Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 01:26 PM

3,089 posts, read 1,550,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Anyone think she is alive?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/05/us/ha...ire/index.html

So incredibly sad. I have to wonder what is up with NH and how they keep track of children? I mean this just happened:

https://nypost.com/2021/11/23/new-ha...lence-neglect/

Shameful. In the end it's the idiot parents, but what is DCF doing?
Ma. dcyf was involved with this sorry situation too. not just NH. 2 states, 2 court systems and then still couldnt do anything right. There was also a channel 13 Fox Boston reporter involved in this.He adopted the little girls younger brother and wanted to adopt the little girl. Ma. dcyf told him the little girl had been reunited with her father. Look it up. Easy to find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2022, 01:33 PM

16,451 posts, read 8,242,983 times
I hadn't heard that.

All i know is that people dont think too kindly of DCF, i used to see them as helpful but now I dont know...

Old 01-06-2022, 01:34 PM
KCZ

4,679 posts, read 3,674,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I can't figure that out either...why not another family member if possible or a foster parent. The father seems like an animal who just keeps getting people pregnant.

The rest of the family doesn't sound much better. At least 2 of them knew she was being abused and then missing since 2019 and never said anything. It's a state law that children be returned to the custody of biological relatives whenever possible.

Old 01-06-2022, 02:08 PM

16,451 posts, read 8,242,983 times
SO sad...beautiful little girl. Someone would have loved to have taken her in. I hate the laws but I hate the people more that do this to children.

What awful news for 2022. I need some good news.

Old 01-06-2022, 02:40 PM

830 posts, read 1,539,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Ma. dcyf was involved with this sorry situation too. not just NH. 2 states, 2 court systems and then still couldnt do anything right. There was also a channel 13 Fox Boston reporter involved in this.He adopted the little girls younger brother and wanted to adopt the little girl. Ma. dcyf told him the little girl had been reunited with her father. Look it up. Easy to find.
He was in contact with the mother apparently, trying to reunite the siblings, at the very least, since the boy still talked about the sister. The mother was, apparently, clear with him that she had not been able to locate the girl. I THINK (although all the details are murky and I find it hard to figure out what is fact and what is speculation) that it was that reporter/adoptive parent who pressed the issue with NH DCYF, leading to the search.

Old 01-06-2022, 04:04 PM
KCZ

4,679 posts, read 3,674,811 times
I read the mother was living in Florida? I'm not sure how diligent she was in trying to find the girl.

Old 01-06-2022, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
I read the mother was living in Florida? I'm not sure how diligent she was in trying to find the girl.
she didnt have custody. I heard she had asked a number of times but if she was denied custody no one in power will talk to her.

Old 01-06-2022, 07:48 PM

there is an investigative reporter on fox boston working on this, Cavanaugh?, what she has uncovered so far is bad, very bad. you wonder how 2 state agencies can foul up so badly.

Old 01-07-2022, 01:32 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
you wonder how 2 state agencies can foul up so badly.
I don't. Incredibly poorly financed agencies. Way too few workers that are paid pennies.

It's surprising they can get anything right with the lack of support they get from society.

If we actually cared about the work they do this wouldn't be the situation, but we vote with our tax dollars.

Old 01-07-2022, 02:28 PM

64 posts, read 71,187 times
I worked in human services in Ma for 20 years. The system was so messed up when I left years ago. The push for family unification is a noble, yet flawed one. You would not believe the # of families that are not qualified to handle children. What ever you guess, times that by 1000.
The whole system is completely overwhelmed. When children are removed, they are most times improperly placed. Many times instead of putting them in a more restrictive setting, they are placed in settings where they are set up to fail.
Often times, family reunion is better than being in the system for life. Lack of wages, programs and resources, and lack of responsibility on parents part is a recipe for failing the children. Most would be completely shock if they new what really goes on.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire