Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 03:26 PM

892 posts, read 487,682 times

Advertisements

No. there's a reason, even if i don't agree with it. then it's just incompatibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 04:13 PM

840 posts, read 780,367 times
They opened a new account, so they got around your having blocked both of their prior accounts by using this new one to send their new friend request from. . . . IF they want to apologize for their prior behavior, they can send the apology to you via Facebook Messenger . . . unless you have blocked this new account of their's, too.

You can't really know that the account is being used by both of them, though. Just one of them could have opened the account & be using it . . . perhaps even claiming to be the other one.

?Would I send a Friend Request to someone who earlier blocked me?
Certainly not out of the blue! First I would want to know the reason why I was blocked, so I could consider apologizing for whatever it was. Then, only if the recipient accepted such apology would I even begin to consider sending them another Friend Request. You don't need to be a Facebook Friend to use Facebook Messenger, though. I prefer to keep my # of FBFs low, but I correspond with other people on facebook, too.

Old 07-10-2019, 07:55 PM

10,219 posts, read 17,951,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Says who? lol. Maybe their spouse don’t use FB much and choose having a joint account.
Not after previously having separate ones. Google it, this is actually such a common assumption that it's a meme. If you're sharing a FB account with your spouse, everyone thinks someone cheated even if they didn't. At the very least, there are probably deep trust issues.

Here's all the memes: https://www.google.com/search?biw=15...24.AZdODDGfiZY

Old 07-11-2019, 06:48 PM

4,052 posts, read 2,740,230 times
I will just say that it's interesting hearing people say that joint account means cheating.

And I will say that the question of cheating was the crux of why I shut them both down all those years ago. Didn't know anything about the possibility then, wasn't going to get dragged into the drama 25 years later.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:02 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,376,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Not after previously having separate ones. Google it, this is actually such a common assumption that it's a meme. If you're sharing a FB account with your spouse, everyone thinks someone cheated even if they didn't. At the very least, there are probably deep trust issues.

Here's all the memes: https://www.google.com/search?biw=15...24.AZdODDGfiZY
Some couples have joint FB from the moment they signed up. I have seen some couples setting up a joint fb account after having individual fb accounts. Those ones are more suspicious. If cheating wasn’t involved, then there’s some deep trust issues going on.

Thanks for the memes. Always fun to look at. lol

Old 07-11-2019, 09:15 PM

809 posts, read 1,334,779 times
Why would you even consider accepting the request? You haven't heard from them in years. Then questioned you about a situation. Blocked you. Now they are friending you again. Why would you want to do anything with these people? You certainly don't need friends like this.

Old 07-12-2019, 05:45 AM

4,052 posts, read 2,740,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupmom View Post
Why would you even consider accepting the request? You haven't heard from them in years. Then questioned you about a situation. Blocked you. Now they are friending you again. Why would you want to do anything with these people? You certainly don't need friends like this.
I'm not--and it was me who blocked them on their individual accounts. They created a new joint account and sent me a friend request from that. That's what shocked me, was that they had to realize I blocked them, yet they pop up a few years later and send another friend request.

Old 07-15-2019, 08:46 AM

9,485 posts, read 11,249,190 times
I don't know. I don't live my life in Facebook.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:13 AM

20,771 posts, read 20,060,324 times
I could not think of any reason why you would want to get/stay in contact with such people.

Joint account - not necessarily cheating - but clearly a huge relationship problem between them.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:53 PM

1,153 posts, read 570,513 times
No, I would not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships