Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 02:16 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,769,264 times

Advertisements

As some may recall I previously mentioned there was a home improvement company NOT to use. Well, they filed bankruptcy - I hope nobody else is waiting for work or money from Creative Energy Corp. of Va.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 20,704 times
Granite and marble countertops are expensive. But Stone USA which works in Northern Virginia installed my kitchen in a day for $35 per sq. ft.

Last edited by FindingZen; 01-22-2009 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: posting company contact info constitutes advertising

Old 01-30-2009, 03:49 PM

179 posts, read 459,492 times
I'm a newbie to NOVA, but Thai Basil in Chantilly is outstanding and very reasonably priced. I try Thai restaurants everywhere I go and this is among the very best I've had. I believe they have another location in Ashburn but I have not been to that one.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerboy_911 View Post
Granite and marble countertops are expensive. But Stone USA which works in Northern Virginia installed my kitchen in a day for $35 per sq. ft.
I haven't followed the pricing that closely, but you got a great price I think.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:16 PM

1 posts, read 20,675 times
Default Cravens Nursery

Hi! I recently discovered Craven’s Nursery in Fairfax. I’d driven by it many times but for some reason just never stopped by. Finally last weekend my daughter and I were on our way back from her soccer game and decided to pay a visit. Glad we did! I need to repot a couple of plants and was pleased to see that all pots were 60% off! And the selection was awesome. Found the pots I needed and then of course bought more I didn’t really need, since the price was definitely right. Also came away with a gorgeous Japanese Maple tree (that was 50% off)—couldn’t resist—although thank God the nursery was very willing to hold the tree for me until the ground warms up a little bit.

Overall a pleasant experience—I’ll definitely check out Craven’s again.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:22 PM

798 posts, read 2,727,899 times
Default I agree on Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaruth View Post
Hi! I recently discovered Craven’s Nursery in Fairfax. I’d driven by it many times but for some reason just never stopped by. Finally last weekend my daughter and I were on our way back from her soccer game and decided to pay a visit. Glad we did! I need to repot a couple of plants and was pleased to see that all pots were 60% off! And the selection was awesome. Found the pots I needed and then of course bought more I didn’t really need, since the price was definitely right. Also came away with a gorgeous Japanese Maple tree (that was 50% off)—couldn’t resist—although thank God the nursery was very willing to hold the tree for me until the ground warms up a little bit.

Overall a pleasant experience—I’ll definitely check out Craven’s again.
We had a walk from the front of our TH around to the pad in the back yard done by Cravens last spring and we are very happy with the result. Steve (I think I have his name right) was great with advice/options and they were very helpful through the process. We get tons of compliments on the walk. They were recommended to us by a co-worker who has a brick patio done and told us how pleased they were with the job.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:45 AM

593 posts, read 2,439,465 times
When I don't want to cook, or want to feed my guests well, my favorite sub place is the Italian Store in Arlington, VA.
It is about 6 blocks away from the Court House metro station.

Any other Italian Store fans in here?

Old 02-19-2009, 07:55 AM

488 posts, read 1,746,622 times
Italian Store is good.
Liked their ravioli and deli items.

Wasabi next door is good too

Old 02-20-2009, 03:37 PM

107 posts, read 335,017 times
Try Avion or Avlon Deli in Chantilly. They do catering also and they got best deli food. They have other foods but I have only tried subs.
It's probably one of the best in Northern VA.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:03 PM

I am going to recommend Peak Roofing - we had gotten an estimate from "x" company and almost fell over (this was for a small siding repair) - I had another company (who I also probably would have gone with) - and Peak come out - The cost: LESS than 25% of what "x" company wanted - I was stunned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia