Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2019, 11:17 PM

3,982 posts, read 2,586,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
I think moneymkt left out the word call...

My mom response was...."I don't call her that much so I dont see what the issue is":
Someone left an anonymous rep saying: "ya we know" in regards to the word that was left out. What a kind way to let me know you noticed me!

Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 08:32 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,158,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
Someone left an anonymous rep saying: "ya we know" in regards to the word that was left out. What a kind way to let me know you noticed me!

Have a great day!
FYI I didn't do it. I appreciated the help

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
But that statement makes it a little better because it says the weekend instead of the actual days. But I still think it's better to say give me a call when you get a spare moment
This is really, really childish nitpicking because "call me between Friday and Sunday" and "call me over the weekend" are the EXACT SAME THING.

It sounds like you just don't like being expected to do something. It's pretty ridiculous.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:45 AM

2,261 posts, read 1,145,767 times
Quote:
But that statement makes it a little better because it says the weekend instead of the actual days. But I still think it's better to say give me a call when you get a spare moment
Sounds to me like youre finding reasons to avoid telling your mom why people dont want to pick up her calls.

If she has to get more aggressive just to get people to talk to her she obviously doesnt realize shes doing something wrong. Might want to get to the bottom of that and stop leaving her in the dark.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:46 AM

102,302 posts, read 108,429,936 times
Quote:
To-MAY-to, to-MAH-to. If she'd said "the weekend", it actually would have narrowed the time frame to just 2 days instead of 3, which would have made it "more aggressive" by your criteria.

She DID say "give me a call when you can" within a 3-day window. She said, according to you, "give me a call when you get a chance...".

This is weird, OP. There's nothing wrong with what she said. This seems to be more about you, and how you relate to her. She may have done/said egregious or bossy or inconsiderate/rude things in the past, IDK, but this is not one of them.

Old 09-01-2019, 09:44 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,774,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
To-MAY-to, to-MAH-to. If she'd said "the weekend", it actually would have narrowed the time frame to just 2 days instead of 3, which would have made it "more aggressive" by your criteria.

She DID say "give me a call when you can" within a 3-day window. She said, according to you, "give me a call when you get a chance...".

This is weird, OP. There's nothing wrong with what she said. This seems to be more about you, and how you relate to her. She may have done/said egregious or bossy or inconsiderate/rude things in the past, IDK, but this is not one of them.
But you dont see how the word "CAN" was eliminated by the time frame? lol The definition of the word can means whenever

Old 09-01-2019, 09:49 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,886,628 times
Why do you even know the precise wording of your mom's texts to people? Along with telling her exactly what to do (yikes), and telling her she's rude or aggressive (yikes), what business is it of yours at all? Is your mother mentally deficient and you are her caregiver?

Old 09-01-2019, 09:57 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,774,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
Why do you even know the precise wording of your mom's texts to people? Along with telling her exactly what to do (yikes), and telling her she's rude or aggressive (yikes), what business is it of yours at all? Is your mother mentally deficient and you are her caregiver?
I was trying to help her understand why my cousin had a issue with the text message.

Old 09-01-2019, 10:36 AM

4,182 posts, read 2,595,814 times
I don't see anything wrong with what your mom did at all. She probably gets tired of rude people not responding as they should.

Old 09-01-2019, 10:45 AM

4,182 posts, read 2,595,814 times
Quote:
the time frame makes it aggressive
No, not at all. They were given 3 days in which to set aside a short time for a phone call. How hard is that? It sounds very reasonable to me. You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Old 09-01-2019, 10:45 AM

7,490 posts, read 4,985,624 times
Quote:
the time frame makes it aggressive
No it doesn't. It's rude to refuse to return a call in a timely manner, and there's nothing wrong with giving someone a window of time to return a call. How do you know the conversation content is not time sensitive?

Most of the world operates with schedule. Many people, including my family, schedule phone calls and visits when it is convenient for all parties. Scheduling phone calls is normal in the business world, and it has spilled into the personal world where everyone is busy.

Adapt to how things are done rather than judge others who use modern communication strategies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships