Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2024, 06:37 PM

47 posts, read 20,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Those are all cities with far cheaper real estate than NY/NJ, DC, SF, Boston, where land costs make downtown NFL stadiums virtually impossible. Seattle used the land from the Kingdome which was built in the 70s when Seattle had dirt cheap real estate. Moreover, people drive to all the places you listed. Interestingly, Santa Clara gets plenty of people to ride the light rail to Niners games, but also has tons of surface parking lots and tailgaters, whom you seem to have an odd dislike for. Freedom of choice.

Also, it doesn't matter what Europe does or thinks, I laugh at their weak, outdated economies, and soccer bores me to tears.
Soccer to be honest I don't care for. But you are an idiot if you think Europe's economy is "weak" when Norway, Switzerland, Finland have better education, health, and transit systems than the USA. Pretty much every European country except Former Yugoslavia has good transit. Not to mention higher IQs. I know you are going to say "well we got the best military", but that same military got trashed by a bunch of illterate caveman and lost to a bunch of straw hat wearing rice paddy farmers 50 years earlier. Also, most American cities are garbage cause they either have no real transit or it's designed poorly. If it were not America's beautiful national parks, we would look no different than Gaza.

So it does matter what Europeans and Asians(East) experience here so we don't look like third worlders with our transit system. Even when Trump went to China years ago he said our transit sucks balls and that's a Republican.

Seattle isn't a cheap city since it has a legitimate economy and great scenery as well.

I have no issue with freedom of choice but Jerry Jones clearly doesn't believe in that.

Last edited by prodigymma; 02-10-2024 at 06:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2024, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
I used to live in the DC area, and the fans have always hated Jack Kent Cooke Stadium/FedEx Field, however the team was not looking for a new stadium back then due to the 30 year lease. They're likely going to need to extend it a couple years because they still don't know where, and in which state, the new stadium will be.

I've been to Seattle, SF/Santa Clara, Los Angeles, New England, Dallas, Washington/Landover, NY/Meadlowlands, Arizona, and Chicago and have yet to see an NFL stadium without tailgaters. You seem to have this thing against it, but it's everywhere.

The NFL is never going to be some walkable urban neighborhood sport. But MLB is very much that in many cities. Even the Arizona Diamondbacks have tons of fans who come now via light rail downtown and populate bars and restaurants around the stadium. The NBA is similar. The NFL requires far more acreage per site, more seats, and far more road capacity.
Didn't say they didn't exist, but that doesn't justify catering a stadium for them when they are a tiny minority of fans. I been to Dallas when the Giants played them there early this season, and only 100 people were actually tailgating with trunks open and grills. That's Dallas home of BBQ and Tex-Mex. And most were older or obese. So your thinking that NFL requires more roads is dumb.

Even when I went to a Raider game in Las Vegas(with a tiny parking lot), a city as anti-transit and anti-walking as Dallas or Houston, I saw even less people tailgating. I mostly saw people smoking pot outside the stadium.

So much for being an important experience.

Old 02-10-2024, 11:15 PM

10,503 posts, read 7,031,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigymma View Post
Didn't say they didn't exist, but that doesn't justify catering a stadium for them when they are a tiny minority of fans. I been to Dallas when the Giants played them there early this season, and only 100 people were actually tailgating with trunks open and grills. That's Dallas home of BBQ and Tex-Mex. And most were older or obese. So your thinking that NFL requires more roads is dumb.

Even when I went to a Raider game in Las Vegas(with a tiny parking lot), a city as anti-transit and anti-walking as Dallas or Houston, I saw even less people tailgating. I mostly saw people smoking pot outside the stadium.

Just to play devils advocate to this entire discussion. The majority of seats and revenue at the games are coming from 55 year old men who are season ticket holders. The next bucket seats sold are corporate/business owners seats. Many of the tailgate partiers don't even buy tickets, or just buy them from the secondary market. Sure these people bring energy to the game but are looked at as a liability.

Even though I may disagree with the Meadowlands location, the vast majority of people coming to these games live out in the suburbs and wouldn't be taking NJ Transit to the game. Likely why they didn't want a stadium in a city or with a transportation system. The Giants and Jets don't have an issue is selling out their tickets.

Baseball however is an entirely different issue in getting people to get out the stadiums.

Old 02-11-2024, 01:04 AM

27,231 posts, read 44,008,363 times
Quote:
Bengals Paycor Stadium is in downtown Cincinnati.

Falcons Mercedes-Benz Stadium is practically in downtown Atlanta and has direct one-seat rail through MARTA.

Saints Caesars Palace Stadium is in downtown New Orleans and next to a tram stop.

Seahawks Lumen Field n Seattle is in downtown and next to a light rail stop.

So right there are stadiums that are in walkable areas of the city and with legitimate rail transit.

Not to mention many soccer stadiums in European cities are not far from the center.

I am not saying it should be put smack dab in the center but should be put in an area where not everyone that has to transfer two commuter rail trains to get to it.

I would be ok with Newark. There is no need for stadiums to have giant parking lots. It's practically wasted space once that is done. Keeping in a downtown near transit reduces drunk driving too.
Not to mention:

Denver Broncos
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Em...eHY4?entry=ttu

Cleveland Browns
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cl...NG4y?entry=ttu

Pittsburgh Steelers
https://www.google.com/maps/place/St...w96n?entry=ttu

Baltimore Ravens
https://www.google.com/maps/place/M%...cTdy?entry=ttu

Chicago Bears
https://www.google.com/maps/place/So...dzM1?entry=ttu

Detroit Lions
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fo...YnNx?entry=ttu

Minnesota Vikings
https://www.google.com/maps/place/U....s11d?entry=ttu

Carolina Panthers
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ba...NGo1?entry=ttu

All are in or very close to the city core with rail connections in close proximity.

Old 02-11-2024, 04:00 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,684,646 times
Quote:

Pics speak louder.........

A lot more then 100 people,.............alot more!

Old 02-11-2024, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Pics speak louder.........

A lot more then 100 people,.............alot more!
That's not even 10,000 people. Nice try though but it still doesn't justify a worthless parking lot third world setup.

Old 02-11-2024, 12:44 PM

Excellent job kyle. Even a trash car centric city like Detroit has transit to its stadium and it's in a walkable area Actually, it's the third most walkable NFL stadium. It's hilarious that these subhumans justify a parking lot so drunks can tail gate and then crash their car after the game lol.

Old 02-11-2024, 01:18 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,684,646 times
Quote:
That's not even 10,000 people. Nice try though but it still doesn't justify a worthless parking lot third world setup.
Give it up, you lost.

Old 02-11-2024, 02:30 PM

363 posts, read 286,176 times
hoboken has a total area of approximately 2 square miles. that's a parking lot. where will you put the rest of it?
but please scout out locations in the neighboring towns, run it by the gov, and get back to us.

Old 02-11-2024, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Give it up, you lost.
Sorry dude, keep trying to justify third worldism. When you get out of your mom's basement, you will realize how the real world operates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey