Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2024, 08:19 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,356,252 times

Advertisements

My friend's roommate isn't right in his mind. Recently, the roommate told my friend that he'd call the cops if I touch any of his 3 small dogs.

I asked my friend why??? No reason was given. I was like that's crazy talk... I NEVER done anything to harm his dogs. I can't help it if they come near me wanting my attention to be petted. I'm NOT gonna yell at them to GO AWAY if they come by me. That's not my nature. Those dogs aren't robots. I can't control what the dogs want to do around the house.

My friend doesn't really ever pets them. He stays in his room most of the time when at home. I told him that his roommate being a control freak making up b.s. just so I'd be scared to come over. The roommate has cameras around the house because he's paranoid about about his stuff.

I don't personally know anyone who works in law enforcement to ask them this question and what can I do to protect myself from false accussations.

I go over to my friend's house because he OWNS it and I don't really have anyone to hang out with. I'm a misfit.

I'm so upset and down about this. His roommate is a nightmare and my friend just lets him get away with everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2024, 08:25 PM

5,654 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Well...the easiest thing to do is don't touch the dogs. BUT you COULD tell him he can put the dogs in HIS damn room and make it easy on everyone else. And if THAT doesn't work tell him to call the cops. There's no crime of being kind to dogs.

Old 03-29-2024, 08:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,582 posts, read 17,927,273 times
You're in a very tough place. Your friend doesn't care enough to control his roommate in his own home that he owns.

I'd say don't touch his dogs.

Old 03-30-2024, 05:37 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
You have every right to be upset, this roommate is an idiot. If his dogs come up for some love what are you supposed to do? Shoo them away, is that what is really best for the dogs? When you hang out with your friend is the roommate in the living room with you as well? That would be uncomfortable. But you really have nothing to fear if he calls the police, you've got video proof that you didn't harm the dogs if it gets to that. I'd point this out to the idiot if he threatens to call the police again.

I lived in a ton of group houses when I was young, had countless roommates and I never had one like this thankfully. Your boy needs to move, I would never tolerate living in a home with cameras everywhere and a psycho roommate.

Old 03-30-2024, 06:28 AM

103 posts, read 38,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You have every right to be upset, this roommate is an idiot. If his dogs come up for some love what are you supposed to do? Shoo them away, is that what is really best for the dogs? When you hang out with your friend is the roommate in the living room with you as well? That would be uncomfortable. But you really have nothing to fear if he calls the police, you've got video proof that you didn't harm the dogs if it gets to that. I'd point this out to the idiot if he threatens to call the police again.

I lived in a ton of group houses when I was young, had countless roommates and I never had one like this thankfully. Your boy needs to move, I would never tolerate living in a home with cameras everywhere and a psycho roommate.
The OP's friend owns the house.

I wish I had this dog petting problem ... I don't like petting dogs and over the years have had people get pushy about it. Just last week a woman got upset with me because I wouldn't pet her dog.

Old 03-30-2024, 06:46 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
My friend's roommate isn't right in his mind. Recently, the roommate told my friend that he'd call the cops if I touch any of his 3 small dogs.

I asked my friend why??? No reason was given. I was like that's crazy talk... I NEVER done anything to harm his dogs. I can't help it if they come near me wanting my attention to be petted. I'm NOT gonna yell at them to GO AWAY if they come by me. That's not my nature. Those dogs aren't robots. I can't control what the dogs want to do around the house.

My friend doesn't really ever pets them. He stays in his room most of the time when at home.
You can help your reaction though. Just don't pet the dogs. Not worth the hassle of setting the whack job off and getting him upset. Not that the cops can do anything about you petting a dog, but the nutter might react in other, unexpected ways. Can your friend put the dogs away in another room before you come over?

Old 03-30-2024, 07:00 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,033,033 times
Tell him you are going to call the pound if his dogs look at you.

Old 03-30-2024, 09:13 AM

10,704 posts, read 5,651,721 times
Let him call the police. What crime would they be investigating?

The dog owner is bluffing, he won’t call the police. And if he does, it’s highly unlikely that anything would come of it, as no crime is being committed.

If he doesn’t want you to touch the dogs, he needs to ensure that the dogs aren’t around you.

Old 03-30-2024, 09:17 AM

24,474 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Did you not have run ins with the roomie in the past? Ignore him. Let him call the cops.

Old 03-30-2024, 09:56 AM

1,012 posts, read 785,071 times
When does your lease expire i would leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships