Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 10:44 AM

158 posts, read 128,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domabozo View Post
Hi All , I have couple of questions regarding Arlington/ NOVA in general

a) are jobs like cashier , indoor sales , store assistant , bookkeeping easily available ? is job market good for non government / non military jobs more specific aviation / logistics ?

b) will summer heat prevent outdoor/ parks ? do it cool at nights or still unbearable ? In winters , is there some temperate days / sun breaks where people can go parks
To be honest, money is going to be a factor. Rents and cost of living are not cheap so cashier may not work, as for aviation and logistics, there are going to be jobs at HQ2 and aviation around Dulles.

Unless you're from Canada or Iceland 99% of the summer days and nights will be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2020, 10:46 AM

158 posts, read 128,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Walker View Post
Try craigslist if you're looking for roommates.

What zip code will you be working in?
No offense but sending someone to craigslist for roommates is a bad idea, I hope this was a joke.

Old 10-18-2020, 11:30 AM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times
You all are answering a question asked 3 1/2+ yrs. ago!

Old 06-07-2023, 04:35 PM

3 posts, read 1,943 times
Living inside the beltway can be pretty hectic but lucky places like Skyline Drive are just about an hour and a half away, if you need to get some fresh air and peace and quiet. Nature can be so healing! Then you have Atlantic beaches two and a half hours in the opposite direction. You have Great Falls VA and then the "Billy Goat Trail" in Great Falls MD. If you are near Alexandria, there are a ton of outdoor activities going on at Jones Point underneath and around the Woodrow Wilson bridge, right along the Potomac river on the edge of Old Town. I've lived here my whole life and think of it as a great home base. But what do I know!

Old 06-08-2023, 09:21 AM

3 posts, read 1,943 times
I definitely agree with Old Town Alexandria having a small town vibe. They closed down the last block of king street to cars a couple years back which has been great for the restaurants being able to have more outdoor seating. Also, the development they have made along the waterfront starting at the end of king street has added a nice community vibe. They should have done this years ago but better late than never.

Old 10-18-2023, 05:38 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,288,860 times
I'll be moving to NOVA pretty soon. Not happy about leaving the city for the suburbs but I need the promotion.

Old 10-19-2023, 09:14 AM

9,875 posts, read 14,116,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I'll be moving to NOVA pretty soon. Not happy about leaving the city for the suburbs but I need the promotion.
Job promotion? Not sure where the job would be, but you could still live in DC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia