Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2012, 05:12 PM

49 posts, read 99,304 times

Advertisements

I love the enthusiam. This job is great. Anyone who has ever had a real job will love this job. Been on almst two years... bottom guy in my district for a year. Worst day at sanitation is better than the best day at any of my other jobs. Which Ive had plenty.You name it Ive done it. Ill see you all in the district soon. Everything in gods time.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:18 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,971,701 times
Got a letter today requesting medical clearance from a cardiologist within 2 weeks. Doesn't say anything about my name being removed from the list or anything, but I still feel like this can't be good.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
They haven't announced the date for the next exam, you are confused with 02/14 being when the
6063 list expires. Why they don't give the exam next year before the list expires, beats me.

It looks like there is going to be a gap of a few months from when the 6063 expires until the new list
is established. 7 years between exams,. No way are they going to reach the 2nd round(#3,760+)
with just 1 1/2 yrs to go.

There really isn't any book or study guide, it's common sense according to those who scored very
high on the list. It's how you take the test that is more important.
I am at #363x , what kind of shot is that looking like?

Old 08-20-2012, 06:57 PM

297 posts, read 473,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trife86 View Post
I am at #363x , what kind of shot is that looking like?
Unless there is a big hiring next year like 500+ maybe...if not...sorry bro

Old 08-20-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
Got a letter today requesting medical clearance from a cardiologist within 2 weeks. Doesn't say anything about my name being removed from the list or anything, but I still feel like this can't be good.
Just go and get cleared from a cardiologist and FAX it to h.r. real quick..

Old 08-20-2012, 07:22 PM

245 posts, read 386,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
Did you fail your medical

Old 08-20-2012, 08:22 PM

12 posts, read 21,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBanker View Post
You have to be prepared my brother, I have saved a little stash to prepare for the hit in pay and I am an older married man that it doesn't matter what shift I work. I won't be pissed off because my friends are hanging out going to the club. This WILL make my life easier in the long run with the benefits and pension. I will take my beatings in the beginning and will appreciate that I am no longer in the corporate rat race anymore. I will be good my man.
I'm not trying to discourage you.. Iam just stating reality.it's not about being young and wanting to go out, it's about being human and wanting a life. Will it pay off I'n the end YES.. But it's a long way till the end.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:18 PM

20 posts, read 32,765 times
Taking 1/2 my social security after i have been working and contributing since 1997 is bull**** and sounds illegal! Just saying..the rest i could live with hopefully when bloomdouche is out we can renegotiate. I will be in august 27th class and yes the pay will hurt but like my main man dcs2gr ill do what it takes and be gratefull. This might be one of the best city jobs in the nation

Old 08-20-2012, 10:22 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,971,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batwings View Post
Did you fail your medical
I sure hope not, the mail was basically the results of all my tests, it all looked ok but the again I have no clue how to read any of the readouts as I am not a doc lol... It said nothing about failing or disqualifying or removal from list... It just says the clinic director is requesting a notice of clean health from an outside cardiologist that I can safely operate a truck and do heavy manual labor, I'm guessing my EKG showed something bad , I have no idea how to read an EKG so who knows, just gonna go to my local doc office and get checked out and send in the letter

Old 08-21-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay_OuT_Save_Jobs View Post
I'm not trying to discourage you.. Iam just stating reality.it's not about being young and wanting to go out, it's about being human and wanting a life. Will it pay off I'n the end YES.. But it's a long way till the end.
For some of us our families are more important than wanting for ourselves...if I have to lay down my life so my girls can have health insurance and a better life then so be it...I could care less about me, its all about my girls. If it was about me then I'd stay towing rather then taking this job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City