Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2024, 01:58 PM

1,124 posts, read 1,715,421 times

Advertisements

Death in the family has left us with a hoard of very old family pictures from the Hugh Harris family of Louisville. Some people identified in the photos are Lettie Harris, Florence (aka Mrs. Alvin Terry), Chester Harris, Uncle Sidney and Bessie Harris.
I'd like to return them to the rightful owners if they can be found; there is some family history gold in these photos if you know the people involved.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2024, 07:08 AM

I stumbled upon an obituary for Mr. Harris after the first post- he died in Shepherdsville KY in 2014 and was survived by a daughter, Suzette Johnson (Russ is husband). She has 3 children- Addison, Cameron and Lillian. I've searched every way I know, but can't find the "right" Johnson family. Any help appreciated.

Old 02-07-2024, 09:51 AM

14,454 posts, read 20,630,704 times
One of the names you have Chester Harris is deceased as is his wife. But I can give you a possible address for their daughter Maragaret. I'm am very sure she would greatly appreciate and cherish the photos of her father and she can also likely put you in touch with relatives of the others you have.

Old 02-07-2024, 12:08 PM

Thank you to all that have tried to help!

I have been able to have indirect contact with Hugh's daughter and hope to hear from her soon. We look forward to meeting her and returning these heirlooms to the family.

Old 02-24-2024, 07:27 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post
Thank you to all that have tried to help!

I have been able to have indirect contact with Hugh's daughter and hope to hear from her soon. We look forward to meeting her and returning these heirlooms to the family.
Come back, please, and let everyone know how it works out. Thx.

Old 02-24-2024, 08:42 PM

445 posts, read 281,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Come back, please, and let everyone know how it works out. Thx.
I wouldn't count on it. People rarely come back to give feedback in this group. It makes me hesitant to even give help in the first place.

Old 02-26-2024, 02:46 PM

To date we have not heard from the family, but we are still hopeful.

Old 02-27-2024, 09:22 AM

14,454 posts, read 20,630,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post
I stumbled upon an obituary for Mr. Harris after the first post- he died in Shepherdsville KY in 2014. Any help appreciated.
Many clues are found by stumbling onto something.
I found the obituary for Hugh's father Chester and possible contact information for daughter Margaret.
----------
The Op has the name and address for Mr. Harris' sister and hopefully a letter or phone call helps conclude this nice story of someone wanting to return family photos to descendents.
As Mr Bill has said before it's people helping people and nothing more and nothing less.

Last edited by howard555; 02-27-2024 at 10:04 AM..

Old 03-13-2024, 05:52 PM

Attempts to reach the family through e-mail, direct mail and even a third part have given zero response from the family. Sometimes folks just don't put the same importance to family history as many of us do...nothing we can do about that.
Howard, I appreciate your suggestion of trying to locate the sister, but I haven't been able to verify that the info is valid.
I have reached out to family search, the "cousin" to ancestry for assistance in how to disperse the gathered items, and hope that they will point me to a geneaology library that will take them; family Bibles can be very important in genealogy research.
We will continue to try and find a depository for the photos and family Bibles...but the common "search/finder/" websites have not been productive as far as finding interested parties.
Maybe that's a lesson....not everyone wants to hold those memories/stories/ histories of their family and its not the place of those of us that find that important to make judgement or push that information . So I will respect the apparent wish of the family and not pursue this further.
I appreciate the comments and responses from you. I wish that I could have a better outcome to share
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search