Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM

34,168 posts, read 47,407,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
You do know that is a major street in the area and the subway is 3 blocks away. That would be most traffic if they are walking home from the train.

And you do know not everyone lives on blocks lit like times square, right?
What makes East 152nd Street a major street in the area?

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM

11,764 posts, read 6,136,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
You do know that is a major street in the area and the subway is 3 blocks away. That would be most traffic if they are walking home from the train.

And you do know not everyone lives on blocks lit like times square, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Yes, and to that my question stands: does she live on 152nd? If not, there is no reason to walk through there. Maybe she lives there.

Why do you guys keep guessing her status when nobody knows? You can speculate until your eyes bleed.

Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM

17,378 posts, read 15,535,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Why do you guys keep guessing her status when nobody knows? You can speculate until your eyes bleed.
I’m not guessing anything. I’m just wondering why one would walk there, at that time, unless one lives there. There is nothing there, it’s a sketchy area. If one doesn’t live on that street, why be there?

Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM

3,761 posts, read 3,493,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Wants the over/under on priors??
Aged like fine wine

Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM

17,424 posts, read 22,176,094 times
The terrifying ordeal unfolded around 3 a.m. May 1 as the perv followed the 45-year-old victim, who was walking on the sidewalk at East 152nd Street and Third Avenue, cops said

NOT blaming the victim but 3am in the Bronx is well past trouble.

Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM

The victim was apparently acquainted with the perp in some way, so she must live or work in the area. I don't know in what capacity she had "previous casual encounters" with the rapist.

Police said the victim, who is recovering from the assault, told them she identified Parks by his distinctive teeth, describing previous casual encounters with him in the neighborhood.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-nypd/5401349/

Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM

This article says the woman was "walking back home".

So there is the "why".

She was on that street at that time because she was walking back to her home. Was she visiting? Working? Took the train? Midnight hooker? I don't know, but she was just walking back home, per the police.

Why she needed to walk back home and what she was doing prior, still needs to be revealed.

Excerpt

According to the police, the incident occurred around 3 am on May 1 when the victim was walking back home. The woman is identified as a 45-year-old.

https://www.theweek.in/news/world/20...hind-cars.html

Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM

17,378 posts, read 15,535,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
This article says the woman was "walking back home".

So there is the "why".

She was on that street at that time because she was walking back to her home. Was she visiting? Working? Took the train? Midnight hooker? I don't know, but she was just walking back home, per the police.

Why she needed to walk back home and what she was doing prior, still needs to be revealed.

Excerpt

According to the police, the incident occurred around 3 am on May 1 when the victim was walking back home. The woman is identified as a 45-year-old.

https://www.theweek.in/news/world/20...hind-cars.html
Okay. I missed that part. So she lives there. Got it.

Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM

OK, this one says,

"She had been on her way to a friend's house when she was attacked..."

https://www.nydailynews.com/2024/05/...ock-of-attack/

So either she was heading back home after visiting a friend or she left her home and was off to visit a friend. At 3 am it makes more sense to me that she was visiting a friend, time got away from them or maybe she had sex with said friend, and then at 3 am left to go back home. Who knows?

We don't know where her home is. We don't know where her friend lives. The article above says that she was casually aquainted with the rapist perp so apparently they both live in the same area.

Old Yesterday, 05:33 PM

Would a knife even have helped here?

With a belt around your throat, I don't think there would be any time to register what had even happenrd in order to deploy a knife and try to cut through a leather belt.

You would be so shocked at something closing around your throat, even if you felt the belt and had some presence of mind, you would have to get the knife out over your head and saw at that belt very quickly.

I don't think anybody could do it.

She seemed to pass out and go limp fairly quickly with the belt choking her out. I don't think a knife would do a bit of good in this situation -- a surprise attack choked and dragged.

Dear God, I hope this doesn't give other perps any ideas because this is a brutally effective means of defenselessly restraining somebody quickly without any risk at all. Having a gun wouldn't do you any good at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: