Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Ottawa-Gatineau
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2020, 01:32 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,381,212 times

Advertisements

First Nations want reconciliation but the way they are presently shutting down Canada doesn"t really make us non native Canadians want to be friends with them. Non-native support is being eroded rapidly. FN needs non-native support to get FN a better deal. But their actions are angering me amd regular Canadians who have given out support for FN reconciliation. Now FN protest about a Gas Pipeline, an Oil Pipeline, and then whatever they can drum up any other day.

If any other group did what the FN are doing (illegally) they would have been dragged off the railways, the streets. Yes that means that non-natives would have been arrested if they did the same.

I think the PMs lack of action could come down to the UN once declaring Canada inhumane to FN, any legal action against them (FN) would hamper Canada from getting a seat on the UN Security Council. The PM has been all over the world drumming up support to gain that seat.Now if he arrests FN his chances are reduced.

This is all about sticking it to whitey. What right do a few protesters have to cause such destruction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2020, 02:13 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,396,033 times
That wouldn't look good. We have an image to uphold. It doesn't matter what you or the average Canadian thinks.

Old 02-19-2020, 03:35 PM

239 posts, read 158,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
What right do a few protesters have to cause such destruction.
People usually protest when they are not being listened to.

Old 02-19-2020, 08:11 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,016,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
First Nations want reconciliation but the way they are presently shutting down Canada doesn"t really make us non native Canadians want to be friends with them. Non-native support is being eroded rapidly. FN needs non-native support to get FN a better deal. But their actions are angering me amd regular Canadians who have given out support for FN reconciliation. Now FN protest about a Gas Pipeline, an Oil Pipeline, and then whatever they can drum up any other day.

If any other group did what the FN are doing (illegally) they would have been dragged off the railways, the streets. Yes that means that non-natives would have been arrested if they did the same.

I think the PMs lack of action could come down to the UN once declaring Canada inhumane to FN, any legal action against them (FN) would hamper Canada from getting a seat on the UN Security Council. The PM has been all over the world drumming up support to gain that seat.Now if he arrests FN his chances are reduced.

This is all about sticking it to whitey. What right do a few protesters have to cause such destruction.

According to what I've been reading online and seeing on the news on TV there are just as many if not a lot more people who are non-First Nations who are protesting along with the First Nations people and the First Nations protesters are happy to have them there.

So if that's true I don't think it's about sticking it to whitey and I haven't heard about any of these non-First Nations protesters being dragged off the railways and streets but not the First Nations people.

I wasn't aware that there had been any destruction by a few protesters. What did I miss? Where did it happen? Did anybody get hurt and what was the extent of the destruction to whatever got destroyed?

Like Roger said above, people usually protest when they are not being listened to. Everybody in Canada has a right to protest, no matter how few or how many protesters there are or what their ethnicity is.

Old 02-20-2020, 05:07 AM

2,390 posts, read 1,560,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
According to what I've been reading online and seeing on the news on TV there are just as many if not a lot more people who are non-First Nations who are protesting along with the First Nations people and the First Nations protesters are happy to have them there.

So if that's true I don't think it's about sticking it to whitey and I haven't heard about any of these non-First Nations protesters being dragged off the railways and streets but not the First Nations people.

I wasn't aware that there had been any destruction by a few protesters. What did I miss? Where did it happen? Did anybody get hurt and what was the extent of the destruction to whatever got destroyed?

Like Roger said above, people usually protest when they are not being listened to. Everybody in Canada has a right to protest, no matter how few or how many protesters there are or what their ethnicity is.
I think there are more and more non aboriginal protestors who are speaking out in solidarity with the FN
mostly younger, well educated individuals who have benefitted from a progressive, liberal education that has opened their eyes to the history of Canada's mis-management of the First nations and indigenous affairs. The education their parents might have received in the 70s and 80s would not have been so "enlightened"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Ottawa-Gatineau