Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2024, 11:31 PM

5 posts, read 3,979 times

Advertisements

Hi all! Me, my husband, and 3 young children will be moving to Morris County. We have been looking primarily in Long Valley/ Randolph area. Can anyone offer insight between the 2 towns? We are focused on a good school system, with a nice community feel/town events/family involvement. We would love a “neighborhood” with other kids to play with, be able to ride bikes, love a peaceful environment, don’t mind traveling for amenities but not too far. We are both work from home right now with my husband traveling all around, occasional meetings in Parsippany. Work travel isn’t a big issue. My son has a 403B due to medical issues right now, may need an IEP, would appreciate any input on these towns regarding what they offer and accommodate for IEP’s. Thank you in advance for any input!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2024, 06:52 AM

5 posts, read 3,979 times
EDIT: I meant a 504 plan for school, not 403B!

Old Today, 10:28 PM

214 posts, read 350,323 times
Both towns are quite big and similar in nature in terms of vibe. Of course Randolph would be closer to Morristown, Rt 10 corridor. But Long Valley depending on where you buy homes, has access to either Rt46/80 or Rt 78/206 access. Randolph has YMCA and few sports arena which is great for kids.. especially during winter to keep the kids active. But Long Valley is scenic and I am kind of biased because I live in Long Valley. The type of environment you are looking is only available in a HOA kind community or an area where neighbors look out for other neighbors. I would give you a pointer for two houses which are going to be listed very soon and is in a community 84 Kim Lane (FSBO) and 13 Evita Terrace (soon to be listed), both with IG pools. Long Valley dors have supports for special education, but I would suggest to call up the schools to get specifics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey