will survive this too.

I'd have to be in the situation to know exactly what I would, so guess I "jumped the gun" when I said, that if it was me I would rather not be around.

Yes, we need to respect her life and her privacy.
Sorry if I came off with disrepect, I meant no disrespect to her and family.
Luckily, I haven't seen anyone anywhere disrespecting her privacy.

Like I said, if I lost my eyes, face, and hands, please, let me go. There are worse things than death, imo.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:38 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,457,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
If anyone is interested, here's a great article about St. James and his chimp Moe. In case you don't recall, St. James was brutally attacked by two male chimps who got out of their cage when he and his wife were visiting Moe at a Sanctuary four years ago. This is the whole story, but I warn you, it's very, very sad.

Worst Chimpanzee Attack Story Every - Moe the Chimp Owner Attacked - Esquire
OMG. That's just an incredibly heartbreaking story.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:51 PM

Here's another news article on the chimp owner. She's upset about how the news is portraying her relationship with the chimp. I think she truly did love Travis with all her heart. She lost her husband and her daughter died in a car accident a few years ago. Now she's lost her best friend and the chimp she loved like a son. "I'm hollow now," she says. I would not be surprised if she killed herself. How do you go on after so much loss?

Stamford Chimp's Owner Angry Over Media Reports -- Courant.com

Old 02-26-2009, 11:18 AM

Here's a really interesting story in the NY Times about monkey's as pets.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/26/ga...ewanted=1&8dpc

Old 02-27-2009, 01:00 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,822,855 times
Quote:
Everyone thinks "I would rather die than live without _______" but once people are faced with that choice, they choose to live.

The urge to continue to draw breath is a powerful one.

You might be surprised if you ever find yourself in that position.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:10 PM

947 posts, read 3,412,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Everyone thinks "I would rather die than live without _______" but once people are faced with that choice, they choose to live.

The urge to continue to draw breath is a powerful one.

You might be surprised if you ever find yourself in that position.
Agreed. It makes scene now.
I would really need to be in the situation myself to know exactly. what I would do, how I would feel, etc. I bet, (thinking of it more now) that I would have a will to live and then have a different outlook on life.
I know that people not only adjust to change but Grow from it too!
(I know this now, thinking about it more!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets