Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 09:45 PM

1 posts, read 27,708 times

Advertisements

What can anybody tell me about this area, I bought some land here but haven't had a chance to visit the area yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2007, 02:28 AM

21 posts, read 164,615 times
Default Rio Del Oro

Quote:
Originally Posted by twallace View Post
What can anybody tell me about this area, I bought some land here but haven't had a chance to visit the area yet.
Twallace,

I bought some land there as well. I was doing some research a company name falcon ridge development merged and went public and was to develop over 200 acres...

I guess that is where we sit today. The company is still listed on the stock exchange but about worthless. I assume that is where the "plans" that most will see has came from. I do know they have a train that just started I think in the western part of the land. We have thought about moving from South Carolina for a while and my parents are in AZ so this seemed a good location, actually we were looking more at homes in the ALQ area.

(broken link)

Last edited by Yac; 01-16-2007 at 05:43 AM..

Old 01-16-2007, 07:35 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,024,515 times
Where is Rio del Oro subdivision?

Old 01-16-2007, 08:15 AM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,288,185 times
It is out in Rio Communities just south east of Belen. I sure hope you all had a chance to see the place before you made your purchase.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:33 PM

48 posts, read 223,653 times
Default Rio Del Oro Property

TWALLACE, how could you buy land without seeing it,or checking out surronding area, alot of land scams out there.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:52 PM

39 posts, read 269,127 times
Default Rio del Oro

Rio del Oro is south of Belen, toward the Manzano mountains. Land values can vary from $500 to $5000 per lot. Not much out there but there are new developments planned for the area. Here are some photos of the area.
Attached Thumbnails
Rio Del Oro Subdivision - INFORMATION-rio-del-oro.jpg   Rio Del Oro Subdivision - INFORMATION-manzanoexpwy.jpg   Rio Del Oro Subdivision - INFORMATION-rio-del-oro-unit-map.jpg   Rio Del Oro Subdivision - INFORMATION-rdogateway.jpg  

Old 01-17-2007, 01:56 PM

15 posts, read 75,389 times
Hi I have been looking for some type of fixer uppers near ABQ. I have seen several decrepit trailers offered on the Meadowlakes area. They don't seem to sell. Not sure how your area relates. Marie

Old 01-22-2007, 04:05 AM

Default Lacey.............

Is rio del oro land locked or something? I seen and I think it was 2 years ago they were trying to get a bridge built to go over a reservation? Is something like that true?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey View Post
Rio del Oro is south of Belen, toward the Manzano mountains. Land values can vary from $500 to $5000 per lot. Not much out there but there are new developments planned for the area. Here are some photos of the area.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:45 AM

39 posts, read 269,127 times
Default Not Land Locked

Rio del Oro is not landlocked. There is access from Belen ,over the river, as well as from Los Lunas on the Manzano Expressway. The bridge is another discussion altogether. There is only one exit in Los Lunas and 3 in Belen. With all the development and increase in population in the area, Main St. in Los Lunas gets really clogged up. In order to alleviate this problem, the county would like to build another exit as well as another bridge over the Rio Grande that will allow a smoother flow for traffic. If you are familiar with Albuquerque, this is the same thing that happened with the Montano Bridge Project. It took over 30 years for that to happen but it did. People did not want a bridge going through their neighborhood. Valencia County residents (some, not all) believe the development of the bridge and exit for Los Lunas will take away farm land and lands that have been held for many years without development.The roads and bridges are needed so others will be able to get to their homes without all the traffic problems. The same is true for the project of widening Hiway 47. It's called progress and if people want a larger tax base to feed the projects, they will need to concede that it is imperative that something happen and it will more than likely be the bridge in Tome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoorhouse View Post
Is rio del oro land locked or something? I seen and I think it was 2 years ago they were trying to get a bridge built to go over a reservation? Is something like that true?

Thanks

Old 01-22-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Lacey.............

Thanks for the information. I'm not very familiar with ABQ we thought about moving somewhere around there to be closer to my parents in Lake Havasu City, AZ but haven't been too serious with those thoughts yet just looking around. I don't miss I-5 in San Diego, that traffic makes ya nutz.

I do know everywhere you will always have updates to traffic patterns and nobody wants that as well with the retailers that come but kind of hard to defeat with population growth. lol

I appreciate you time and assistance and if ya don't mind I'll gather a few questions for ya.

thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey View Post

Rio del Oro is not landlocked. There is access from Belen ,over the river, as well as from Los Lunas on the Manzano Expressway. The bridge is another discussion altogether. There is only one exit in Los Lunas and 3 in Belen. With all the development and increase in population in the area, Main St. in Los Lunas gets really clogged up. In order to alleviate this problem, the county would like to build another exit as well as another bridge over the Rio Grande that will allow a smoother flow for traffic. If you are familiar with Albuquerque, this is the same thing that happened with the Montano Bridge Project. It took over 30 years for that to happen but it did. People did not want a bridge going through their neighborhood. Valencia County residents (some, not all) believe the development of the bridge and exit for Los Lunas will take away farm land and lands that have been held for many years without development.The roads and bridges are needed so others will be able to get to their homes without all the traffic problems. The same is true for the project of widening Hiway 47. It's called progress and if people want a larger tax base to feed the projects, they will need to concede that it is imperative that something happen and it will more than likely be the bridge in Tome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico