Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2024, 01:07 PM

1,302 posts, read 358,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
why werent they transparent with the reason they stopped him on video? it would've made THEM look better, if it were for all that. they're covering up because they look bad stopping a city counciilman. they already knew who he was. Salaam is well known and a Harlem resident. this is exactly why city council wants the 'how many stops' law to happen because it is common for blacks to be pulled over for driving while black
The first thing out of the councilman’s mouth when the cop comes up To his window is “I’m councilman Saalam”. The cop realizes this isn’t worth the career risk so he drops it and lets him go. The cops know these places are run like fiefdoms by corrupt politicians.

He didn’t even have a chance to tell him why he stopped him. Illegal tints are enough to stop a car because they’re illegal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2024, 01:08 PM

Quote:
the councilman is a Harlem resident. has georgia plates because he hasnt been in NY long
Long enough to get elected and draw paychecks from the taxpayer but not long enough to get his car correctly registered? Who actually believes this?

Old 01-28-2024, 01:19 PM

7,907 posts, read 7,937,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
The first thing out of the councilman’s mouth when the cop comes up To his window is “I’m councilman Saalam”. The cop realizes this isn’t worth the career risk so he drops it and lets him go. The cops know these places are run like fiefdoms by corrupt politicians.

He didn’t even have a chance to tell him why he stopped him. Illegal tints are enough to stop a car because they’re illegal?
he didn't have a chance? what? according to whom? nah they phucced up. they're not primarily going after people with tints. right now the central focus is on fake plates.
the 26th did what they're known to do. post on that corner or stretch of 125th and broadway, and make fetch happen. lapse of judgement on the 26th precincts part, which is why it happened. you're definitely not from Harlem. got it.

Old 01-28-2024, 01:19 PM

Quote:
its not resignating, and that's fine. they do know it was him, and they rushed the bodycam footage of the stop, because its apart of their storyline of why they stopped him. u get it now? this makes them look bad because they backed up the reason of why they want this new law in place, for the second got damn time. they knew the councilman would sound off on this. i also said that IF the tints and OOS plates were the reason, why were they not transparent in the body cam video?? woulda made THEM look better. the only people who are messy and cloudy are the 26th precinct because they had no business stopping the councilman. having OOS plates and tints are so low on the criminality totem pole, what did they expect to gain from this? why pull him over? its not like he had fake plates. like, hello?
Perfect advocate for broken windows policing and how the black community feels entitled to break laws and when those laws are enforced, they feel they’re being *targeted*.

Old 01-28-2024, 01:24 PM

1,504 posts, read 780,856 times
Quote:
Long enough to get elected and draw paychecks from the taxpayer but not long enough to get his car correctly registered? Who actually believes this?
Can’t register it in New York with tints also so that’s another reason. Can’t pass inspection.

Don’t forget nys states

“Do I need to register my vehicle in New York State?
It depends

if you aren’t a resident of New York, the registration from your state of residence is valid here
if you move to New York and become a resident, you must register your vehicle here within 30 days of becoming a resident (moving)
if you are a resident of New York and you get a vehicle from another state which you will be driving on New York State roadways, you must register the vehicle here within 30 days

“Definition of New York State Resident

Section 250 (5) of the Vehicle and Traffic Law defines the term 'resident.' The law defines a resident as a person who lives in NY State with the intent to make NY State a "fixed and permanent" place to live. To live in a house, a home, an apartment, a room or other similar place in NY State for 90 days is considered "presumptive evidence" that you are a resident of NY State. A police officer can use this evidence as the reason to issue a traffic ticket if you drive in NY State without a driver license or vehicle registration issued by NY State.

A judge considers the law and the evidence of your intent and decides if you are a resident of NY State. For example, if you pay taxes or your children attend school in another state, a judge considers these facts to decide if your intent is to make NY State a "fixed and permanent" residence. The DMV will not decide if you are a resident of NY State, if you must get a NY State driver license, or if you must register your vehicle in NY State.”

Seems like he was let off without 1000’s of dollars in tickets being issued.

Last edited by 94nasupra; 01-28-2024 at 01:34 PM..

Old 01-28-2024, 01:25 PM

Quote:
he didn't have a chance? what? according to whom? nah they phucced up. they're not primarily going after people with tints. right now the central focus is on fake plates.
the 26th did what they're known to do. post on that corner or stretch of 125th and broadway, and make fetch happen. lapse of judgement on the 26th precincts part, which is why it happened. you're definitely not from Harlem. got it.
The NYPD screwed up because they stopped someone for doing something illegal? If this isn’t a perfect example of the path NYC is heading to then it’s hard to imagine something else.

Herr we have a resident of NYC carrying water for a law breaking councilman.

Old 01-28-2024, 01:37 PM

1,504 posts, read 780,856 times
Quote:
Aren’t bmw’s being stolen left and right ? I know plenty of people who’s x5’s and x7’s are stolen from nyc. How does one know the plates match the vin?

I see very few “fake plates” when I’m there. The nypd seems to have stopped stopped that in the recent year or so.

Why does one need to be from Harlem? Still a councilman that’s Involved with nyc.

https://patch.com/new-york/harlem/au...over-last-year

1100 percent increase In stolen cars in Harlem last year.

Ironically my insurance has done up 90 a month extra in a years time. Not one claim ever under my name. Im curious if Insurance will cover a future claim of his now that this is documented.

Last edited by 94nasupra; 01-28-2024 at 02:15 PM..

Old 01-28-2024, 02:16 PM

34,179 posts, read 47,465,420 times

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-28-2024, 03:15 PM

10,234 posts, read 15,104,036 times
Quote:
This is NYC where even people in the projects drive luxury cars. I think your point regarding *normal* b luxury cars isn’t true at all. I live in a middle class apartment building. My neighbor lives in an identical unit to mine and drives a $120K car. I drive a $30K car.
I noticed you never said "I drive or have driven a luxury car," but yet somehow know if drivers treat you differently depending if you're driving a luxury vehicle vs a "normal" one. You should try it one day and let us know how it went.

Old 01-28-2024, 03:25 PM

2,474 posts, read 1,241,895 times
He was on his way to Central Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City