Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2023, 08:01 PM

3,429 posts, read 2,398,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
We toured OTOW a couple of weeks ago.

Really liked the houses. But the community doesn't seem to have any "pop" that caught our eye.

We're looking for activities and social interactions. Not sure where everyone was hiding, but it was dead in there.

I think I like the idea of more golf on the executive courses at TV versus the three courses at OTOW.

Was also a little disappointed that the salesperson made a statement to both my wife and I about home pricing which turned out to be quite untrue.

I think we're back to looking at TV a little more. Hate the higher monthly costs associated with living there. But we seem to really blend in when we visit there.
Not sure what higher monthly costs you mean.

There is no HOA, and the amenity fee I think just went up to $209/month starting in January. Typical monthly costs, amenity fee, utilities, taxes, sewer, taxes, bond, basically between $900/month and $1400/month.

That doesn't include mortgage, landscaping, food, anything that's a personal expense. The monthly cost can go down if you buy pre-owned in an area with no bond, or a home that has the bond already paid off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2023, 11:18 PM

16 posts, read 30,648 times
Lived in OTOW for just under two years. Two sinkholes occurred while I was there - one in an open area and one in the backyard of a home. So yes. They happen. Comments? OTOW is run by the owner (handed down by the father). With that, homeowners have no say about things - even if it makes sense. Where else shall I go? Okay... Be weary of the realtors as they, in my opinion, aren't looking out for your best interest. Example: OTOW is touted has having multiple pools. Yes. But they probably won't make mention that you do not have access to all of them. That's only the case if you buy a home in Candler Hills. Just things like that. You do know that HOA fees are creeping up higher and higher. Over $400 / month at the time of this post. Now the rate is much lower in Candler. And that's because you don't get "free" lawn care. And man is lawn care **** poor. The community gets what it pays for and surely they took the lowest bid. Any good qualities to OTOW. Certainly.

Do know that OTOW is basically South NY / NJ. Everyone and their sister moves here (and to The Villages etc.) on a constant basis. But it's not where the droves pour in from. Rather, it is what havoc it creates the local wildlife. These animals have nowhere else to go as more and MORE communities are being built. And boy are the greedy developers slashing down trees.

Side note: If you must come to the area, do this. Count now many billboards are on the SR-200 near OTOW. I counted 14 within a roughly 5 miles stretch. Plain hideous!

Old 01-29-2024, 03:01 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,120,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Is it too much work to google it?

It's a place in Ocala, which is in Central Florida, and the OP is concerned about sink holes. Does it really matter what OTOW stands for, when the question is about sink holes in Central Florida?

https://www.google.com/search?q=otow...hrome&ie=UTF-8

There ya go. I googled it for ya. Was pretty simple. Just go to google and type in OTOW and hit enter. You get that link.
Yes it matters to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala