Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 08:27 PM

2,737 posts, read 1,232,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
How odd that most of you have no interest beyond cynical enjoyment or dismissal - uninterested in facts.

Well, he may be called crazy, but he was shrewd enough to go exactly where there would be cameras.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It didn't seem to be about the Trump trial. Poor man tortured himself never thinking about the pain he would inflict on himself and that he would not die immediately. He also never considered that over time people would move on and eventually never really know why he did it and would not remember his videos.

RIP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2024, 05:53 AM

9,253 posts, read 24,137,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
We really never should have closed the asylums. Way too many Americans in need of mandatory treatment for their mental illnesses are just left on their own.

Would this man have been better off living in a mental ward or dying a terrible death at a relatively young age? I submit he was not better off, nor the thousands of drug addicted homeless on their way to meth-induced insanity as their brain matter is decaying rapidly.

We really need a rebirth of forced treatment in mental institutions.
It won't happen because nobody wants to pay for anything any more. The real reason the asylums were emptied during Reagan's administration was because of the cost.

Old 05-15-2024, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
It won't happen because nobody wants to pay for anything any more. The real reason the asylums were emptied during Reagan's administration was because of the cost.
Yes that was the main reason. It was by far too expensive for taxpayers to fund. Also look at the employees leaving on work related injury and abuse the patients had been subjected to. I have no doubt a lot of abuse, rape went on inside them. Especially when the relatives are not allowed to watch on a live stream, recordings with something like ring showing how they are being treated.

Look at how bipolar people are treated when they willingly admit themselves in a hospital and say I'm feeling suicidal and need someone to talk to. They immediately tie the person down on a cold hard slab with no way of so much as scratching an itch. When all they need is to sit in a padded cell and wait for someone to come and talk to them, get their mind off what they are feeling, thinking and what triggered the thoughts. They also many times will do a brain scan to see if anything is different going on when they report they feel depression coming on. People who do this are already raised from childhood to be away of where and how to get help. They have a support system with family and if something happens where they don't have that then they don't get what they need to redirect them. I think those are the people on the streets now. They have no one to watch over them and it gets hard as time goes on and parents pass away or they become old enough to live on their own or with roommates. But they fade away with time and if they are not taught from a young age what is important to do then I think that leads them to suicide and/or ending up on the streets.

Old 05-16-2024, 04:14 AM

9,253 posts, read 24,137,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
Yes that was the main reason. It was by far too expensive for taxpayers to fund. Also look at the employees leaving on work related injury and abuse the patients had been subjected to. I have no doubt a lot of abuse, rape went on inside them. Especially when the relatives are not allowed to watch on a live stream, recordings with something like ring showing how they are being treated.

Look at how bipolar people are treated when they willingly admit themselves in a hospital and say I'm feeling suicidal and need someone to talk to. They immediately tie the person down on a cold hard slab with no way of so much as scratching an itch. When all they need is to sit in a padded cell and wait for someone to come and talk to them, get their mind off what they are feeling, thinking and what triggered the thoughts. They also many times will do a brain scan to see if anything is different going on when they report they feel depression coming on. People who do this are already raised from childhood to be away of where and how to get help. They have a support system with family and if something happens where they don't have that then they don't get what they need to redirect them. I think those are the people on the streets now. They have no one to watch over them and it gets hard as time goes on and parents pass away or they become old enough to live on their own or with roommates. But they fade away with time and if they are not taught from a young age what is important to do then I think that leads them to suicide and/or ending up on the streets.
I wonder what Jesus would do. Would he lock them up? Would he ignore them and leave them on the streets?

Old 05-19-2024, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
I wonder what Jesus would do. Would he lock them up? Would he ignore them and leave them on the streets?
According to the bible he would cure or heal them.

Old 05-19-2024, 06:36 PM

15,638 posts, read 15,771,746 times
Sad that he disappeared from the news within 48 hours.

Old Today, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Sad that he disappeared from the news within 48 hours.

They didn't even show his videos other than one time and it was cut down. No report of if he was getting help, homeless, ever arrested prior to this horrible public suicide. Nothing much except the video of his burning nearly to death. Not much of a mention that it had nothing to do with the trial or Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City