Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2022, 04:26 AM
Status: "Hey Guys: "Remember they started it"" (set 2 days ago)

939 posts, read 1,231,023 times

Advertisements

Have you gotten that annoying phone call? They want to offer you a product or service. Oh and I almost forgot you are on a recorded line. Your told how this service is what you need and they are willing to allow you to try it free. They do however need your credit card number you resist but you interpret a no risk guarantee. You may not totally understand or have a true reality of consent. My experience follows. I am not a lawyer. I have no professional legal background. I am saying this could happen. In PA a verbalized contract exists and need not be in writing if under $500. Ironically I was billed $499. Do you see where I'm travelling with this. I agreed to the free trial period. I do not remember agreeing to terms beyond that. I neither inspected nor used any service offered me. In essence I did not ratify the contract by receipt of services or did I. Well the charge was declined. I await my possible day in court. I type this so that you beware. The recording part is obviously not for your protection but an attempt to rope you into a verbal possibly enforceable contract and since you didnt call them likely you never really needed or wanted. This brand sales approach seems to be a "hook and grab" type method of making monies. Beware. Free does not always mean free. Best advice consult your family lawyer. More info look up the Pennsylvania Statute of Frauds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2022, 10:19 AM

32,963 posts, read 36,439,551 times
No. I didn't answer the phone.

Old 09-05-2022, 11:44 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,426,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
No. I didn't answer the phone.
Neither do I. If the phone number is not in my contacts, I don't answer. If it's important, they'll leave a voice mail.

Old 09-05-2022, 02:24 PM
Status: "Hey Guys: "Remember they started it"" (set 2 days ago)

939 posts, read 1,231,023 times
Default Freedom From Fear

The phone is an important instrument in todays business and means of social communication. Our constitution offers us "Freedom From Fear" including from our neighbors abusiveness.. When we answer our phone are we asking too much that we know the person contacting us will be displaying an accurate number from where they are calling. I believe not. If in fact it is a hangup you should be able to determine who it is so that if its intentional and all too frequent we have recourse. I believe: Phone number displayed shall be a number they may be be contacted by a return call; if the call is returned then that person being called back shall be entitled to name address and original purpose of their call. Further if you are on the do not call list that that caller provide you with written correspondence that you have been removed from their calling lists and you will not be contacted again. This is carrying it too far as reparation but the callers not properly identified has brought it upon themselves. Just a bit more if any caller completes a call intentionally displaying a fake or incorrect number shall be guilty of "intent to defraud". Extreme actions for a extreme problem. I have a business and should not be intimidated and possibly pass up an important call by a falsely displayed contact number - " Potential Spam" . I am entitled to "Freedom from Fear".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
View detailed profiles of: