Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 05:28 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,187,858 times

Advertisements

Ayers Variety and Hardware - Westover Arlington VA

Need hardware, plumbing, electrical, paint, wood and metal material, window glass, tools, more? No need to suffer a visit to a big box store. Plants, soil, fertilizer, seeds. Household goods and supplies, cups, dishes and bowls, trash bags, curtain rods. Sewing supplies, thread, buttons, knitting. All kinds of crafting material, posterboard, glue, paint, beads and stuff. Greeting cards, wide variety of penny candies. Toys! Plastic dinosaurs, army men, animals, balls, games and puzzles. Plastic model kits, fishing supplies, seasonal decoration stuff. Bird feeder supplies, pet supplies (including the best kitty litter ever). Office supplies. I have not yet covered everything. You get the picture

I just got my tomato plants and cow manure yesterday

In the heart of Arlington's Westover neighborhood. When you get done shopping there, there's an ice cream store up the street and coffee and cafes across along with Post Office, Library, grocery, barber and much more. Check out the comments in this link...

Ayers Variety and Hardware - Arlington, VA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 07:44 PM

1,652 posts, read 3,879,660 times
Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips on Richmond Highway, near Hybla Valley *belch*

Old 05-26-2009, 07:40 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,161,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Bradley View Post
Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips on Richmond Highway, near Hybla Valley *belch*
I know where that is but I've never had the pleasure of stopping in.

People who don't normally travel through that section of Route 1 might be pleasantly surprised by the midscale dining that rivals nearby Kingstowne along with a smattering of ethnic eateries (Indian/Central American/Asian).

Old 05-28-2009, 09:08 AM

199 posts, read 652,871 times
Their Chicken Fried rice is gud!

Old 05-28-2009, 10:55 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,161,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indie05 View Post
Their Chicken Fried rice is gud!
Whose chicken fried rice?

Old 05-29-2009, 10:22 AM

199 posts, read 652,871 times
Opps Sorry...Meuki teh Chinese rest's Chiken fried rice I tht I was replying to a specific post

Old 05-31-2009, 08:59 AM

8,826 posts, read 15,314,403 times
N V Gutter Cleaning
www.novagutters.com

Just had them come out to clean our gutters. Very personable. They are out of Sterling and we are in Springfield. Our gutters weren't too bad. We paid a little bit of a travel fee because of the distance, but still the total was $76. I didn't think that was too bad for a single family home.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:20 AM

798 posts, read 2,727,899 times
I recently did business with Window Decor in Fairfax and was very impressed with their service. My business had to do with blinds but they appear to be a full service window covering store.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:48 PM

48 posts, read 187,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
N V Gutter Cleaning
www.novagutters.com

Just had them come out to clean our gutters. Very personable. They are out of Sterling and we are in Springfield. Our gutters weren't too bad. We paid a little bit of a travel fee because of the distance, but still the total was $76. I didn't think that was too bad for a single family home.
Thank you for the recommendation! We had our gutters cleaned last year through what I later realized was a national company. I prefer local businesses.

They were quick and our final cost was $75, which included extra charges for more than 7 (I think) gallons cleared out and for the clogged downspout.

Very reasonable price for the work they did. They were also very friendly at the door when they gave us the bill, explaining what they did and the charges.

I'd certainly add my recommendation to yours.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:22 PM

33 posts, read 113,590 times
Sushi Yoshi on Church St in Vienna- independent Japanese family-run business, friendly nice atmosphere (not a dumpy stripmall but not intimidatingly fancy or pricey), and lots of delicious sushi that has ruined all other sushi places for me by comparison. Only bad thing is that it is small and can get full, so call ahead for reservations.

Lebanese Taverna in Pentagon City- particularly wonderful to sit outdoors on summer nights when there is live music in the square. Employees can be awesome or awesomely miserable, and food quality varies as well, but the orange juice is always deliciously fresh-squeezed, and the atmosphere/location is great for meeting people and walking around after dinner.

Dentist Dr. Cote also in Pentagon City- old needs-redecorating office space, but very modern equipment and computer system. Dr Cote and his staff are very knowledgable and confidently competent, but also friendly and not intimidating- I think he'd be great for anyone with a fear of the dentist.

Yuan Fu Vegetarian- way off in Rockville, but absolutely delicious hole-in-the-wall vegan Chinese food- definitely worth the experience if you have a reason to drive over into Maryland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia