Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 01:47 PM

608 posts, read 1,708,070 times

Advertisements

Maybe this is an odd question to ask on here, but does anyone know where one might obtain quality musician earplugs in NoVa? I live in Fair Oaks and work in Falls Church, so somewhere in either of those general areas would be ideal. When I say "quality", I mean quality --- not those little cheapie goofy-looking reusable things you can probably buy at Wal-Mart.

Basically, I go out dancing a lot and I worry about my hearing as a result of the loud music. I woke up this morning with a ringing in my ears. Never a good thing. Might be time to break down and buy some earplugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 06:15 PM

106 posts, read 383,894 times
Get the foam ones at any industrial supply house. I played in a band and wore them all the time, and you can get a box of 100 pretty cheap.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:12 PM

230 posts, read 757,930 times
My daughter's audiologist recommended purchasing earplugs from this company - www.etymotic.com I bought two pairs of the ER-20 High Fidelity Hearing Protection Earplugs for her. She is hearing impaired in one ear and needed protection. They work great for her when she goes to rock concerts or anywhere there is loud music. On the page of the web site for the ER-20 High Fedelity Hearing Protection Earplugs - go to the right hand side of the page and click on the ER-20 Nightclub ones. They run $12.00 a piece and that's very reasonable. You can go to an audiologist and have special musician type earplugs made but they are much more expensive - over $100. My daughters audiologist recommended these for my daughter and her friends. I'm not sure where you could buy something comparable to these in the area. It wouldn't take long to get these sent to you via mail.

I would highly recommend getting earplugs to wear. My daughter also suffers from ringing in the ears and it's really hard for her to even sleep at night without a fan running to mask the sound. Once the hearing is damaged there is no fixing it!

Last edited by LVMYDACH; 06-13-2009 at 10:20 PM..

Old 06-14-2009, 01:32 PM

106 posts, read 383,894 times
Look at Northern Safety. You can get the same style as the etymotic ones, with a higher NRR (noise reduction rating) for less than 2 bucks.

Welcome to Northern Safety - For All Your Safety & Industrial Supplies / Northern Safety Co.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia